ECUtek

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2014, 12:41 PM
Ozne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECUtek

Hi guys,

Quick question, what's the top power I can run safety on my car while running a ECUtek ECU. I know the limit is 1.5BAR.

Currently on 370bhp Approx but looking at 400+.

Thanks.
Old 02 January 2014, 01:39 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

EcuTek safe limit doesn't exist,but I would say up to 500bhp,its all depends on mapper how is confident and how car will respond

OE ECU have limits mainly on the boost level and MAF,but when you will go down the route of the CarBerry ROM then this will be no limitation

On EcuTek yes you can run more boost and MAF limits, you can go down the route bigger MAF tube or relocated yours MAF to the intercooler pipework,its really depends and I would speak with mapper first

Jura
Old 02 January 2014, 03:20 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You *can* go a lot higher than 500bhp on EcuTEK. ECU variant dependant and of course, supporting mods dependant.

A proficient EcuTEK mapper can rescale MAF and MAP (I'm sure this is possible on the newage UK ECU's, as well as the JDM ones) to allow the car to deal with greater volumes of air (bigger turbo for instance) and higher boost levels, whilst still retaining safety features of the OEM ECU (Newage ECU's for instance). Again, all of this is ECU dependant (afaik), so as Jura suggests.... speak to a proficient EcuTEK mapper to get the lowdown.

The OEM ECU can be a very potent ECU, if correctly utilised.

I'm assuming your car is a newage, so you're in a good place ECU wise.
Old 02 January 2014, 03:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

still have a boost limit shaun, 1.55 is max it can see iirc so given spikes you dont wanna push more than 1.5 or 1.45.
Old 02 January 2014, 03:45 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Tidgy
still have a boost limit shaun, 1.55 is max it can see iirc so given spikes you dont wanna push more than 1.5 or 1.45.
You can rescale what the ECU see's. The limit you refer to is based on the MAP sensor & corresponding scale, which (dependant on ECU) can be changed.

For instance.... my MAP sensor will read over 1.8bar and the ECU see's this (as standard). However what my ECU see's has been rescaled, so whilst it still has the same limit (1.8 something), it's actually making .2bar of boost more than what the ECU thinks it's seeing. All boost is then re-profiled to suit, with safety boost cut features still in place etc.

The reason for the rescale on mine is because I run just over 1.8bar. It was done to give me headroom for safety reasons at this level of boost (maintain ECU control properly).
Old 02 January 2014, 04:18 PM
Ozne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shaun!
Old 02 January 2014, 04:40 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ozne,
I'm not sure what is available across all of the Newage ECU's (functionality wise with MAP sensor rescaling). I run a JDM ECU, so what may be OK for mine, may not be OK with yours (assuming yours is UK).

Have a chat with your mapper.