ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Stuck at morrisons.....

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2013, 11:47 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck at morrisons.....

So last night I pulled up at my local morrisons. Sent the Mrs in to get what we needed. I turned the car off while I waited. So she arrives back and I go to start the car but I could not activate the sigma immobiliser with me key fob. Took keys etc tried remote again and still nothing. The fob works fine normally and recently changed the batteries.

So after 10 mins of messing about still nothing. I then googled it to search for a solution. I came across a post about the frequency that they run on etc. this particular post was talking about being near to a police station. The morrisons I was stranded in was about 300m from the police hq.

After reading this I pushed the car to the back of the car park about 100 odd meters. I then trid the fob and hey presto it worked.
I have now changed pin code on alarm so if happens again in I won't be stuck.

Would never of believed it if it had not have happened to me.
Old 23 June 2013, 12:09 AM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

How did you change the code? I don't know mine and my fobs have gotten me stuck a few times
Old 23 June 2013, 12:17 AM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Follow the instructions here mate.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...e-head-up.html
Old 23 June 2013, 12:29 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I get this all the time with my Clifford -- anywhere near a 'strong' transmitter it is likely not to work (it taught me to remember how to use the 'valet' switch and not to forget my PIN....!!!)
Old 23 June 2013, 12:30 AM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
I get this all the time with my Clifford -- anywhere near a 'strong' transmitter it is likely not to work (it taught me to remember how to use the 'valet' switch and not to forget my PIN....!!!)
First time I have came across it mate. It was a panic stricken 10 mins
Old 23 June 2013, 12:38 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

so did the first time - cud I as hell remember the pin......!!

My problem is so bad I look around for a Mast when I park..

Last edited by albob; 23 June 2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 23 June 2013, 02:27 AM
Rex300
Scooby Regular

Yep, when I had a turbo 2000 with a sigma alarm, always had to check it worked before stopping the engine! If the red light flashed with a press of the fob then all ok and I would stop it.
If I did get stuck, then leaning over the driver's side windscreen with the fob under your chest was often enough to get in the car. Looked well dodgy though! Then just had 30s to get in car, steering lock off and start the engine. Oh what fun!!
Old 23 June 2013, 12:24 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the pin code has no effect on it - it's the frequency of radio waves from things like police stations, post office sorting yards (used to get me), hospitals etc interfering with he receiver and nothing to do with your pin code. It can help you to get started as you've done but to fix it properly you need one of the newer shielded alarm ecus to really fix it ....or get fit from pushing it.
I got a new one and all is well now.
Old 23 June 2013, 04:09 PM
Richy P1984
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Changing the pin code has no effect on it - it's the frequency of radio waves from things like police stations, post office sorting yards (used to get me), hospitals etc interfering with he receiver and nothing to do with your pin code. It can help you to get started as you've done but to fix it properly you need one of the newer shielded alarm ecus to really fix it ....or get fit from pushing it.
I got a new one and all is well now.
How much did it cost you to do that?

This has happened to me on numerous occasions, and like others I now look to see if where I'm parking has any radio masts or is likely to have any radio transmissions.

Hospitals (Hammersmith) seem to be bad for this, and some petrol stations!
Old 24 June 2013, 10:05 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, University College Hospital, London used to get me every time! Some petrol stations with the automatic doors do seem to intefere as well. I eventually wore out the pinpad from typing in the code to get it going and then used to have to push it a couple of hundred yards to get it to start. Not good when you need to do a 10 point turn initially to get it out of a tight parking spot...

Errm about £75 from memory, but I might be wrong. I have to say that I got it from the late and very unlamented Scoobyprojects, but I'm sure dealers could get one.