Notices

Trustworthy garage in ABZ required

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2004, 12:03 PM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to get a bit of a brake upgrade fitted, only up rated pads and disks – nothing serious. So, I was wondering who would people recommend to have this done in the Aberdeen area? i.e. I’m looking for a reliable and trust worthy garage to do a bit of work on the Impreza. I’ve heard that both Brian Downie is a good company but I’m not sure if they offer a garage service. Also what about Fiskens of Forfar? I’ve heard they have a good rep has anybody used them?

Cheers in advance.
Old 02 February 2004, 12:38 PM
Bats-Wrx
Scooby Regular

Brian Downie does offer a garage service.
Old 02 February 2004, 09:27 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

All work done to my car is farmed out to either Glenburgie Subaru or Russell and Martin @ BHP Developments. Both very friendly operations, no bull, just excellent standards of work at good prices. Seeing as you're in Aberdeen i'd recommend giving Russell (Wuz on here) a shout to see what he can do for you.

For the record i've have had a very bad experience with Downie and wouldn't consider recommending him for an instant.
Old 03 February 2004, 09:12 AM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Carl,

Cheers for the advice. I think I`ll knock Downie off the list.
I`m afraid that Glenburgie Subaru is just a bit to far away from me here in Aberdeen. It would mean taking a day off work just to get the car serviced!

Has anyone used FISKENS Of Forfar as they offer a 10% discount to SIDC members and this makes them very competitive. What kind of service do they offer and do their mechanics know their stuff?

Thanks guys
Old 03 February 2004, 12:01 PM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 03 February 2004, 12:21 PM
Adam Kindness
Scooby Regular

i once drove a car at downies that was completly soaking inside LOL
Old 03 February 2004, 03:01 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

Smile Brian Downie

I'm on my 4th Impreza. Brian Downie looks after my car, does all servicing, some upgrades and generally has been a great help for me. His labour rate is cheap,his attention to detail is superb. He fixed a problem with my car caused by an English tuning company, the problem had Ecutek stumped.

I would recommend using Brian Downie. I dont think I would still be running an Sti if I hadnt started using him. He has saved me a small fortune over the last couple of years.
Old 03 February 2004, 04:10 PM
callum Sti02
Scooby Regular

Smile

I "found" Brian Downie over a year ago when my supplying dealer damaged all four of my new 18" alloys and I needed someone else to look after my car despite in still being within the warranty period.

Since then Brian has been nothing but honest, straight forward and great to deal with. As clubby says his rates are excellent, his workshop clean and tidy and his tools all professional stuff - all things that matter to an enthusiast like me. Best of all he NEVER gives me any bull****! Brian has done lots of work on my Sti and has recently removed the engine for the next stage of development

In saying the following I am not throwing ANY accusations at the other posters in this thread as I don't know any of you but he does not suffer fools gladly. It is certainly worth giving him a call or give me a call on 01807 580422 if you want to discuss his work further.

I am not attached to Brian's business in any way other than as a happy customer.

cheers,
Callum
Old 04 February 2004, 02:55 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Cheers Carl - Good to see we impress people.

All I can say is I have heard a lot of good things about Brian but have never used him myself.

At the end of the day, you may pick whoever you want but I would like you to give us a try and see if we meet your expectations. If not, them we part company there with no hard feelings (never had a customer do this yet though!)

Russell

Last edited by WUZ; 04 February 2004 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04 February 2004, 03:26 AM
wooosh
Scooby Regular

Big recommendation for Wuz. He fitted my knocklink and boost gauge/pod. Certaintly knows his stuff and is cheap !!
Old 04 February 2004, 10:43 AM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Wuz,

Just wondering who do you work for? and where about are you based?

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 04 February 2004, 01:38 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking

Chris - BHP Developments is a part-time hobby company run by myself and Martin (Infinity) as we both work offshore for a living (I dig holes and he fixes engines) and this is a nice way to earn money to support the massive lifestyle that is Impreza modifying!

We started the company about 10 months ago (We're based at my home in Kingswells) and since then we have worked on about 35 cars and all of them run faster, stop quicker and breath better with no problems related to our work.

As the Scoobynet rules prevent me from telling you our prices,etc feel free to mail me or call me on 01224 749972 with what you want done to the car and I'll quote you a price. We'll take it from there.

Russell
Old 05 February 2004, 08:11 PM
Kendo
Scooby Regular

Would definately recommend BHP Developments they've fitted every thing on mine ( & its 120 mile round trip) great service, no crap, can't say enough good about them
Old 06 February 2004, 11:22 AM
H18JGM
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Would definately recommend BHP Developments they've fitted every thing on mine ( & its 120 mile round trip) great service, no crap, can't say enough good about them
Ditto...!

Russel YHM (private message) regarding fuel pumps!

Last edited by H18JGM; 06 February 2004 at 11:26 AM.