eBay seller warning: imprezabreaker

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2014, 12:09 AM
Davidol
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down eBay seller warning: imprezabreaker

Hi guys/girls

Didn't want this to be my first post but I thought I'd share my recent experience with the eBay seller imprezabreaker on here to potentially save someone else the extremely poor service and hassle I've had.

I purchased a set of evo x wheels as a buy it now auction via eBay a week ago today from imprezabreaker, they were keenly priced and I paid within minutes of clicking the buy it now button. The following day they refunded me automatically without even getting it touch with me first claiming the price was incorrect. I pointed out to them it was a legally binding contract in the eyes of UK law but they choose to ignore me. I phoned them and spoke to a chap called Duncan who told me they'd been incorrectly priced, I explained I was extremely unhappy with the situation to be told that the boss would have to final say on the matter but he wasn't in (funny how he didn't need to be in work for the automatic refund to happen however)

As you can imagine this went on and on with the boss being in work in a couple of hours later for me to phone back and surprise surprise he decided to have the day off.

Eventually I had an email from the boss via eBay to tell me the price had been a mistake and he was basically choosing to ignore UK consumer law

My advice to you would be if you choose to use this eBay seller via the buy it now option don't bank on receiving the parts as they may choose to decide overnight the parts are now worth more and not sell them to you
Old 07 March 2014, 12:13 AM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound ideal. That said a vendor is entitled to refuse sale if the advertised price is an honest mistake.
Old 07 March 2014, 12:16 AM
Davidol
Scooby Newbie

I don't think they are entitled to refuse, even if they were they should feel compelled to honour what is their mistake at the end of the day. Very poor service and what's to stop them doing it again if overnight they feel the price is £10, £20, £30 out?
Old 07 March 2014, 12:18 AM
beardo47
Scooby Regular

Welcome to ebay.
Old 07 March 2014, 12:25 AM
Davidol
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by beardo47
Welcome to ebay.
Haha yeah cheers

In fairness most of the grief I've ever had with eBay has been through individual sellers, never had a problem with a business seller until now

Old 07 March 2014, 12:26 AM
beardo47
Scooby Regular

Pics of evo wheels on imprezas though please to lighten up the mood. I was looking at evo 8 wheels as they run those on the EP3's, another enkei wheel.
Old 07 March 2014, 05:41 AM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

Having been involved in sales for the past 30 years, you don't have to sell an item if it was a genuine pricing error however, if it were a mis-leading price on the ad then that's a different story.
Old 07 March 2014, 07:13 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Its a bit pointless of an "auction" then ? It can happen the other way round on Ebay too , if u pay too much for something you just dont send payment. Legally binding ? Not really
Old 07 March 2014, 07:23 AM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

I've slipped up myself, as i'm sure lots of sellers have, but the best way forward (if you can't honour the sale) is to actually speak to the customer quickly and appologise for your error. Nothing worse than messing them around around after cancelling a sale, an appology and an explanation costs nothing and can quickly smooth out any upset. The seller could have done this out of courtesy especially when the customer paid straight away
Old 07 March 2014, 07:25 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eBay is an illegal entity, my personal favourite is when they started charging percentage fees on postage costs! How can that be legal?!!

They operate out of Switzerland, so UK law dosen't actually apply to them I was told by a solicitor pal of mine...crazy.

Theres nowt you can do about the seller other than hurt them, but some items, then dont pay and leave lots of negative feedback, sellers cant leave negative feedback anymore so you are safe from the red stamp
Old 07 March 2014, 08:02 AM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

amazing that you are moaning YET you got your money back so you never got the wheels but you never lost out...

just my opinion...
Old 07 March 2014, 08:24 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon-man
amazing that you are moaning YET you got your money back so you never got the wheels but you never lost out...

just my opinion...
I have to agree, you've not lost out other than time.

If they had taken your money and never sent the wheels thats another issue.

Why not ask them what they actually want to sell them for?
Old 07 March 2014, 08:30 AM
kershaw-330s
Scooby Regular

thats hard luck mate ive seen them on e'bay i think i may have seen the exact set of wheels,, did you pay through pay pall??? once they take your money the contract is complete and he has to honour that price,, if the item is advetised for a price he does not have to sel them for the price stated as a contract has not been made but as soon as he excepts payment from you that is an agreement of the said contract and he must honour it
Old 07 March 2014, 09:08 AM
Willowsdad
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon-man

just my opinion...
Wouldn't you moan? The op hasn't lost out, but no reason he can't have a good rant and give others the heads up.
Old 07 March 2014, 09:09 AM
wrc
Scooby Newbie

Its a myth that retailers/sellers have to legally sell at an advertised price if its a mistake.

They dont.

They realised, they are legally allowed to refund/refuse the sale. I imagine they were nicely priced thats why youre pissed, but dont get too butt hurt over it. These things happen.
Old 07 March 2014, 09:12 AM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Willowsdad
Wouldn't you moan? The op hasn't lost out, but no reason he can't have a good rant and give others the heads up.
I would moan if I had paid money and lost out...... it just amazes me that people do nothing but moan about EBAY and still go there and use it but I bet for all of the dodgy deals there are many many more that are perfect but you don't hear about those do you ( funny that ).....as they say you get what you get or in this case don't get....

just my opinion
Old 07 March 2014, 09:38 AM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

jesus christ some people, it was probably an honest error.

If they had a Bugatti veyron up and accidentally made a mistake and listed it for a tenner would you seriously expect them to just say sorry it was a mistake but have it anyway.

People are humans, errors happen and they seemed to deal with it quickly!

I purchased something on Ebay yesterday (last 1 in stock) and i got a message an hour later saying sorry they had made a mistake and had none, they refunded me straight away and it was sorted, I didnt sit there and cause a fuss telling them they HAD to get me the item because they had one showing in stock.
Old 07 March 2014, 09:49 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If its the same impreza breaker at howe pitts road norwich then they are a decent bunch of guys, ive bought from them numerous times and can only say good things about them, they even throw in the occasional freebie
Old 07 March 2014, 04:31 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barnshaw
jesus christ some people, it was probably an honest error.

If they had a Bugatti veyron up and accidentally made a mistake and listed it for a tenner would you seriously expect them to just say sorry it was a mistake but have it anyway.

People are humans, errors happen and they seemed to deal with it quickly!

I purchased something on Ebay yesterday (last 1 in stock) and i got a message an hour later saying sorry they had made a mistake and had none, they refunded me straight away and it was sorted, I didnt sit there and cause a fuss telling them they HAD to get me the item because they had one showing in stock.
Erm , its an auction site ? if they put a Bugatti on for a tenner and no one bids more , it should sell for a tenner. If the seller doesn't want to loose out on a crap auction that's what reserve prices are for. If they don't put a reserve (IMO) they are taking the risk. I have sold a few things that I haven't got what I hoped for , but thats the risk I took. I still sold the things as I'm not a dick. Maybe I should just say I "made a mistake" and keep the item.

As for the wheels in question , it would be interesting to see if they get relisted at a higher price if it was a "mistake".
Old 07 March 2014, 04:42 PM
ian.e
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
If its the same impreza breaker at howe pitts road norwich then they are a decent bunch of guys, ive bought from them numerous times and can only say good things about them, they even throw in the occasional freebie
Yep, had a few bits off these. Not that cheap, but always in good nick and posted fast.
Old 07 March 2014, 05:19 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Erm , its an auction site ? if they put a Bugatti on for a tenner and no one bids more , it should sell for a tenner. If the seller doesn't want to loose out on a crap auction that's what reserve prices are for. If they don't put a reserve (IMO) they are taking the risk. I have sold a few things that I haven't got what I hoped for , but thats the risk I took. I still sold the things as I'm not a dick. Maybe I should just say I "made a mistake" and keep the item.

As for the wheels in question , it would be interesting to see if they get relisted at a higher price if it was a "mistake".
IF it was a genuine mistake then what happened to decent human understanding and doing the right thing? god forbid if I made the mistake I would hope other people might understand, bet you people are the sort of people who would keep an old ladies purse if you saw her drop it, people make mistakes, get over it and stop being so pedantic.

Either way the buyer is not out of pocket and in my opininion making a mountain out of a molehill,
Old 07 March 2014, 05:30 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

And an argument breaks out Love this place
Old 07 March 2014, 06:19 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

It would only be a mistake if the "buy it now" price was wrong , not the final bid price. You may aswell say "oh you hit the jackpot on the lottery ? Oh , we thought the jackpot was too much , here's your pound back"
Old 07 March 2014, 06:27 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

I understand that, maybe the error was not putting the buy it now on, I am speaking of course in jest of it being an honest mistake, sounds like an honest seller so maybe likely to be the case?
Old 07 March 2014, 06:32 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed

It was Buy-it-Now, not an auction.

Old 07 March 2014, 06:39 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

exactly, lets be honest if any of us made the mistake potentially losing hundreds of pounds i have no doubt you would do the same, and take a negative feedback for it if you had to! I would!
Old 09 March 2014, 11:12 PM
Davidol
Scooby Newbie

They messaged me the following Day and said they intended to sell the wheels for £449 but they could do me a deal and let me have them for £400 after paying far less for them!

The whole point of buy it now though is that's what you deem acceptable to sell them for. I find it hard to think they made a mistake as it would of been blatantly obvious the listing fees would of been a lot less which would of set alarm bells ringing personally
Old 09 March 2014, 11:29 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fonzey
It was Buy-it-Now, not an auction.

Doh ! All I seen was "auction" . . . .

Still , kept us entertained for a few mins
Old 10 March 2014, 03:06 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I think all you can do is report them to Ebay (may not help, but would make you feel better.....!)
Old 28 March 2014, 12:21 PM
alb27
Scooby Regular

I was talking to Duncan when I was there the other day and he mentioned this, sounded like a genuine mistake which he was kicking himself for. Hope you managed to sort out a deal with him in the end OP. Appreciate your disappointment but I guess these things can happen every now and then if you're listing a lot on eBay.

I've bought quite a bit off them, and their service centre do all the work on my car, not got a bad word to say about them.

Quick Reply: eBay seller warning: imprezabreaker