Sponsored by:

scooby projects Ledbury ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2013, 02:05 PM
WRX-murphy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby projects Ledbury ?

does anyone have a phone number for Keith or Adam at Scooby projects, Ledbury, I am owed £713 and cant get hold of them.

Starting to get concerned

Murph
Old 16 May 2013, 02:11 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, but they went under late last year!

Alot of people lost alot of cash.
Old 16 May 2013, 02:19 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

I suggest you have a read of this;

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...jects-rip.html
Old 16 May 2013, 02:22 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Gutted for you mate.SJ.
Old 16 May 2013, 02:42 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Oh dear.
Old 16 May 2013, 02:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

As above mate, afriad your £700 out of pocket gland you won't see any ofit back.
Old 16 May 2013, 04:03 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

Another victim by the looks of it
Old 16 May 2013, 04:14 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Well technically it has been suspended from being striken off so in English that means?

https://www.duedil.com/company/08166...ojects-limited
Old 16 May 2013, 06:05 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude
I've just resurrected this particular thread.
Not sure if I've found something interesting, looking at it.
Old 16 May 2013, 06:19 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shaid
Well technically it has been suspended from being striken off so in English that means?

https://www.duedil.com/company/08166...ojects-limited
It applied to be voluntarily stricken off - which can only happen in positive circumstances i.e. when the company can be liquidated out of the funds/assets it holds, or to put it another way ; if you can pay off everyone you ow money to you and do, then you can dissolve your company in a controlled manner.

However, if you owe a **** load more than you can ever pay back from the assets in the company, and you may have been carrying out fraudulent trading, such as, for instance, selling the same components multiple times to different individuals and then not sending them, then you don't get the easy way out...

Liquidation of all remaining assets from which the liquidator, tax man and statutory items get paid first, leaving usually nothing for the punters. Bnakruptcy for the directors and banned from holding a similar directorship positions going forward. Ultimately jail if you have been really naughty.

I'll let you decide where this one falls...
Old 16 May 2013, 06:37 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Yes, me and several others have been in touch with the insolvency service with our stories and also mentioned the fact that although on the paperwork which was signed by both directors stating the reason why they are dissolving is because the 'ltd' company never traded, this is obviously not the case.

We are all just waiting on the outcome of the IS investigation. Just a case of waiting now
Old 16 May 2013, 07:09 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
It applied to be voluntarily stricken off - which can only happen in positive circumstances i.e. when the company can be liquidated out of the funds/assets it holds, or to put it another way ; if you can pay off everyone you ow money to you and do, then you can dissolve your company in a controlled manner.

However, if you owe a **** load more than you can ever pay back from the assets in the company, and you may have been carrying out fraudulent trading, such as, for instance, selling the same components multiple times to different individuals and then not sending them, then you don't get the easy way out...

Liquidation of all remaining assets from which the liquidator, tax man and statutory items get paid first, leaving usually nothing for the punters. Bnakruptcy for the directors and banned from holding a similar directorship positions going forward. Ultimately jail if you have been really naughty.

I'll let you decide where this one falls...
This is interesting.

I assume that everyone knew the business as 'Scooby Projects'.
A poster has said that a lot of money was paid over/has been outstanding since before August last year.

OK, here's a scenario (and bear in mind that they might be watching).
K & A t/s Scooby Projects get into a financial mess, from which there seems no legal way out other than bankruptcy until:

1) create a company called Scooby Projects Ltd;
2) have it deal in the same business, in the same location and indeed pick up all the customers of K & A t/s Scooby Projects. It looks exactly the same to the punters;
3) dissolve the company, so punters THINK they've lost their money.

Anyone who is a 'disappointed customer' of SP Ltd is unfortunate, as long as the company is being made insolvent (which apparently it isn't).
Anyone who was a customer of 'K & A t/s Scooby Projects' has a legal claim against the proprietor(s) of that business personally.
Keith was, and is bankrupt, so I'm sorry for those who lost out.
If Adam was, he's liable as well - and he's solvent.

Companies start with Capital.
Did it start with sufficient capital to trade?
If not the directors have commited the crime of trading while insolvent.
Did the company formally take on the business of 'K & A t/a SP'? If so it must have had enough capital to cover the outstanding debt otherwise it was again trading while insolvent.

So - what was Adam's role in K & A t/a Scooby Projects ?

Anyone?
Old 16 May 2013, 08:52 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

I don't care what anyone says, they were all involved!
I know a few people that cant wait to 'bump' into them
Old 16 May 2013, 11:59 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
This is interesting.

I assume that everyone knew the business as 'Scooby Projects'.
A poster has said that a lot of money was paid over/has been outstanding since before August last year.

OK, here's a scenario (and bear in mind that they might be watching).
K & A t/s Scooby Projects get into a financial mess, from which there seems no legal way out other than bankruptcy until:

1) create a company called Scooby Projects Ltd;
2) have it deal in the same business, in the same location and indeed pick up all the customers of K & A t/s Scooby Projects. It looks exactly the same to the punters;
3) dissolve the company, so punters THINK they've lost their money.

Anyone who is a 'disappointed customer' of SP Ltd is unfortunate, as long as the company is being made insolvent (which apparently it isn't).
Anyone who was a customer of 'K & A t/s Scooby Projects' has a legal claim against the proprietor(s) of that business personally.
Keith was, and is bankrupt, so I'm sorry for those who lost out.
If Adam was, he's liable as well - and he's solvent.

Companies start with Capital.
Did it start with sufficient capital to trade?
If not the directors have commited the crime of trading while insolvent.
Did the company formally take on the business of 'K & A t/a SP'? If so it must have had enough capital to cover the outstanding debt otherwise it was again trading while insolvent.

So - what was Adam's role in K & A t/a Scooby Projects ?

Anyone?
Your knowledge in this field is pretty impressive.

Adam and Keith have a personal relationship where Keith is married to Adams ex-wife so Keith has Adams kids. Now they are genuinely good kids too. For this reason Keith has always been the dominant personality and Adam has been the passive personality.

Adam was marketing Scoobyprojects for Keith on the UKLegacy forum. Even though Keith had his own account on said forum Adam would do all the write ups about customers cars, pics of the garage, etc, etc. Adam would go out of his way to help customers for Keiths business. Adam collected my car from my house and dropped it off to SP for petrol money only. He done this in his own time with a friend. In fact when i was talking about a rebuild, Adam went into a little hissy fit when i mentioned going elsewhere stating he won't do a write up for his website. We had an incident where a spares company calling themselves Project Scooby turned up at which Adam started threatening solicitors etc. Anyway what i'm getting at is that whilst on paper Adam had nothing to do with SP before it went 'ltd' it was blatantly obvious he had an interest in the SP. I do not know wether if it was financial or not. Maybe he borrowed money to Keith to start up? I believe he did but have no proof.

Adam has started a new firm in the same premises stating Keith has nothing to do with this one. He claims he remortgaged to be able to have enough capitol to start of with. Although the new firm has started trading the old one is not yet dissolved as....

1) Strike off has been suspended
2) Keith is under investigation by IS

The story from Adam and his buddies seem to be that Adam was only made aware of the debt Keith got himself into in November 2012 Then Adam was to remortgage his house to repay most of the debts and start a new company. Adam was to do this because he is a nice fellow and it's morally the right thing to do. Me and Adam used to be great friends before all this saga and we fell out over the fact that he's covering for Keith. All i ever wanted from Adam was Keith contact number.

Oh and A & K will be reading this then slagging me off with some buddies on whatsapp and that will be it
Old 17 May 2013, 12:05 AM
P1-Murph
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worth pointing out that they are now trading under a new name.... at the same address...... Muppets!

A lot of people I know have been had BIG style by Keith... absolutely disgusting what he has done, and rest assured one day that he will get what he deserves from a long line of un-happy customers (luckily I am not one of them!)

http://www.ajrautomotive.com/index.php?b=2

also on facebook:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/ajrautomo...ation=timeline

Can't believe that there are still people visiting this bunch of cowboys... shocking!
Old 17 May 2013, 12:25 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1-Murph
Worth pointing out that they are now trading under a new name.... at the same address...... Muppets!

A lot of people I know have been had BIG style by Keith... absolutely disgusting what he has done, and rest assured one day that he will get what he deserves from a long line of un-happy customers (luckily I am not one of them!)

http://www.ajrautomotive.com/index.php?b=2

also on facebook:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/ajrautomo...ation=timeline

Can't believe that there are still people visiting this bunch of cowboys... shocking!
Sorry, but you miss the point.

Whether they trade under whatever name, if they took money from people before 02/08/2012 they are PERSONALLY liable for the debt.
Keith-the-bankrupt = ensure that you, as a creditor register the fact, you turn up at the creditors' meeting and put your view over.
Adam-as-in-still-solvent = ensure that YOU, being owed money, seek recompense by launching a County Court action.
Launch it anyway, someone.
His only defence could be that he was not a partner in the business.

Surely enough of you are upset that you would fund the money it would cost for one of you to sue him?

It would be a sum of well under £100 to get a CCJ which opens the doors for the rest of you.

(And if the pair - or more - of you are watching this thread BELIEVE that I know what I'm about).
Old 17 May 2013, 07:52 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
Sorry, but you miss the point.

Whether they trade under whatever name, if they took money from people before 02/08/2012 they are PERSONALLY liable for the debt.
Keith-the-bankrupt = ensure that you, as a creditor register the fact, you turn up at the creditors' meeting and put your view over.
Adam-as-in-still-solvent = ensure that YOU, being owed money, seek recompense by launching a County Court action.
Launch it anyway, someone.
His only defence could be that he was not a partner in the business.

Surely enough of you are upset that you would fund the money it would cost for one of you to sue him?

It would be a sum of well under £100 to get a CCJ which opens the doors for the rest of you.

(And if the pair - or more - of you are watching this thread BELIEVE that I know what I'm about).

Fair play LWC your doing us welshies proud here with your knowledge on these matters, good work!

Sorry to hear all these people have been shat on by these clown(s), karma is an absolute bitch and no doubt the perpetrator(s) will get what's coming to them.

Good luck
Old 17 May 2013, 10:29 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Your knowledge in this field is pretty impressive.

Adam and Keith have a personal relationship where Keith is married to Adams ex-wife so Keith has Adams kids. Now they are genuinely good kids too. For this reason Keith has always been the dominant personality and Adam has been the passive personality.

Adam was marketing Scoobyprojects for Keith on the UKLegacy forum. Even though Keith had his own account on said forum Adam would do all the write ups about customers cars, pics of the garage, etc, etc. Adam would go out of his way to help customers for Keiths business. Adam collected my car from my house and dropped it off to SP for petrol money only. He done this in his own time with a friend. In fact when i was talking about a rebuild, Adam went into a little hissy fit when i mentioned going elsewhere stating he won't do a write up for his website. We had an incident where a spares company calling themselves Project Scooby turned up at which Adam started threatening solicitors etc. Anyway what i'm getting at is that whilst on paper Adam had nothing to do with SP before it went 'ltd' it was blatantly obvious he had an interest in the SP. I do not know wether if it was financial or not. Maybe he borrowed money to Keith to start up? I believe he did but have no proof.

Adam has started a new firm in the same premises stating Keith has nothing to do with this one. He claims he remortgaged to be able to have enough capitol to start of with. Although the new firm has started trading the old one is not yet dissolved as....

1) Strike off has been suspended
2) Keith is under investigation by IS

The story from Adam and his buddies seem to be that Adam was only made aware of the debt Keith got himself into in November 2012 Then Adam was to remortgage his house to repay most of the debts and start a new company. Adam was to do this because he is a nice fellow and it's morally the right thing to do. Me and Adam used to be great friends before all this saga and we fell out over the fact that he's covering for Keith. All i ever wanted from Adam was Keith contact number.

Oh and A & K will be reading this then slagging me off with some buddies on whatsapp and that will be it
Thanks, for the comment and the background info.

It does seem that Adam wasn't in a business relationship with Keith. However, the question then is why would they go to the lengths they have to convince people that their money is lost?

Unfortunately I think you've answered that one with the info on their personal relationship.

BUT me being me (and in matters such as this you have to be cynical if you want to get to the bottom of things) I'd consider a County Court action against Adam on the basis that:

a) he solicited work for Keith;
b) he performed tasks for him (collection of vehicle etc ??);
c) he was always/mostly/often around the premises in areas where one would normally expect only an employee or proprietor to be;
d) Keith's accounts show a division or sharing of profits.

There's a few more probably.

If some of these apply eg. Adam answered the phone when people called SP (not SP Ltd), or was often on Reception, or even if he gave people quotes then I think it would be worth one of you, supported by a small donation from others, to consider suing.

Here's a link to the costs:

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees

It's very low, and even simpler and cheaper online.

Adam's defence would probably be that he was not in any business relationship with Keith but to prove that - given the possible circumstancial evidence above - he would have to deny it, and risk a charge of perjury if it was proven to be true.
Ask one question - Adam, did you loan Keith money in order to support his business?
If he did, what were the terms. he could, after all, have said "Keith, I'll give you £x for a 50% share".

Try making a 'test claim' for £300 - it costs £25.
Does anyone really have anything to lose?

Oh - and this sort of thing is meat to local TV Watchdog type programs (ours is called 'The Ferret').

This thread's brought a lot of people together.
I'm sure a few of you live in ITV Westcountry's area (which covers Ledbury?).
A few calls detailing what's gone on as well as Shaid and a few others have explained might not bring forth any money, but it will bring a certain amount of revenge.

Phew !!!
Old 17 May 2013, 12:17 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

We all know that money = gone (some of us have our own legal plans for recovery which will be interesting)

We can all live with accepting money = gone however we want the culprit banged up. In fact it is Keith who has dragged Adam down with him and if someone was to take the CCJ route and be successful, if all of Keiths ripped off customers were to then follow suite then the end result for Adam could be very unpleasant. Especially if someone decided to collect based upon a CCJ. Hence why i can't understand why Adam protects the guy so much.

Yes, you can blame it on the 'kids' element but.... oh i don't know.

He isn't all innocent in this as he used various stalling tactics upto the point he started his new garage and then said politely foxtrot oscor. He was very upset when i was speaking to other customers who had been conned. However, i genuinly don't believe Adam had any part in the scamming process. Either that or the good cop, bad cop game they played is very effective lol.

I'll be having a wee chat with a couple of the other ex customers to see what route they want to take.

Last edited by Shaid; 17 May 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 17 May 2013, 12:32 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Is Keith involved in any way with the new business?

One lever is to warn potential suppliers as to the trading history.
Adam's been a dirextor of a company that's going through.

Creditor controllers are very wary of that.
(The Scoobyclinic's ripped-off thread 'Another one for Tubs' has had a poster who's in CC - might get some advice from them).

Starve a business of capital and it's difficult, it can't expand.
Starve it of credit and that's it, bye bye cashflow, it can't run.
Old 17 May 2013, 12:50 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I'm not aware of Keith being involved in the new business. If i find out he is in any way, shape or form then.... things will get very interesting very quickly.

I'm not going to try and sabotage Adams business though. That's not my nature plus i do believe that he is innocent in Keiths mess up and just being led on by Keith especially by tugging at heart strings. Remember Adam is a very passive guy, Keith is the dominant defiant one. Granted Adam has made some very dumb decisions however all he had to do was tell someone with a bit of substance that this guy is messing me about and a lot of customers would have actually helped him. Oh well lesson learnt. One of the many reasons why i refuse to do business with family.

I'll search the thread anyhow, Thanks for all your advice.
Old 17 May 2013, 09:40 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I'm not aware of Keith being involved in the new business. If i find out he is in any way, shape or form then.... things will get very interesting very quickly.

I'm not going to try and sabotage Adams business though. That's not my nature plus i do believe that he is innocent in Keiths mess up and just being led on by Keith especially by tugging at heart strings. Remember Adam is a very passive guy, Keith is the dominant defiant one. Granted Adam has made some very dumb decisions however all he had to do was tell someone with a bit of substance that this guy is messing me about and a lot of customers would have actually helped him. Oh well lesson learnt. One of the many reasons why i refuse to do business with family.

I'll search the thread anyhow, Thanks for all your advice.
No probs.
Just to say that I've no legal background, so it would be worth testing what I say.
However, (and I know no-one here thinks otherwise) I don't talk through the wrong orifice either.

I hope I've provided you with pointers which hopefully will unlock a door.

If anyone has specific ideas by all means PM me, in order to avoid giving anyone forewarning.