Sponsored by:

People Carriers.

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2013, 05:49 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default People Carriers.

I'm not an aggressive driver, never up anyone's back end etc. But I have been actively blocked from overtaking by people carriers several times over the course of the last few days. I live near the A303, where it is constantly going from dual to single. I do try to get past the articulates when i get the chance on the duals. But I have lost count of the amount of times that these people carriers have simply sat in the overtaking lane, not overtaking said lorry, simply sitting there stopping me getting past, doing 60 ish.

They seem to look in their mirror seeing a faster car and think that blocking it from going past is somehow going to enhance their sad lives. Now, I've never been in a psition to drive one of these cars, but do they do something to the man behind the wheel? Is it an inferiority complex? Are their drives so boring that this is the only thing they can do to cheer themselves up? Perhaps the children in the back dare them to do it? Or perhaps they are so sucked dry by the moaing kids and cheating wife in the back that they need to do this to remind themsleves that they are alive.
Old 26 May 2013, 06:13 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Just undertake them, give a little wave and block them from going into the inside lane when it goes back to a single lane
Old 26 May 2013, 06:22 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did have a VW transporter pull out in front of me when I was overtaking and had to undertake - the knobber gave me a 'gun' symbol with his fingers when he later pulled alongside in traffic. I was in my Grand Scenic getting frustrated by the number of people, and not just MPVs, sat in the overtaking lanes of the M1, M6 and *** not overtaking. People just don't know how to drive in this country
Old 26 May 2013, 06:23 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
I'm not an aggressive driver, never up anyone's back end etc. But I have been actively blocked from overtaking by people carriers several times over the course of the last few days. I live near the A303, where it is constantly going from dual to single. I do try to get past the articulates when i get the chance on the duals. But I have lost count of the amount of times that these people carriers have simply sat in the overtaking lane, not overtaking said lorry, simply sitting there stopping me getting past, doing 60 ish.

They seem to look in their mirror seeing a faster car and think that blocking it from going past is somehow going to enhance their sad lives. Now, I've never been in a psition to drive one of these cars, but do they do something to the man behind the wheel? Is it an inferiority complex? Are their drives so boring that this is the only thing they can do to cheer themselves up? Perhaps the children in the back dare them to do it? Or perhaps they are so sucked dry by the moaing kids and cheating wife in the back that they need to do this to remind themsleves that they are
alive.
It's just that they are unobservant. Oblivious to anything. I know the A303 quite well and they are the sort that cause accidents and don't even realise. They drive off into the sunset as happy as pigs in ****e!
Old 26 May 2013, 06:48 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IainMilford
Just undertake them, give a little wave and block them from going into the inside lane when it goes back to a single lane
If only I would, but they literally block you in using the lorry as a rolling block. Fuppets.

I did eventually pull past once it opened up again and he was nailing it, which in People Carrier World really is not very fast at all. Slowly reeled him in and passed him in a sensible manner. Had a glance across . . . his wife was a f##king horror. No wonder he needed some cheering up.