Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone on here owned the impreza diesel reg W5 LLB?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2013, 11:21 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone on here owned the impreza diesel reg W5 LLB?

Hi,

After 9 years of owning my 53 Plate Blobeye STi with pro drive bits, have now taken the plunge and part ex'd it against a Subaru Impreza Diesel from Holdcrofts in Stoke.
I know this is a bit late in asking. But did anyone on here own this car which had the reg plate 'W5 LLB'?
Can they give me any background on the car, as I noticed it has Scoobyclinic.co.uk stickers in the back windows, so has it had anything much done to the car, such as a remap etc...? When I asked the sales bloke in the garage about it he didn't know.
If you don't want to post on here then please feel free to PM me

Only reason I have now decided to sell up and trade to a Diesel is due to the Job I now do and the excess mileage of 47 miles a day. Plus spending over a £100 a week on petrol on the STi I'm afraid the head has now ruled the heart :-(

Cheers. Jon.

Last edited by jpor; 11 August 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11 August 2013, 03:51 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Recognise the reg as being tagged to a diesel Subaru as it's not a common car, if you know what I mean.

Best thing to do is to get in touch with Scoobyclinic and ask them, I'm sure they will be willing to help.

Have bought parts off Holdcroft in the past, I have found them to be helpful but they got very defensive when I asked them if they'd order in things not on the Pro-R catalogue or Subaru catalogue (it was a set of pads) so make sure they will guarantee all work done on the car in terms of warranty if it does go bang.
Old 11 August 2013, 04:39 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
Recognise the reg as being tagged to a diesel Subaru as it's not a common car, if you know what I mean.

Best thing to do is to get in touch with Scoobyclinic and ask them, I'm sure they will be willing to help.

Have bought parts off Holdcroft in the past, I have found them to be helpful but they got very defensive when I asked them if they'd order in things not on the Pro-R catalogue or Subaru catalogue (it was a set of pads) so make sure they will guarantee all work done on the car in terms of warranty if it does go bang.
Thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if the car has had anything done at Scoobyclinic apart from the car still having the stickers in the back windows. My last car was bought off Holdcrofts 9 years ago when they were based in Newcastle under-Lyme near to the swimming baths. And found them to be very good, so one of the reasons I have gone back to deal with them again.
Old 11 August 2013, 08:16 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Yeah they're a good bunch, as I said just make sure any non-standard parts are covered.

Is the car one of the early diesels or a later model?

I learned recently that early Euro models had a main bearing that wasn't up to the job and can lead to engine failures.
Old 11 August 2013, 09:10 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
Yeah they're a good bunch, as I said just make sure any non-standard parts are covered.

Is the car one of the early diesels or a later model?

I learned recently that early Euro models had a main bearing that wasn't up to the job and can lead to engine failures.
Have read about the 09 models having issues with clutches and the gearbox ECU being reprogrammed, but not about engine bearings. It's a 10 plate model.
So to me the later model?
Old 11 August 2013, 09:49 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Yeah that'll have the revised engine as far as I am aware. Just make sure it isn't a late registered early model.

Apparently the main bearing could go on the early ones and take the crank etc with it.

If you want a professional opinion on the engines it would be better to speak to someone like Finch Motorsport of Northampton (they have rebuilt a lot of diesel boxer engines) or drop Rob 84 on here a PM.
Old 12 August 2013, 02:35 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Okay good to bare in mind. Will definately look to get an extended warranty just for peace of mind.
Hopefully I won't come across this issue during ownership.
Old 12 August 2013, 03:41 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Hopefully not, as far as I'm aware they're good engines. But you never know any car can be a nightmare.

They feel quite rev happy and quite petrol-esque compared to the average diesel if you know what I mean.
Old 12 August 2013, 06:48 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

True. Looking forward in the ownership of this car. Going to be down in power compared to my prodrive STi. Oh well
Old 13 August 2013, 01:11 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know if the central locking can be programmed via the alarm system on these newer models? Only reason for asking is that when u viewed the car, the central locking from the key fob button would only unlock the drivers side door?
Old 13 August 2013, 02:32 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need to push the unlock button twice? My vectra vxr one press opens the drivers door, the 2nd press opens the rest
Old 13 August 2013, 02:55 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply. Will query this with the garage just to make sure. This doesn't seems to be an option on my current car as the sigma alarm system has been set to lock the doors when the ignition is primed. Then again it is 10 years old so wasn't sure if central locking technology has moved on