Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Selling my Scooby - mispriced or just slow market?

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2013, 03:52 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my Scooby - mispriced or just slow market?

I've had my blob wagon up for sale for three weeks now :

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...ds-4400-a.html

And other than a few timewasters & questions, I've not even had one viewing!!

Is it just me, or does the advert read badly or mispriced?? I looked at similar wagons for sale and £4k seems like a good price, yes some are cheaper, but mostly standard ones with double the miles.

I'm sure the first to view will buy as it's as honest as the advert and I'm quite picky/honest when it comes to a cars condition. Just starting to feel a bit disheartened that no one has come to look at it!!!

Perhaps I should keep it!!
Old 12 June 2013, 04:05 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well if it's any consolation, not much interest in mine either. Hawkeye but similar mods to yours.

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...n-sale-px.html

2006 WRX 53k @ £5500.

Wagons aren't so desirable hence they are cheaper but I actually prefer the shape?

At least yours is the 2.0, been loads of posts on here recently regarding the 2.5 which I am sure has put people off mine. I'm not particularly trying hard with mine though, next step would be Pistonheads @ £9.99.

You thought about Pistonheads?
Old 12 June 2013, 04:07 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ah ok, just went on Pistonheads and noticed yours straight away - you have done that then....
Old 12 June 2013, 04:09 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't pay £4000 for your car buddy,it looks nice and clean and the milage is ok but that's all it has going for it from my point of view,the mods aren't anything special and theres no mention of what power it makes etc.
For me £4000 is classic sti money or a nicely modded wrx.
Old 12 June 2013, 04:28 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StiX
Well if it's any consolation, not much interest in mine either. Hawkeye but similar mods to yours.

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...n-sale-px.html

2006 WRX 53k @ £5500.

Wagons aren't so desirable hence they are cheaper but I actually prefer the shape?

At least yours is the 2.0, been loads of posts on here recently regarding the 2.5 which I am sure has put people off mine. I'm not particularly trying hard with mine though, next step would be Pistonheads @ £9.99.

You thought about Pistonheads?
I suppose a wagon is an acquired taste, but I'm the same, prefer most saloons as estates if they do them, especially since I've had my first estate car - just so much more practical.

When I was looking though wagons seemed to be more expensive as there were less to choose from.

Good luck with yours anyway mate, it's looks like a cracking Hawkeye
Old 12 June 2013, 04:31 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cheers mate, it is a cracking Hawk and as I put on my thread I don't want to sell but no choice.

Someone was coming to see mine to buy, and then pulled out due to all the 2.5 stories on here. 'Ticking time bomb' etc. My mods were done in 2007 so it's been ticking a while now....
Old 12 June 2013, 04:32 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stu turbo 98
I wouldn't pay £4000 for your car buddy,it looks nice and clean and the milage is ok but that's all it has going for it from my point of view,the mods aren't anything special and theres no mention of what power it makes etc.
For me £4000 is classic sti money or a nicely modded wrx.
Fair enough mate, I don't know what the power is as never had it on a dyno, but most seem to get around 265-270bhp for same mods with standard turbo.

I thought about going down the bigger turbo route, etc - but quite like how quickly the smaller turbo picks up. Each to their own I guess.
Old 12 June 2013, 04:35 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StiX
Cheers mate, it is a cracking Hawk and as I put on my thread I don't want to sell but no choice.

Someone was coming to see mine to buy, and then pulled out due to all the 2.5 stories on here. 'Ticking time bomb' etc. My mods were done in 2007 so it's been ticking a while now....
I must admit, I looked at Hawkeyes and felt a little uneasy about the 2.5, but mainly for me it was the jump in tax - so I stuck with a Blobeye.

What gets me these days is the amount of timewasters you get selling a car, the last two I sold I had numerous people arranging to view, etc - then just never turning up, lol!!
Old 12 June 2013, 04:37 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It depends on what driving you do.

My last classic I remapped to 273/273 on TD04.

Couldn't resist swapping turbo to VF35 and remapping to 325/320.

Wish I hadn't bothered due to mainly town driving and it kicking in a bit later.
Old 12 June 2013, 04:39 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by amh82
I must admit, I looked at Hawkeyes and felt a little uneasy about the 2.5, but mainly for me it was the jump in tax - so I stuck with a Blobeye.

What gets me these days is the amount of timewasters you get selling a car, the last two I sold I had numerous people arranging to view, etc - then just never turning up, lol!!
Yes the tax is a bit ****. I think last time was the only ever time I have put 6 mths tax on a car instead of the full year (with a view to selling also though).

Don't think I have ever had someone say they are going to turn up and not without telling me - that would drive me nuts
Old 12 June 2013, 04:41 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Stick some nicer wheels on it. Will look more 'special'. Some PFF7 replicas will make the world of difference.
Old 12 June 2013, 04:49 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

If I changed the wheels I always fancied 18" P1's, but at the time I was impressed with how it handled the rough roads on 17's. PFF7's look great though.
Old 12 June 2013, 05:00 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Usually if a car won't sell it's priced too high.

I like wagons too, but the thing about scoobs and wrx's is most folks want the big **** spoiler, what your looking for is a more mature person with a family, that still wants a quick but practical motor, and a cheeky remap that they don't have to tell the MRS about does that on a soot chucker these days.

I bought my 54 WRX Wagon with PPP and AP4 pots for £4k 2yrs ago all be it with 15k more miles, so again i'd say price is your problem, £3200 is more realistic IMO.
Old 12 June 2013, 05:30 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I would have to agree with ditch, miles are not too bad tbf but at the same time they ain't great if that makes sense from a buyers view.

You would be mortified if you knew what I could pick them up for through the trade, albeit maybe a little higher miles than yours but not all of them, you may get the money for it if you can be patient, but at the same time how patient must you be before the car depreciates, you have to weigh it up, there is a specific market really for the estate, people will side step it now and again and go mental with one which makes it more desirable if done right and in the correct way, but the norm when buying these new was people like doctors, farmers, people who live in remote places etc then when they move on or change marque they trade them in and get smashed on the price and they end up as a cheap car unfortunately as there is no real market for them IMO just people who like to be different, or want to keep an impreza in their lives but need a bit more practicality etc, you can buy a pretty decent Audi est for 4k and when you look at it they are more lavish so you need to maybe look at the price as your in amongst other marques of the same money that would possibly draw people away when they see luxury, if they see a cheaper car the mind starts to operate in different ways if that makes sense and they think of the saving or think "that's a good price for alot of car" which then makes them question if the other marques for 4k are too much.

Bottom line people are weird and the price IMO is a little high

GLWTS

Last edited by Infected by sti; 12 June 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12 June 2013, 05:33 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

I know what you're saying, but I've certainly see comparable examples for more money selling.

Very cheapest blob wagons seem to be around £3-3.5k, but have normally done well over 100k. I'm not worried about mileage myself (this is the lowest mileage car I've had in some time), but it does usually make a difference on price.

Tbh, if I had to sell for £3200 then I wouldn't bother. Only really selling to help fund the missus' new car, but if I juggle the figures a bit I might not need to. We'll see.
Old 12 June 2013, 05:37 PM
Busterbulldog
Scooby Regular

Be brave auction it off
Old 12 June 2013, 06:01 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

Well I bought my T reg impreza turbo saloon the other day in mica blue, 99k mileage and 3 owners from new, totally standard looking car but has a vf28 turbo and japspeed exhaust it came with a brand new mot too and I give £800 for it
Old 12 June 2013, 06:04 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Bit like oranges and apples that really

2 totally different markets and there are literally hundreds of cheap classics about if you really look Where as not so many wagons.

Still that's a cheap car
Old 12 June 2013, 06:34 PM
Snooky
Scooby Regular

I bought the 2.0 non turbo wagon 3weeks ago now! Brill car first scoob would love a bigger pokeier 1 but insurance is ridiculous for me at 25!! Good luck in the selling if your car
Old 12 June 2013, 06:43 PM
nardoblue
Scooby Regular

I bought a '53 plate wagon totally std. It was an sl with leather interior and electric sunroof. 90,000 miles and full subaru main dealer service history. Paid £2900 in September last year so yours looks to be over priced.
Old 12 June 2013, 06:57 PM
wrx271
Scooby Regular

If you have only advertised it on here then that is why it's not selling
Old 12 June 2013, 06:58 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Overpriced mate. I was about to say something when I saw it on nutz forum for close to 5k but I didn't as its a for sale ad and I don't like butting in when I'm clearly not intrested as per forum rules, but seen as you asked.

I sold mine for 4500 although it was up for 5k at first then seen a car I wanted so reduced it and had 3 buyers then.
55 plate with 330hp dyno graph, facelift dash interior, vf34, milltek, rota wheels, brembos, SL model with leather and sunroof, about 80k on clock, nicely modded with best parts, good handling mods etc.
In all a mint car

I'd say yours is only worth 3-3.5 max or hold out for the right buyer.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 12 June 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12 June 2013, 07:12 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Fair play, I had it up for £4400 looking for £4k initially - literally just going by what they were advertised for on PH, AT, here, etc.

I'll see how it goes, as I say, it's not worth me selling it for too little - if I don't get anymore interest then I'll probably just keep it, maybe take it to the next level!

What did you go for as a replacement bustaMOVEs?

Last edited by amh82; 12 June 2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12 June 2013, 07:57 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

A less hardcore family car and a gayarsemx5 apparently track/weekend toy
Old 12 June 2013, 08:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

What he's trying to say is, "he came out"
Old 12 June 2013, 08:10 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

I'll look out for you on Nutz then!!

I've a mk1 s-special for a few years now, selling up to make way for a mk3. Just finished welding the sills on mine, ready for MOT then it will be up for sale.

Started to gather/make bits for M45 conversion but never got around to it - shame but feel it's time to move on, and the mk3 felt better than I thought it would!
Old 12 June 2013, 08:15 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Looks like you pulled busta.

Get a room *******.
Old 12 June 2013, 08:18 PM
amh82
Scooby Regular

Don't knock it til you've tried it
Old 12 June 2013, 08:21 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Sorry don't do rusty.

If your talking about an MX5 though I have and dare I say it, I like them too, fantastic cars.
Old 12 June 2013, 08:55 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
What he's trying to say is, "he came out"
Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Looks like you pulled busta.

Get a room *******.

I have that effect, you getting jealous? Join in for a threesome if you like

Quick Reply: Selling my Scooby - mispriced or just slow market?