Shocking jdm hawk

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2013, 02:21 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocking jdm hawk

original post removed.

Last edited by adam405sti; 29 September 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 28 September 2013, 06:42 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are telling porkie pies then you've every right to put up a link and voice your opinion in order that less well equipped scoobynet members don't get ripped off. Sounds like a bit of a horror story TBH. Whilst I'm not in the marker for a new scoob, but, if I were I'd like to know which garage to avoid.
Old 28 September 2013, 07:49 AM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Why post then not tell us where it is...seems strange
Old 28 September 2013, 07:58 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Dont they have a duty of law to inform customers of accident damage?
Old 28 September 2013, 09:16 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Dont they have a duty of law to inform customers of accident damage?
I think only Japan has such laws. The auction system is really quite strict. Not sure about regular used car dealers.

I'm from Singapore, we don't have such laws either.
Old 28 September 2013, 11:16 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by grey_boy
Why post then not tell us where it is...seems strange
It wasn't this one was it : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-car...dp=par-car-msn ?

Ok, ok.
I'm in the know, and I think the general feeling is that what you see (advertised) is what you get with that particular trader, and of course I know that the op's familiar with the business and will no doubt agree with what I've said. .

GB's post has pointed out that not only could you be causing problems for other traders but you could also be causing problems for yourself now.
Old 28 September 2013, 12:11 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
It wasn't this one was it : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-car...dp=par-car-msn ?

Ok, ok.
I'm in the know, and I think the general feeling is that what you see (advertised) is what you get with that particular trader, and of course I know that the op's familiar with the business and will no doubt agree with what I've said. .

GB's post has pointed out that not only could you be causing problems for other traders but you could also be causing problems for yourself now.
Got to agree with the man the man from the valley...needs to be clear, if posted at all
Old 28 September 2013, 01:24 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

I didn't feel it's fair to slag someone off if i myself am in the same line of trade. The trader may just be new to the motor trade, i do not know hence why i did not post a link but hey ho, if you feel it can potentially save someone buying an absolute lemon then that's a different story altogether.

Originally Posted by Osimabu
Was it in Staffordshire by any chance?
Not sure where the business is based, not looked but the original owner was south of the country.

Ok, ok.

Don't think so pal. I myself took this spec c in and it's straight as an arrow. So definitely not this one.

So do you say i post a link or not. So your implying i should not post a link? Due to it causing problems for other dealers and myself according to you?

Last edited by adam405sti; 28 September 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 28 September 2013, 02:21 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I bought my hawk of these guys, they have only been open about 6 months now, To be fair I went to view a UK wr blue hawk STi that they had for sale, but it had a very bad paint job down the one side, the rear door, bumpers and bonnet had been painted, the paint was that bad there was no shine to it and looked like it was done with a rattle can!!!

Anyway I told them my concerns and they did offer to have the car fully painted for me, at the same price it was advertised, But im a picky bugger and I dont know if I could be happy knowing that it has had some sort of damage previously to the side of the car, To be fair they where understanding and never forced me into a sale or come out with excuses, But as I was leaving I noticed at the back a 06 plate black hawkeye STi being blocked in by loads of cars.

Anyway the black hawk looked perfect with no paint issues, and was perfect on the test drive, So I bought it, and 5 months later, Im still happy with it.
The lads who work there where spot on, and where actually a nice bunch of lads who where into there Evo's(had a few big powered evo's in there) and im pretty sure they post on the MLR.

Shame about that JDM Hawk with those miles and price, But I guess sometimes with low mileage cars, is that sometimes they sit around for years waiting to get fixed and obviously dont get used so dont put any mileage on!!
Old 28 September 2013, 02:39 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
I bought my hawk of these guys, they have only been open about 6 months now, To be fair I went to view a UK wr blue hawk STi that they had for sale, but it had a very bad paint job down the one side, the rear door, bumpers and bonnet had been painted, the paint was that bad there was no shine to it and looked like it was done with a rattle can!!!

Anyway I told them my concerns and they did offer to have the car fully painted for me, at the same price it was advertised, But im a picky bugger and I dont know if I could be happy knowing that it has had some sort of damage previously to the side of the car, To be fair they where understanding and never forced me into a sale or come out with excuses, But as I was leaving I noticed at the back a 06 plate black hawkeye STi being blocked in by loads of cars.

Anyway the black hawk looked perfect with no paint issues, and was perfect on the test drive, So I bought it, and 5 months later, Im still happy with it.
The lads who work there where spot on, and where actually a nice bunch of lads who where into there Evo's(had a few big powered evo's in there) and im pretty sure they post on the MLR.

Shame about that JDM Hawk with those miles and price, But I guess sometimes with low mileage cars, is that sometimes they sit around for years waiting to get fixed and obviously dont get used so dont put any mileage on!!
Fair enough. That's one of my points. I'm sure they are an honest bunch who are interested in doing straight forward business as opposed to having people off and it sounds like you have had a good experience which is positive news. This is one of the reasons i felt it was unfair to start posting links. If someone is in the market for a hawkeye they can make their own judgement as and when i suppose.
Old 28 September 2013, 02:53 PM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

Why bother even starting the thread if you don't want to pass judgement?, surely by starting the thread you have just done exactly that?

Anyway I think you should post a link as a warning to any potential buyers otherwise this thread is pointless imo.
Old 28 September 2013, 03:30 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by goatblower
Why bother even starting the thread if you don't want to pass judgement?, surely by starting the thread you have just done exactly that?

Anyway I think you should post a link as a warning to any potential buyers otherwise this thread is pointless imo.
+1
Old 28 September 2013, 05:04 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam405sti
Fair enough. That's one of my points. I'm sure they are an honest bunch who are interested in doing straight forward business as opposed to having people off and it sounds like you have had a good experience which is positive news. This is one of the reasons i felt it was unfair to start posting links. If someone is in the market for a hawkeye they can make their own judgement as and when i suppose.
Fair comment mate!!!

But sometimes I guess it probably is a good idea to post links, as I would hate a Scoobynet member/enthusiast to get ripped off, but its a bit harder for you as you buy/sell cars for a living and know how it feels from both sides I guess.

But if your viewing a car with bad paintwork, then it should be a easy spot, If it was a broken gearbox or engine bodged up(like that white hawk thread on here) then best to let people know!!!
Old 28 September 2013, 05:21 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Oi gandu! Post a link, I want to see this shed.
It is snet after all and we love a larf at others expense
Old 28 September 2013, 05:29 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Oi gandu! Post a link, I want to see this shed.
It is snet after all and we love a larf at others expense
Behave yourself.
Old 29 September 2013, 12:29 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I didn't feel it's fair to slag someone off if i myself am in the same line of trade. The trader may just be new to the motor trade, i do not know hence why i did not post a link but hey ho, if you feel it can potentially save someone buying an absolute lemon then that's a different story altogether.

Not sure where the business is based, not looked but the original owner was south of the country.

Don't think so pal. I myself took this spec c in and it's straight as an arrow. So definitely not this one.

So do you say i post a link or not. So your implying i should not post a link? Due to it causing problems for other dealers and myself according to you?
I know, as I suspect so do most of us on here that know you and your (good) reputation.

My point - which you seem to have missed - is that by posting a warning about 'a' JDM Hawk without enabling anyone to see WHERE it's advertised means that ANY JDM Hawk advertised could potentially be the one, and that includes the advert I linked to.

It's a double-edged sword.
SB1 has supported the advertiser (I still don't know who it is) and in fairness you've agreed.

I'll re-emphasise the point I'm making, that by not detailing the ad. you've brought every ad for a JDM Hawk into question, and that's not really fair on the all-but-one (apparently) that are straight.

I wouldn't be happy if I was selling my JDM Hawk against the backdrop you've created. How many times would I have to answer the question 'are you the one Adam405sti warned about on Scoobynet?'

Instead hopefully a potential buyer would pop the question "I'm looking at buying this - what does everyone think?"

Let's either leave this one lie, or open it up properly for scrutiny.
The halfway house is helping no-one imo.
Old 29 September 2013, 06:56 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Just post the link. Job done. People can make up their own mind.

Last edited by Gear Head; 29 September 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 29 September 2013, 08:00 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Just post the link. Job done. People can make up there own mind.
This ^^^^^

Saying in 13 words what someone else feels the need to say with over 200!
Old 29 September 2013, 08:10 AM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Ditto
Old 29 September 2013, 08:27 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Is the seller asking top dollar for it? Would a big difference to whether it is viewed as 'shocking'. However, the fact that he offered to re-paint it either means that he knows that he has got a pup or that it is massively over-priced.

Either way, this thread is completely and utterly pointless without a link to the ad.
Old 29 September 2013, 08:32 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
This ^^^^^

You counted as, well didn't you.
Old 29 September 2013, 10:30 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Someone has just got in touch this morning and walked away from the car i was talking about. I'm glad he was capable enough to do that whereas someone else may not be as capable as him. So i'll post the link for you to see. I won't be pointing any more lemons out in the future because it's not fair for other businesses if i myself run a business and wouldn't like it done to me. On the positive side it did drive really well and the mileage seemed genuine. Scoobyboy understands my position but it sounds like others don't.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-miles/1740428
Old 29 September 2013, 01:25 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

Someone has just got in touch this morning and walked away from the car i was talking about. I'm glad he was capable enough to do that whereas someone else may not be as capable as him. So i'll post the link for you to see. I won't be pointing any more lemons out in the future because it's not fair for other businesses if i myself run a business and wouldn't like it done to me. On the positive side it did drive really well and the mileage seemed genuine. Scoobyboy understands my position but it sounds like others don't.

Whats wrong with it so people who are not clued up will notice the problems
Old 29 September 2013, 03:19 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
This ^^^^^

Don't exaggerate - it's 195, according to Word.

Been scratching about a lot since last time?
I seem to be under your skin anyway
Old 29 September 2013, 03:42 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Rear end shunt I bet?
But looks nice.
Old 29 September 2013, 07:20 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DIPSY
Whats wrong with it so people who are not clued up will notice the problems
Original post has been removed so can't see what the problem was.

However, the ad looks a bit suspect. 2006 car imported in 2010 and "...never driven in the rain." !?!?!?!?!

12,000 miles and pads & discs replaced?

Speedo shot has been "Photoshopped" to remove the k from km/h - what else has been changed?
Old 29 September 2013, 10:57 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

the passenger headlight is out of line?
Old 29 September 2013, 11:50 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Fwiw I think the moral of this thread is "if you see one, don't be afraid to post the link and ask advice".

I can understand 405 trying to protect someone, but that is better done if they ask for help.

Compare this thread to the 'Anyone thinking of buying a white hawk' one.
Op was a private individual who couldn't have the possibility of being a biased business rival levelled at them, and a link to the problem.

What we had was a business telling us of a dog advertised somewhere.

Op - you've a good reputation, and fwiw there will be people who are grateful for the heads up (as already proven).
Can I suggest that perhaps in future wait for someone to ask for opinions, then we'll never get this situation?

And fwiw I think overall you come out of this with credit, and that's a VERY patronising thing for me to say and my apologies for offending you.

Osimabu - VERY astute
Old 30 September 2013, 01:34 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Rear end shunt I bet?
But looks nice.
Rear end shunt, front end shunt, inner door shuts painted along one side (can't remember whether it was passenger or drivers side as it's been 6 weeks since seeing it), slam panel replaced, very poor finish on paint with ripples and flat spots in numerous places and i can carry on but can't remember all the con's to the car. It was really bad and was surprised that a dealer had taken it in.

Fwiw I think the moral of this thread is "if you see one, don't be afraid to post the link and ask advice".

I can understand 405 trying to protect someone, but that is better done if they ask for help.

Compare this thread to the 'Anyone thinking of buying a white hawk' one.
Op was a private individual who couldn't have the possibility of being a biased business rival levelled at them, and a link to the problem.

What we had was a business telling us of a dog advertised somewhere.

Op - you've a good reputation, and fwiw there will be people who are grateful for the heads up (as already proven).
Can I suggest that perhaps in future wait for someone to ask for opinions, then we'll never get this situation?

And fwiw I think overall you come out of this with credit, and that's a VERY patronising thing for me to say and my apologies for offending you.

Osimabu - VERY astute
Can't disagree with a word of that. I am easily offended but it's good. Furthermore if i sat here talking about cars i've seen to keep away from i'd probably be sat here telling you about no end of cars and posting lemon threads all the time. As you stated in future if someone asks for opinions, input would probably be more valuable.

I suppose it's a case of what someone is happy to overlook, "ok body is a bit of a lemon but it drives well" or "it drives like a lemon but body is good" or in some cases "it drives like an absolute lemon and looks like a lemon, but i still want it" Just depends what people are prepared to overlook. They are getting on in age and i've found really good ones are becoming very hard to find. So if your onto a gem, your onto a winner!

I only started the thread to say "be aware" if you are looking at a jdm hawk, "have a good look around it", that's all. Tried to point a potential buyer in the right direction without offending anyone or trying to put anyone down.

Last edited by adam405sti; 30 September 2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 30 September 2013, 02:19 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Those pictures show a lot. Looks like a dog. Front & rear panels, lights etc all look out. Another bunch of liars.

Last edited by KAS35RSTI; 30 September 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Shocking jdm hawk