Sponsored by:

Mixing Business with Pleasure???

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 04:14 PM
Hong Kong Fuey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Is 'FLAT FOUR' a club or a business???? Not right if mixing the 2 me thinks!!!!

HKF.
Old 27 May 2002, 07:09 PM
miggs
Scooby Regular

Flat four are a club as we have had meets with them ourselves
Old 28 May 2002, 12:16 PM
Hong Kong Fuey
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Are you sure Miggs??? If you look in the wanted section they are asking for parts to buy! Why do individuals try and make money on the back of genuine enthusiasts and their clubs that they are more than willing to support?
Don't care how they try and justify it, "members waiting for bits" my ****! A perfectly very good way to tarnish/ruin yet another Subaru drivers club IMHO.

HKF
Old 29 May 2002, 06:45 PM
Musthav a Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I joined Flat Four last year. I originally went there for advice in purchasing a STI. The Organiser helped tremodously with advice and put me in contact and veiwed cars with me so i purchased the correct one. Its only recently that i have had access to the Internet and up untill then i had nowhere to go in upgrades, i also really had no clue either on where to go and what to purchase. Darren helped source these parts for me and passed on all details of the said owners. There was NO INTENTION ON FLAT FOURS PART TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY SIDE. I know i am just 1 of many who use Flat Four for advice, and in my experaince they have helped to my satisfaction. There is also NO FEE to join, so how can it be a business?
Old 29 May 2002, 07:00 PM
dalloyd
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for the phone call Miggs! As we know, there are some complete idots around, which is a shame
I am sure HKF has no idea what so ever in a running of a business. If he thinks what we do as Flat Four is a business we would be bankrupt by now!!!
HKF...To satisfiy your mind, why dont you join us at our meet and find out for yourself? (Im sure you wont) I can, if you want, put you in contact with members who have come to me who have had trouble in Buying Scoobs and Wanting parts, they can answer your child like questions. Not everone has access to Scoobynet and they ask members who are (whether they run a club or not) to find if there are any performance parts around, so the first place i and many other people look is Scoobynet. Then we e-mail those who have the parts for sale and pass on their details to the ones who wish to purchase. Where is the Business ideas in that then? Like on the wanted page, i do strongly suggest you find out more BEFORE placing threads
Old 29 May 2002, 07:50 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Just read this post and thought I'd better post to let you know that I'm not the same person who started this, even though we have similar usernames. I'm a different Hong Kong Phooey newbie and I don't want people thinking I've a problem with your club. Good luck, I think every region needs a club like yours. Hope I don't get mistaken for HKF when I'm seeking advice/buying/selling in the future.
Old 29 May 2002, 08:00 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mixing business & pleasure aint that prostitution?
Si

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2002, 11:36 AM
dalloyd
Scooby Regular

Talking

You may be Right scooby_Si!
And thanks to the REAL Hong Kong Phooey It is a shame that when you do help members and non members you get this type of thread. Perhaps HKF should start his own club
Old 30 May 2002, 12:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

WTF!!!!

I'm not technically a FlatFour member, mainly as i've not mangaged to get my *** up to Essex for a meet, but I will, one day!

i think you are reading too much into things here HKF. I read the wanted advert and came to the conclusion that Darren was trying to source parts for a club member, who probably does not have internet access. Darren, if I am wrong, put me right here.

As said, get along to a FF meet and see what it's all about.
Old 30 May 2002, 11:04 PM
dalloyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Markus. Yes your right! You would be suprised how many do not have a PC. (Just a quick hint. Meet Thursday 20th!! )