Notices

My visit to Scotland, aka Thanks Dave

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2002, 01:17 AM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
Well I'm back in the good ole US of A, and I had a wonderful time visiting Scotland and part of England (mostly motorway). I finally met up with Dave on Sunday morning and had a great time. He took me for a ride then drive of his STI and I am seriously impressed and jealous. Still no word that I have heard on when we can get our hands on one in the US. My wife and I both feel sorry that we missed a number of you Saturday but we had not spoken with Dave until it was too late to find out about the large gathering that had formed.

I would include all of the sightings but once we hit Birmingham (yours not mine) I started to lose count. A couple of stand outs.

There was a GC8 type WRX, Red on the M6/74 heading south that we followed for a good mile or two. Nice large coffee can muffler and "serious" looking driver. This was on the 13th or the 14th.

A white WRX, GC8 again, was parked at the Indian Palace in Pitlochry for Friday night. This would be the 9th. Never saw a driver.

As for our jaunt into Edinburgh, I really lost count. In England we barely saw one but Scotland had a bunch.

Anyway, I really appreciate the hospitality that Dave showed Vicky and I and it was nice to meet the Wax Wizard. I'm working on getting the wife to buy me the commerative wax tub.

I will have pics and short movies on my website when I get some time. I will post the URL then.

One final note, The folks we met in Scotland were both nice and friendly. I can only hope that you get the same impression coming to Alabama. Thanks again and I'll keep lurking around this forum.

Oh and someone let me know when the two girls from Sohem are found. They aren't really high on the US news outlets list.

Jeff

Old 17 August 2002, 01:25 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Unhappy

The police have issued a statement saying that it is now a murder enquiry, two people (a young couple) have been arrested

There is still no signs of the two girls but they are searching the local college where one of the suspects worked as a caretaker, they have found evidence but are not saying what. The other suspect works as a teachers assistant at the school.

Very bad news indeed

Stuart
Old 17 August 2002, 04:18 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Glad you enjoyed your trip and the wee ride in my Scoob, it was a pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts from across the pond.

It looks like they have dicovered the bodies of those two little girls, its all so very very sad and emotions are running pretty high all over the country just now.

Dave Allan
Old 18 August 2002, 04:40 AM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

My sympathies go out to the families and the country of those two. I don't have children of my own but can imagine a little of what they must be going through.

Jeff