Notices

fao of alan garrod

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2002, 07:16 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi alan , u know what centration is when someone fits callipers and discs and pads, i bought evo 6 brembo callipers and was told by the flying dutchman andre that if u get that centration done u dont warp discs and also he was talking about simms never heard of them mate have u cheers and hows your car getting on

all the best
Old 21 October 2002, 07:47 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Moses, I think the guy means you should make sure that the disk turns true (straight), I would think he meant shims (for spacing) and not simms (like me )

I believe that you get a special tool for checking the trueness of the disk, but you could probably fabricate something from a metal coathanger, all you need is an indicator that when you turn the hub that the disk face does not move out and in (like it was warped) if it does take it off and turn it round a little bit.

Stuart

[Edited by sasim - 10/21/2002 7:50:33 PM]
Old 21 October 2002, 07:51 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cheers sasim coz he is dutch i didnt understand what he was saying simms and etc etc , he is our friend andre the powerslider from the mlr he is dutch u should have seen him at cadwell and the autrodrome he made the day teaching us how to power slide
Old 22 October 2002, 12:51 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Moses

Don't think you need to worry about centralising disc to caliper on the Brembo's assuming you've taken the setup from another model of EVO and intend to fit to your own particular model year.

This is on assumption that the discs are a direct fit on the hub and the calipers mount direct without brackets ...

When you buy the likes of aftermarket braking systems such as AP's, they supply calipers and *mounting brackets* which fit on to the hub. Because the caliper is not bolted direct, it's best to trial fit the assembly to ensure the disc runs central to the caliper, hence AP supply 0.5mm shims to carry out such a task.

On fitting though, best to make sure that the hub face is as clean as you can get without any rust deposits etc since this is what the disc is going to be retained against. If you have deposits on the hub then this can give rise to vibration and / or warping of the disc.

Alan

[Edited by AlanG - 10/22/2002 12:57:02 PM]
Old 22 October 2002, 06:05 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cheers alan when i fit it mate will show u it first i got the ebc grooved and drilled turbo discs to fit the evo 6 callipers, cars in to get the bodywork done tomorrow, it was in kenny browns yesterday and then i got a phone call that extreme sent me the wrong parts i was a lil pi*&ed so markus was cool and said he managed to get the right ones and will post it on friday so see how it goes

cheers