Notices

Need a Job !

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2002, 03:54 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Also posted in the Computer Related forum but no response so far and I may get desperate soon !
I've been a long-time viewer of Scoobynet but have only now registered and have a need to post : I need a job !
The company I work for, an Edinburgh-based Telecoms software house, has gone into liquidation and as of now I'm looking for a new job although there is a small chance that the company will be bought over and at least short term I'll have some work.

I wonder if anyone knows of any jobs going for an applications support analyst or even which agencies they'd recommend ?
A few years ago I also did some motorsport journalism (writing + photography) so I'm a man of many talents !
Old 27 June 2002, 04:07 PM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

try registering with www.jobserve.com and see what comes up there... always loads of IT jobs on the site, and you can narrow the list down by location etc...

Good luck!

Mike
Old 27 June 2002, 06:01 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

I'm working (still, just) for Telesenskscl and we're awaiting the receivers making some sort of statement which may indicate whether or not we turn up for work on Sunday night ( I work shifts) or sit at home.
Not good.
I've been in contact with a load of agencies over the past couple of days but I'll give the suggested ones a try.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 27 June 2002, 11:43 PM
s-man
Scooby Regular

Andy - worked at telesens until christmas myself and now 2 doors up at IF but have a lot of pals back there so I totally sympathise with your plight mate.

I would say try the agencies as people have suggested but also maybe places roundabout like IF etc - you never know. The financial houses seem to be doing pretty at the mo so there's often jobs posted at work.

All the best - hoping you all get good news of some description - even if it's only the wages you are all due.

Good luck

Steve
Old 28 June 2002, 03:35 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Angry

Oh well, I, along with about 200 others, have now been made redundant as of today with the company owing us a month's wages which they'll never pay us and we have to get the DSS / DTI to cough up some money. Not nice when the workforce was split into 2 for separate meetings and those upstairs get told that they keep their job (think it's possibly short term but it's better than nothing) whilst those downstair get told "Goodbye and don't slam the door on the way out"
Sure I'll find something but I'm already 1 months salary down.

Andyr