Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11th hour, DP-back quiet PERFORMANCE exhaust recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2013, 12:18 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11th hour, DP-back quiet PERFORMANCE exhaust recommendations?

Hi guys.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the swap deal I had on with Infected for his Milltek turbo back system and my H&S 3" dp/Nur Spec R system has fallen through.

I am going to leave the H&S 3" DP on there and have been trying to source a decent, free flowing QUIETISH exhaust system. Milltek don't have the centre section in stock at all and won't have for 3 weeks, the same is being said by the various Ebay sellers claiming to have systems "In Stock".....

When I say quiet, it just has to be a damn sight quieter that the Blitz, but ideally sacrificing as little performance as possible. You have to remember, I am getting on a bit now and have been spoiled by Bavarian goodness and just can't be dealing with SCREAM everywhere I go, even when cruising at Motorway speeds.

Next problem is that I must have the system by Thursday as then it when the swapping is booked for then she is off to Subaru4You to fix everything else....

Advice greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Thanks,

Nick.
Old 17 June 2013, 12:23 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Revolution do one of the quietest 3" systems. I have had mine for over 10 years and it does OK on the sprints.

Some say not the best looking of backboxes but I don't care one bit about that
Old 17 June 2013, 12:49 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, I spoke to Keith a moment ago there as I have the same system on the old scoob (3" all the way through) sitting on the drive but there is one key difference on their Newage version, they taper it down to 2.5" at the downpipe joint . No good sadly.
Old 17 June 2013, 12:54 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

What about H & S centre/backbox to match your DP?

Last edited by StiX; 17 June 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 17 June 2013, 09:31 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

I had been considering H&S and after confirming they had stock, said sod it and ordered their 3" centre section and back box.

The only possibly niggle is that due to her being a JDM Twin Scroll, they cannot guarantee the length of the DP they provided for her and gave me 2 different measurements to check. I would give that a go if the flaming thing wasn't 2 inches off the ground.

Going to try to jack her up tomorrow and see, I found a load of either oil or power steering fluid leaking back down the underside though when I tried earlier, quality......
Old 21 June 2013, 02:57 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Well, that is a great big FML . Hayward & Scott system is on and hardly sounds any quieter than the bunged Blitz! Damn Milltek for being totally out of stick of the centre section. I have a nasty feeling that I might be buying that system as soon as I can and will be turfing this one off the car too.

Anyone want to buy a Blitz noisy thing? Thought the centre pipe wasn't scratched to hell but that was due to the camera not being able to see it due to sitting 2.5cm off the ground BECAUSE RACE CAR lol. Actually starting to loath Scoob number 4 now, if Subaru4You can't work some serious magic on this to make it how I want it/it should be, she will be up for sale and I will get something German again or treat the main beast to an 700+ftlbs gearbox. Grr.....
Old 21 June 2013, 03:34 PM
New_scooby_04

Mongoose do some really free flowing but quiet (relatively, of course) exhausts.