Sponsored by:

Few problems with scooby wrx bug eye

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2013, 07:44 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few problems with scooby wrx bug eye

Picked up my impreza wrx 51 plate and today is the first day I've really drove it, it has a few problems already.
1. When braking and about to come to a stop I get a crunch through the pedal and a spring like sound, only when im literally about to stop
2. When I checked the coolant this afternoon it had dropped quite a bit since when I picked the car up a couple of days ago. No oil in water or gunk on the oil cap, can't seem to see any leaks anywhere so could possibly be head issue or might not?
3. Steering wheel goes judders whenever I take my hands of the wheel but can't feel it when holding the wheel I'm guessing tracking but not sure if there's any common faults with the steering/suspension on these.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 16 September 2013, 08:25 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Due to the flatfour layout the oil and water doesn't always mix and emulsify. I would hold the bottom hose and rev the engine to boost, usually the bottom use will pressurise which will be a sign of a head. If not get a sniffer test. maybe the wheels need balancing as well as tracking looking at.
Old 16 September 2013, 08:35 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate will give the bottom hose a go tomorrow as soon as I finish work.going to take it down to national tyres probably Saturday as that's the only day of and get them to look at it, brakes aswell, just like to try stuff myself before throwing money away but obviously the tracking/balancing I will leave to the garage, I don't fancy doing a top gear and sticking 5 pence pieces to the wheels till the judder stops thanks again

Last edited by Dan wrx; 16 September 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Spelling