Notices

Calders

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 05:14 PM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a wee look yesterday....anyone know the story wi the Turbo'd Integra wi NOS ? certainly looks the part. Plenty of Scoobys in , 3or4 2 door jobbies wi diff control etc Type R 's ?? no badgeing on any of them...bit shady.
Main reason for visit was to look at a white sti wagon , never really looked closely at one before mainly regarding rear space...anyone any experience with one ..got two hounds and two bairns ye see.

I know naebody really has a good word for Calders!!!i was just having a wee nosey honest.(I've had a WRX & GT4 from him with no probs unlike the STi I bought from Mckays..jumped up t*sspot)
Old 26 April 2003, 06:59 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

C`mon now eh we`re no starting this thread again r we?
Remember how much mumpin resulted the last time from the companies involved

Old 26 April 2003, 08:32 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ive bought a 300zx and now on a wrx from these guys. Yes both cars have gone wrong some way or other.

Do i trust them? Yeah maybe. There selling technique is not to tell you anything if you dont ask which is fair enough. I wish they had told me to use octane booster and get a knock link but nope - i blew my engine up and learnt the hard way. I think they mean well and are just trying to make a good living.

I think you just have to make your own judgement and do your research on the car your buying. You could get a peach or you could get a dog of a car. Its the luck of the draw!!

I hope you get a peach.

Good luck

Mark
Old 26 April 2003, 11:54 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Lets just say i was at Knockhill when that very Teg took a shortcut across the grass and ended up on a flatbed truck
Was very very quick though.

One carefull owner
Old 27 April 2003, 07:44 PM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

Not trying to restart old topics.....just saying they have a few nice Impreza,s. Anyone have views on my Wagon question?

Col
Old 27 April 2003, 08:02 PM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have a Wagon, it has a twin sub box and a large amp in the boot and still leaves plenty room for shopping bags and other rubbish the girlfriend picks up during a days marathon shopping. So go for a wagon, also the rear seats fold down which is a bonus.
Hope this helps

Big Daz
Old 28 April 2003, 11:44 PM
Silver Wings
Scooby Regular

Well mine's a 5 door STI2 which accomodates the misses, 2 kids and 1 dug. Best hatchback in the market! The kids howl "go faster dad" and the dug hits the floor and thinks "keep the centre of gravity low as dad says..."

And you've got the roof bars for the roof box too...don't know what peeps think when I overtake at 1**+mph up the A9 with the dug peering out the back window....!

Oh, and I still use it as the work machine with the back seats down to pick up things from B&Q, Ikea, Makro, Maccess etc...you get the picture...All with 280+bhp to get me home....loverly

Colin
Old 29 April 2003, 09:02 AM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

100 + on the A9 ...brave man!

Once wiz doing 90/100 in an old Cav SRI with the dug in the passenger footwell, with the windows down, the expression on the muts face, wi its ears an hair goin aw ways ..funny as ****... had to be there!

Thanks for the views regarding Wagons.
Col
Old 29 April 2003, 10:23 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

I went out to Calders to look at a wrx. Asked for a test drive, and the guy took me for a 4 minute spin, wouldn't even let me drive it.

So...no sale there !
Old 29 April 2003, 06:22 PM
Silver Wings
Scooby Regular

Yeah - brave man or just a bit silly maybe.

Never seen one of the infamous unmarked police cars yet (as far as I know!) but have to admit to worrying in case I've passed one after every journey!
Old 29 April 2003, 08:38 PM
scotishscooby
Scooby Regular

I took a WRX RA for a 4 min test drive a few months ago. Very fast but it was really scruffy looking inside and out. Got it back, asked if i could look under the bonnet, he mumped and moaned then sed ok. He went away and left me standing there like a ****!!! Didnt even come back to ask what i thot!!!