Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Who's gone from an Impreza to a Forester - and why?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2013, 08:22 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's gone from an Impreza to a Forester - and why?

Since having my Blob wagon up for sale I had half heartedly been thinking about what I would replace it with, although, as I will be selling three cars before buying another car for myself (need to sort a nice little roadster out for the missus first!), there's no great rush to make my mind up.

I had pretty much settled on going for a B5 S4 Avant, thought long & hard about buying one before I bought Impreza, but got put off by the possible big bills.

But then just recently I keep looking at Forester STI's and wishing I could afford one! Which lead me onto looking at modded SF & SG foresters.

Thing is, once you've bought a forester and spent money modifying the suspension and engine to get it performing better, have you just ended up with a more expensive, slightly different looking Impreza?

I know they are the same underneath, and have a tiny bit more room in them (and tbh, the squarer boot would be handy for me), but do they feel any different once fitted with Impreza suspension, etc? Are they any nicer inside?

I actually quite fancy an SF s/tb as they look quite cool imo. I assume the SF models are similar to a classic impreza, and the SG's similar to newage?

Then again, a subtle late classic would be nice - but that's another story!!