Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

EcuTeK+MRT!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2002, 12:02 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MRT launch new team partner at Subaru International Rally of Canberra EcuTeK, re tune your factory ECU!

Hot on their success at the recent Harbour City Rally last month, MRT has chosen their comming event (also Asia Pacific International )to launch a new team partner.

EcuTeK tuning software for Factory ECU's will be the bold new signage seen on the teams Subaru Impreza STi.

"This is a revolution in ECU programming and will provide a great opportunity for car owners and tuners to choose another method that in the past has only been possible at the car factory!" Brett said.

The Subaru Rally Of Canberra will see over 46 local and International teams compete over 3 days, in and around the capital city of Australia.

The EcuTeK software is available as two distinct products:

Delta Dash, provides the ability to plug into the factory fitted diagnostic plug and change idle and ignition settings, as well as data log all factory parameters. Additionally it can perform full ECU resets without the need to disconnect the battery.
Clients are supplied a simple plug and software that allows them to "interrogate' the factory ECU.
It is more than a OBDII reader and is much faster.
It will be a great tool for workshops.
"Sometimes the factory ECU can 'learn' bad settings that causes poor performance, an 'ECU reset' will fix this" Brett said.

Delta ECU, is a retune of the factory ECU settings with no hardware change!
By changing the factory tune, EcuTeK or its Resellers can change and update the factory ECU to suit the clients needs.
Currently three pre set re tunes are available,
Tek1 is a "mild" update, that can be used on totally standard cars or slightly modified ones.
Tek 2 is for modified cars where changes have been made to take advantage of new enhancements updated to the car like, exhaust, airfiter and boost
Tek 3 is a custom re tune.

All EcuTeK updates are software related and require no physical changes, additionally all factory dealer diagnostic tools work perfectly with the updated cars.

Currently EcuTeK software is only available for Subaru models, however other brands will be added shortly, such as Mitsubishi, etc.

for more details refer to:
www.EcuTeK.com.au
and
www.MRTrally.com.au

just received the email, thought I would share it - but is this a good thing?
Old 03 May 2002, 07:04 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Uk have them too..
http://www.ecutek.co.uk/
Old 03 May 2002, 07:56 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Definately a good thing!!!!

Jake
Old 03 May 2002, 08:27 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know ecutek is available in the uk, not my thing really, much prefer a MoTeC, but anyway.... when I have delt with MRT in the past, nothing but trouble, that is why I am wondering is it really a good thing to have a name like mrt associated with a product?
Old 03 May 2002, 08:50 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Red face

Oh right I getcha now
Old 03 May 2002, 08:56 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Wink

So, Steve's world dommination plan is up and running nicely....

Matt