Notices

Rugby Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2004, 11:59 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am looking for 4 tickets for the Italy v Scotland game (6 March).

Anyone got contacts ????
Old 04 January 2004, 09:19 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Sure that game will not be that well attended so if you wait nearer the time they will be doing a deal like if you goto so many pr-season friendlys you will be garunteed a tiket for a six nation match wich trust me will be that game your after failing that you could try the SRU wibe site thingy cheers .

Pongo555

P.S. You a rugby fan or do you play as well ?
Old 04 January 2004, 02:48 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers Pongo.

I used to play, too old now. I played for Dundee High FPs, Aberdeenshire, Ellon and Mackie, with a couple of appearances for Montrose - pretty much anyone who would have me

I joined the Scotland supporters club expecting that would get me tickets but it only guarantees tickets for home games and away games if you go with the official tour, which I am not doing.

I have been toild that tickets will be easily available outside the ground but would prefer to have tickets before we go.

Ta Again
CT

Old 05 January 2004, 09:41 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Hi Corpulent,

Yes i suppose you could also get tickets outside the ground thats what i did when i went to see Italy BEAT Scotland for the first time yes i was at that game , I used to play for Livingston but same as your good self too old and slow now you ever played at Livvy or against them maybe we have met on the feild who knows lol cya

Pongo555
Old 05 January 2004, 11:10 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

hi
i am going myself in march(and a few of my mates)and have it on good authority that you get the tickets at the gate.
i went to the scotland /france game in paris this last year and although it was a sell out there were plenty of tickets available in the irish/scottish bars (we even had a spare and had to let it go for less than face value)

our main concern is what area to stay in ,do you have any suggestions?

regards
dave
Old 05 January 2004, 11:30 PM
big eck
Scooby Newbie

I didnt know there were any rugby likers in here, My uncle used to play for scotland, George Graham, does the coaching side of things now.
Old 05 January 2004, 11:36 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Big Eck what u driving m8 in Falkirk nearly every week with 5dr turbo S234*** and m8 from work Reidy got a FAST Seat Cupra u know him and yes rugby nutter here from Livvy and is that Georgr Graham the prop ?

Pongo555
Old 05 January 2004, 11:42 PM
big eck
Scooby Newbie

I'm driving the Grey corsa GSI 2lt 16v, and aye hes a prop, dont know your m8 but probably seen him about, you goin to the wheel on thursday night??
Old 06 January 2004, 01:09 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Sorry Big Eck i am working backshift on Thursday plus would not look cool turning up in the car wiv 16month old daughter in car lol.

Pongo555
Old 06 January 2004, 03:48 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Red face

big eck,

Small world mate, I work beside another one of your relatives, George Goodwillie.

...John
Old 06 January 2004, 09:31 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

D Noble

I am staying at the Hotel Sistina, very close to the top of the Spanish Steps, we got the last two rooms though.

Where to stay depend what you want, but it is worth paying a bit extra for a central location IMO. Last time I was there (not for rugby) we stayed close to the main railway station (Termini) and were able to walk to all the main touristy bits - even the Vatican though it was a bit of a hike.

If there are several Scoobynetters in Rome maybe we could meet - Numptie and Mrs Numptie are travelling with me and Mrs Tosser.

From what I have heard I need not be too concerned over getting tickets, it would not be the end of the world if I had to watch the game in a bar anyway
Old 07 January 2004, 02:20 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

mr CT

i havent been to rome for years(last time i stayed in the youth hostel.....i dont think that applies now!)
is there ONE centre or is it split into areas for nightlife,tourism etc, we will be there from friday lunch till sunday teatime, so we hope to get a look at some touristy things,(like letting tourists pose with us in our kilts!) but obviously want a pint or three in the evening.

ciao
dave

ps might just recognise numpty as i met him on mull two years ago.
Old 08 January 2004, 09:22 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

I don't know Rome well either but as I said we stayed near the main railway station (Termini) and were able to walk everywhere from there. If you look on a map of Rome my preference would be west of Termini and maybe a little south, our hotel is about 1km west of Termini (ish)

As for recognising Numptie, if you see a person of short hair and stature, with a larger more rodund fellah, one might even say corpulent, that could be us ! We will probably have two slightly inebriated women with us.