Sponsored by:

Marketing Project

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2013, 04:49 PM
sthomas92
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marketing Project

Hi guys doing a marketing project for college at the moment. have a question for you...what thrill do you get out of driving a suburu impreza as opposed to other cars? any input would be appreciated. cheers
Old 25 November 2013, 05:37 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

I love the fact that we all wave and watch out for each other on the roads ,,, came back from a show one day and had problems on the motorway that led me to be on the hard shoulder ,,,within two mins of me being pulled up two other scoobs pulled in asking if I Needed any help , didn't know them , they just wanted to help another scooby owner ,,,good stuff and one of many reasons I'm sticking with subarus
Old 25 November 2013, 05:47 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It feels like a tank, it drives way beyond my talent, it rarely breaks down, and everytime I walk away from it in a parking lot, it makes me smile

Negative sides - I can never own a car with less than 300bhp, 4wd and a huge spoiler.
Old 25 November 2013, 05:52 PM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sthomas92
Hi guys doing a marketing project for college at the moment. have a question for you...what thrill do you get out of driving a suburu impreza as opposed to other cars? any input would be appreciated. cheers
Hmm, difficult to pin down but for me the engine is the special bit.

The noise especially so, instantly recognisable inside or out of the car.

They're easy to drive and forgiving when you get it wrong. Their dynamics make for a fun drive too with a great combination of power, grip and braking. Needless to say that for not too much money they are as quick as all hell when tuned nicely.

The other bit is the sadly all too distant rally heritage, a lot of us will have seen and heard the full blown Subaru WRC cars with people like Richard Burns, Petter Solberg, Carlos Sainz and of course Colin McRae (and for the younger ones amongst us Ken Block) and to own a little part of that is part of the attraction. There's a definite grin looking out onto the drive and seeing something you think is a bit special sitting outside and knowing it's all yours...
Old 25 November 2013, 05:54 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andylinney
Hmm, difficult to pin down but for me the engine is the special bit.

The noise especially so, instantly recognisable inside or out of the car.

They're easy to drive and forgiving when you get it wrong. Their dynamics make for a fun drive too with a great combination of power, grip and braking. Needless to say that for not too much money they are as quick as all hell when tuned nicely.

The other bit is the sadly all too distant rally heritage, a lot of us will have seen and heard the full blown Subaru WRC cars with people like Richard Burns, Petter Solberg, Carlos Sainz and of course Colin McRae (and for the younger ones amongst us Ken Block) and to own a little part of that is part of the attraction. There's a definite grin looking out onto the drive and seeing something you think is a bit special sitting outside and knowing it's all yours...
Its something I totally missed the whole rally thing, although I believe its probably the most technical and talented driving ever. I actually got into Jap motors after living in Hong Kong and the whole Asian street race scene. Wanted an Evo or an Impreza forever...and although I was a dubber before, the Mk2 Golf, even with 300bhp was never going to be an Impreza.