Sponsored by:

gauge wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2014, 09:37 PM
boaboy56
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge wiring help

hi all, just got some gauges for my 01 bugeye, does anyone have a link on how to plumb in the boost gauge as ive never done it before i understand its got to T into the vacuum hose just wanted to make sure i do it right, also looking at the oil pressure/ temp cables on scoobyworld, how do they work as thought i needed a sandwich plate, or do i still?? Cheers for any help
Old 04 March 2014, 09:53 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, for the boost guage cut the small hose that goes to the dump valve/re circ valve, get the plastic t piece and plumb that in where you cut your hose and connect back up to dump valve and then get your hose that come with your gauge and thread it through th rubber grommet leading into the cabin and it should come out under the glove box, then al I done is threaded it up (took clock of) and the hose comes up where clock should go, I've got mine sat on top of the clock and wired into the clock wiring as the clock didn't work anyway lol, I haven't got any pictures or a guide but it is very easy to do. I'll get some pics tomorrow for you of no one else has a guide. Sorry for the sh*t explanation, I'm sure you'll be able to work it out with pics though lol
Old 04 March 2014, 10:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by boaboy56
hi all, just got some gauges for my 01 bugeye, does anyone have a link on how to plumb in the boost gauge as ive never done it before i understand its got to T into the vacuum hose just wanted to make sure i do it right, also looking at the oil pressure/ temp cables on scoobyworld, how do they work as thought i needed a sandwich plate, or do i still?? Cheers for any help
The vac hose into the DV is the best place then you can feed the tube through the grommet in the bulkhead.

If you are fitting a coolant temp the best place is using an adaptor plug and sensor into the blanking plug of cylinder three.

The guide is for a Classic but the procedures are the same.

https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-1...and-boost.html

Old 04 March 2014, 10:01 PM
beardo47
Scooby Regular

What about oil temp/pressure ?
Old 04 March 2014, 10:03 PM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

Youll need a sandwich plate unless your putting sensor straight into block
Old 04 March 2014, 10:04 PM
boaboy56
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan wrx
Hi mate, for the boost guage cut the small hose that goes to the dump valve/re circ valve, get the plastic t piece and plumb that in where you cut your hose and connect back up to dump valve and then get your hose that come with your gauge and thread it through th rubber grommet leading into the cabin and it should come out under the glove box, then al I done is threaded it up (took clock of) and the hose comes up where clock should go, I've got mine sat on top of the clock and wired into the clock wiring as the clock didn't work anyway lol, I haven't got any pictures or a guide but it is very easy to do. I'll get some pics tomorrow for you of no one else has a guide. Sorry for the sh*t explanation, I'm sure you'll be able to work it out with pics though lol

cheers pal seems fairly self explanatory ill give it a whirl
Old 04 March 2014, 10:07 PM
boaboy56
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve's Sti
Youll need a sandwich plate unless your putting sensor straight into block
so if i get the duel sensor pipe from scoobyworld that will work both my oil temp and pressure gauges?

cheers to everyone for the advise
Old 05 March 2014, 12:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

No, no, no.

PLEASE, why didn't you do a search? I've recently written a long post about jjust this. gauge wiring crops up about every two weeks.

Here: https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-a...e-fitting.html Post #2

Boost is as above.

DO NOT use a sandwich plate unless you don't care about accurate results. Subaru put the sender positions where they are for a good reason...that's where they work best!

Yes, you MAY need an extension adaptor for the oil pressure gauge, most senders won't fit PHYSICALLY in the space the oil pressure switch is in. The extension adaptor allows it to fit, plus you can use the OE o/p switch too....mine is on the shelf in the garage, it's redundant with a decent gauge
Old 05 March 2014, 01:05 PM
boaboy56
Scooby Regular

Nice one thanks pal ill do it that way cheers