Sponsored by:

What parts do I need

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2014, 01:09 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What parts do I need

Hi, I've purchased a used sti decat up pipe and also a sti back box. These come with no gaskets, bolts, mounts or bungs so I was wondering, what parts will I need to fit these and where can I get the parts from.
I was also looking at getting a decat down pipe from eBay but I'm not to sure on the quality of the eBay ones.
Also, I'm after a re-circ dump valve to replace the forge motorsport dump valve. Where abots is the best place to get one and will I need a gasket for that.
Hope someone can help.

Ben
Old 06 January 2014, 01:22 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben Stearn
Hi, I've purchased a used sti decat up pipe and also a sti back box. These come with no gaskets, bolts, mounts or bungs so I was wondering, what parts will I need to fit these and where can I get the parts from.
I was also looking at getting a decat down pipe from eBay but I'm not to sure on the quality of the eBay ones.
Also, I'm after a re-circ dump valve to replace the forge motorsport dump valve. Where abots is the best place to get one and will I need a gasket for that.
Hope someone can help.

Ben
Will you be doing the work yourself? Uppipe is a bit of a pig (turbo has to come off and oil pipe on bottoms a bitch) all your bolts,rubbers,gaskets will be the same as whats on car. I got some gaskets and bolts from roger clarke motorsport when I needed some. Im sure they will help you with the other bits too
Old 06 January 2014, 01:45 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2
Will you be doing the work yourself? Uppipe is a bit of a pig (turbo has to come off and oil pipe on bottoms a bitch) all your bolts,rubbers,gaskets will be the same as whats on car. I got some gaskets and bolts from roger clarke motorsport when I needed some. Im sure they will help you with the other bits too
I won't be doing the work but I wanted to make sure I had everything ready for them to get the work done so I'm only without the cat for one day instead of them having to wait for parts to turn up. I thought I would need new gaskets when the old parts come off.
Do Roger Clarke motorsport send stiff and are the prices any good? Would they be able to provide a re-circ valve to replaced my dump valve? Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 06 January 2014, 02:31 AM
tayscooby
Scooby Regular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Tur...item4aa9d3c4d7

Turbo wont need to be removed to do up pipe btw.
Old 06 January 2014, 04:55 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tayscooby

I could never get the uppipe out from the bottom when I've done them,even with removing header pipe,so had to remove turbo and remove from the top
Old 06 January 2014, 05:03 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben Stearn

I won't be doing the work but I wanted to make sure I had everything ready for them to get the work done so I'm only without the cat for one day instead of them having to wait for parts to turn up. I thought I would need new gaskets when the old parts come off.
Do Roger Clarke motorsport send stiff and are the prices any good? Would they be able to provide a re-circ valve to replaced my dump valve? Thanks for the quick reply.
It is a good idea to replace gaskets but if old ones aren't too bad you could re use them,maybe use a bit of gunk too. But if you want to order more then they will be same type as you have. I did pay a fair bit for mine,no doubt you can find them alot cheaper but they'll know what you want and should be able to help with dump valve. To be honest most motor factor shops should have whats needed (except dump valve) and probably will have the same day
Old 06 January 2014, 05:33 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tayscooby

I just watched youtube video,your right you can remove from bottom but you do need to jack engine slightly to remove standard uppipe.after market ones fit easier because they dont have heat shields. But if your changing downpipe anyway then you may aswell just remove turbo and remove uppipe from top in my opinion.dont need to change header gaskets then
Old 06 January 2014, 06:12 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

If you can get the egt probe out the up pipe, you can get it out by removing part of the header.. I done this very job yesterday while the gearbox is out thinking it would be easier.

It was still a **** and i didnt remove the probe. As said had to lift the engine slightly but i done it by hand lol..

I managed to resuse the gaskets as they look fine, but i need a new downpipe gasket as that is split.

http://importcarparts.co.uk
Old 06 January 2014, 06:15 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, and a big can of wd40!
Old 06 January 2014, 06:26 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fudgey
Oh yeah, and a big can of wd40!
:like:
Old 06 January 2014, 06:30 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

If you can get the egt probe out the up pipe, you can get it out by removing part of the header.. I done this very job yesterday while the gearbox is out thinking it would be easier.

It

I managed to resuse the gaskets as they look fine, but i need a new downpipe gasket as that is split.

http://importcarparts.co.uk
It was still a **** and i didnt remove the probe. As said had to lift the engine slightly but i done it by hand lol..
you is strong lol,even with gearbox off,its still weighty. Undoing nut on engine mount may help if your gonna lift engine
Old 06 January 2014, 06:30 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

I got 4 out of 5 nuts off the turbo/brackets and one was partially rounded already, cos as soon as i went to undo it it rounded off! Had to smash a 13mm socket on it and luckily it came off first go!
Old 06 January 2014, 06:32 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

When i say lift, i kind mean rocking it back and forth with one hand while wiggling the down pipe lol

It was raining and i couldnt be arsed to get the jack out the garage lol
Old 06 January 2014, 06:35 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

I got 4 out of 5 nuts off the turbo/brackets and one was partially rounded already, cos as soon as i went to undo it it rounded off! Had to smash a 13mm socket on it and luckily it came off first go!
Yea forgot about nuts rounding,snapping etc. Maybe is a good idea to get some spare nuts & studs for turbo atleast.
Old 06 January 2014, 06:36 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

When i say lift, i kind mean rocking it back and forth with one hand while wiggling the down pipe lol

It was raining and i couldnt be arsed to get the jack out the garage lol
Lol I know them ones.
Old 06 January 2014, 06:51 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

Oh also you will need a 2.2k ohm resistor fitted to the plug for the redundant egt sensor.