Notices

Crail: Season End...24/11

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2002, 05:48 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone heading through for the last Crail Thrash this year?

I hope to be going if i'm not too sore after Saturdays karting event

Paul
Old 21 November 2002, 09:05 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Wink

Paul,

As u`ll know a couple of the Thrashers r planning on being there this Sunday inc. Steve n Me (with BR2) Meet at Riverside snack bar in Dundee @ 10:30AM.

Pete
Old 21 November 2002, 09:13 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Aye, n mind me gloves if the dug ain't got 2 'em 1st
Old 23 November 2002, 06:09 PM
stage 1
Scooby Regular

I'll have my new clutch in finally - might see if I can beat my 12.2 with a clutch that actually holds the gears

Martin
Old 23 November 2002, 06:28 PM
keith cowie
Scooby Regular

Pete see you at crail,will take my new skyline for a run down

Keith
Old 24 November 2002, 09:55 PM
Dave @ AWD
Scooby Newbie

How did everyone go today???

I was there with my newly built Pulsar GTI-r, it started as a burnt out rolling shell & has taken 3 months of graft to get it up & running.Its not road legal, so has the bare minimum of interior & electrics.Other mods are re-located battery (behind pass seat), serious fuel pump,autometer guages,adjustable fuel press. regulator,racing dawes (a must have ),custom cold air intake & blitz filter, and my favourite mod....a Skyline R34 front mount intercooler and custom fabricated pipework by me.The front end required a lot of fidling to get that huge intercooler in, I had to lose the headlamps & fill the holes with headlamp protectors instead.
Today was all about testing, cos I only finished it on saturday , do a few runs & see what broke.
First run was OK, but getting clutch slip on boost, 14 seconds .So adjusted the clutch & went for a second run.Got a good bite off the start, a bit damp so slightly snakey, up through 2nd & 3rd...pulling nicely.changed up into 4th & it dropped onto 3 cylinders...DOH...crept back round to the pits to check it out.Sounds like a rocker or part of the valve train has failed, so that was game over for the day.
Need to get some more testing before the start of 2003 season, and the rest of the mods done (NOS etc.) but looks promising...might even keep up with Andys RA

Dave
Old 24 November 2002, 10:16 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Dave

You were through bright n early this morning!
Saw you rolling up onto the trailer as we were arriving.
Think you were away before Pete got there. Saying that, most folk were away by the time Pete got there as he's driving everywhere at about 15mph just now (much to the joy of all the BMW drivers out there)
From what i've heard, that's gonna be some weapon you'll have for next year! I reckon you should paint it beige and slap a couple of caravanning stickers on the back. No-one will see you coming

Paul
Old 24 November 2002, 10:45 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Dave,

Sorry I missed u this morning m8, like Paul (the bitch) say`s i`m still fannying round with BR2 (300 miles this weekend) trying to get her run in and I`m goin no where in a hurry, had no idea how boring sitting at 60 - 70 could be
All them beemer drivers better watch out when BR is run in
BTW big thanks 2 u and the lads @ AWD for all the help with BR2
Pitty u were gone by the time i got there, was wanna have a wee crack with u bout stuff. Hope u get "big white" sorted out b 4 the start of next season, remember the offer is still there if I can help u with anything jus gimme a shout I`ll try n get up 2 c u sometime this week 2 pick up my "shiney bits"

Got some pix n vids from the strip 2day as well so they`ll be goin up on Scoobymods.co.uk once they`re edited

L8r
Pete