ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MF 5445 Tractor & Discovery 4 Remap

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2013, 08:02 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MF 5445 Tractor & Discovery 4 Remap

today ive organised my works tractor massey ferguson 5445 (100HP) and the boss is discovery 4 to be remapped by duncan (racedynamics).only trouble with these new cars now is you have to take the ecu outwhich is a pain but you can can still get round it though. now hes never had a chance before to work with a working horse of a machine (tractor)lol so he says its going to be a interesting task. because alse today i manage to get my boss to agree to have it done as now we've gone from a 10ton to a 12ton trailer, it takes abit more pulling. i only mention it to duncan as we was going to buy a chip box plugin for it and was abit werry of them anyway as you wont know wether there would be a problem when running a tractor with them plugged in.
Old 25 June 2013, 10:36 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescooby
today ive organised my works tractor massey ferguson 5445 (100HP) and the boss is discovery 4 to be remapped by duncan (racedynamics).only trouble with these new cars now is you have to take the ecu outwhich is a pain but you can can still get round it though. now hes never had a chance before to work with a working horse of a machine (tractor)lol so he says its going to be a interesting task. because alse today i manage to get my boss to agree to have it done as now we've gone from a 10ton to a 12ton trailer, it takes abit more pulling. i only mention it to duncan as we was going to buy a chip box plugin for it and was abit werry of them anyway as you wont know wether there would be a problem when running a tractor with them plugged in.
I used to work for a major agricultural dealer in cumbria for 10 years & when the first of the Tier 5 common rail engines came out we were fitting those tuning boxes with awesome results, we then went to the later style remapping and had nothing but issues with them going into shut down mode & melting pistons for fun on the back bank.
Old 25 June 2013, 11:51 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We was going to buy a tuning express chip box but always thought that there ok but justs bothers me that anyone can buy one and plug in and fit it to 1 of 1000s if 5445 tractors and not expect a proplem or even knowing what it its actually doing without data logging thats all. But i just mentioned it to duncan and said he can do it. What make were the tuning boxs as theres so many. I know one person who fitted a tuning box and 6 month later his engine blew