Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attn Puff The Magic Wagon - any news Navtraks??

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2002, 11:49 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Puff,

In case my emails have not been getting through - any news on the discounted Navtrak offer you promised mid-April?
If you're unable to provide them any more, please could you let me know so that i can make alternative arrangements?

cheers,
Terry
Old 24 May 2002, 12:13 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Arrow

Well, no news but it is happening! My problem is that my supplier hasn't fixed his volumes/prices yet ( [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) so we're not committing until we're told (obviously). Also looking at alternate suppliers, but we'll go with the one that is best vfm. We have committed to replacing the Navtraks with the new system as soon as pricing is sorted. We have enough units out there to show that it works well ( ) but there is no point signing ourselves up to shift x thousand if they won't discount the unit price for bulk purchase or tell us what the discount is!

However, they are currently in the country & I'm due to see them on Tuesday when I'm led to believe they'll tell me the prices!

As sooon as I know a timescale, I'll let everyone who has emailed me previously know, so thanks for bearing with me

(Will this thread be as long as the Cusco Group Buy one ??? )

Old 24 May 2002, 12:31 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Is there any particular reason you are moving away from navtrack puff?

Old 24 May 2002, 12:54 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Yup

I have sourced a GPRS/GPS based tracking device that allows signals to be sent back automatically & for low cost. Therefore, I have a Proactive tracking device, as opposed to a Reactive one.

Benefits for Excel (the company that I work for) is that we can see in RealTime the locations of all our vehicles, updated every minute (or whatever timespan programmed). This allows us to make informed decisions as to where to send them, leading to increased efficiency of use of assets and increased customer satisfaction. It has been approved (for us anyway) by our insurers. Future uses of the same product, will allow two-way data with a PDA type device, at little extra cost.

Because the potential applications and uses and clients are immense, we've set up a company to provide a service providing this proactive tracking and creating solutions for customers No website up yet but email james@traku.com All the work involved has so far been done by Kryten, Fosters & myself, so it is a scoobynet venture Gratefully assisted with ideas, comments & suggestions form other bbs'ers

This dosen't affect our (Excel) faith in the Navtrak product. As a purely commercial exercise, we are passing on these units at naff all cost, as we have contracts that would otherwise cost us to terminate and as many were free box models from last year, someone else might as well benefit from a low-cost tracking device.

During the time we've had Navtraks installed, we have had 3 vehicles stolen and have had them all recovered within a short space of time. One arrest

Thats why Pete!

Old 24 May 2002, 02:33 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Puff - got a mail from you i think the other day, was it about PDAs ?? You after some PocketLOOX info ??? If so i will chase people here and even see if i can get you another fleece !!

YGM aswell

Dave

[Edited by druddle - 5/24/2002 2:46:05 PM]
Old 24 May 2002, 03:52 PM
GraemeC
Scooby Regular

Puff,

I've been emailing you about Tackers for the past couple of weeks - are the mails not getting trough toyour puff@sidc.co.uk address?

Please email me to discuss!!