Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossroads Subaru - what a great service :)

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2013, 07:05 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossroads Subaru - what a great service :)

What great service I have recieved from them today.
I've just gone over 1000 miles in my new car and wanted to get it back to them for an oil change and check over. They came and collected the car from me, serviced it, checked it over, cleaned it and returned it to me all in a day (its a 2 hour round trip from my house to them). It's come back immaculate, how they got it back looking like that in this weather I will never know.
Can't recommend them enough this is the type of old school customer service that made me buy Subaru all those years ago when I first brought a classic.
Thanks Crossroads

Last edited by kev1; 22 March 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 22 March 2013, 07:36 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by kev1
I've just gone over 1000 miles in my new car and wanted to get it back to them for an oil change and check over. They came and collected the car from me, serviced it, checked it over, cleaned it and returned it to me all in a day (its a 2 hour round trip from my house to them). It's come back immaculate, how they got it back looking like that in this weather I will never know.
Can't recommend them enough this is the type of old school customer service that made me buy Subaru all those years ago when I first brought a classic.
Thanks Crossroads
When you spend that sort of money on a Cosworth Hatch it should be included in the price
Old 22 March 2013, 07:44 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
When you spend that sort of money on a Cosworth Hatch it should be included in the price
It's not just the car, its was the same when I had my Saloon, and my hatch and the hawkeye before that. I think a lot of the shops on the high street could learn from their customer service to be honest
Old 22 March 2013, 07:47 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Are you happy with the car Kev?
Old 22 March 2013, 07:53 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave Y
Are you happy with the car Kev?
Yes mate its got a certain something about it that makes me smile ...... Oh yeah and it goes like stink
Old 22 March 2013, 08:42 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He should be they are Rapid!!!
Old 22 March 2013, 08:53 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Thanks Crossroads
Did they collect it on a low loader or did they rag it's **** down the motorway?
Old 22 March 2013, 09:00 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

They sent a driver, ( an older chap) who drove it. I wouldn't trust my car to anyone I'm very picky with it. They did give the option of a trailer pick up but having seen the driver I was happy with him.
Old 23 March 2013, 12:19 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad you have had good experiences with them but I have not been impressed with them to be honest.

The only Subaru main dealer I can actually speak highly of from experience is Mangoletsi. Up front, no messing around and totally honest. And happy to talk about upgrades from other manufacturers. Were it not for them I'd exclusively be using Cotton Competition when up here and Powerstation when back in the shires.

I have had Subaru main dealers lie to me about the registration of the car (told it was a 61 when it was a 60), crash my car (removing two wheels and the suspension parts with it), harass me for a deposit when they knew they would be wound up a week later...

Anyway, in 2010 I dropped my Spec D off with Crossroads who ignored two problems I'd mentioned to them - heavy oil consumption and knocking rear shocks - who then tried to sting to the tune of over 2k for a new set of discs and pads that had been replaced about 6k earlier. They charged me top whack for the service and did not wash my car. In fact, it had been taken out of the roads (presumably to another site) which were muck covered that day and it was filthy!

I have enquired about a few of their cars over the years and been quite astounded at two things - firstly how they ask over the odds for their cars and secondly how insulting they are on trade ins. They are also almost offended at the idea of haggling - they proved this to me over three years. Only in October I saved over eight grand just by going 80 miles North. Same car trading in, picking up a delivery mileage Cosworth.

They do make a lovely cup of coffee and have very pleasant staff though but that to me is not worth what they charge.

Last edited by thenewgalaxy; 23 March 2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention they are offended by haggling
Old 23 March 2013, 01:04 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

Top lads imho
Old 23 March 2013, 10:03 AM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
I'm glad you have had good experiences with them but I have not been impressed with them to be honest.

The only Subaru main dealer I can actually speak highly of from experience is Mangoletsi. Up front, no messing around and totally honest. And happy to talk about upgrades from other manufacturers. Were it not for them I'd exclusively be using Cotton Competition when up here and Powerstation when back in the shires.

I have had Subaru main dealers lie to me about the registration of the car (told it was a 61 when it was a 60), crash my car (removing two wheels and the suspension parts with it), harass me for a deposit when they knew they would be wound up a week later...

Anyway, in 2010 I dropped my Spec D off with Crossroads who ignored two problems I'd mentioned to them - heavy oil consumption and knocking rear shocks - who then tried to sting to the tune of over 2k for a new set of discs and pads that had been replaced about 6k earlier. They charged me top whack for the service and did not wash my car. In fact, it had been taken out of the roads (presumably to another site) which were muck covered that day and it was filthy!

I have enquired about a few of their cars over the years and been quite astounded at two things - firstly how they ask over the odds for their cars and secondly how insulting they are on trade ins. They are also almost offended at the idea of haggling - they proved this to me over three years. Only in October I saved over eight grand just by going 80 miles North. Same car trading in, picking up a delivery mileage Cosworth.

They do make a lovely cup of coffee and have very pleasant staff though but that to me is not worth what they charge.
I've only ever had good experiences with Crossroads hence why I've brought my last 4 cars through them. Crossroads is the only Subaru dealer I would use. I don't want to start a "my Subaru dealer is better than yours" thread I just think in today's climate where people just want your money and don't seem to bother about anything else when people go the extra bit they should be commended.
Old 23 March 2013, 10:40 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

I've only ever had good experiences with Crossroads hence why I've brought my last 4 cars through them. Crossroads is the only Subaru dealer I would use. I don't want to start a "my Subaru dealer is better than yours" thread I just think in today's climate where people just want your money and don't seem to bother about anything else when people go the extra bit they should be commended.
KEV

Yes I agree its always what makes you happy and not what it costs

I had a welsh dealership 10 miles from me and cheap but went 25 miles to Listers Worcs and expensive but awesome. Sadly a Lexus garage now.

Tony
Old 23 March 2013, 10:45 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Although like crossroads its a 160+ round trip so very expensive but a least they let me buy a saloon from there. I couldn't even get a test drive at the nearest.

Tony
Old 23 March 2013, 10:55 AM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Although like crossroads its a 160+ round trip so very expensive but a least they let me buy a saloon from there. I couldn't even get a test drive at the nearest.

Tony
Haha when are you back so we can go for a blast?
Old 23 March 2013, 11:04 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Wink

Haha when are you back so we can go for a blast?
Yes ok will do just realised its not that far to crossroads it 70 miles each way picking you up on the way so only the two tanks of fuel

I think it was 25 miles and 11.6 mpg the last time I met you

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 23 March 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 23 March 2013, 07:52 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

They sent a driver, ( an older chap) who drove it. I wouldn't trust my car to anyone I'm very picky with it. They did give the option of a trailer pick up but having seen the driver I was happy with him.

That happened to me once, car was due to go in for a minor fault repair under warranty, was expecting low loader, random chap turns up on doorstep asking for keys, no low loader.

I said, "Listen mate, if you want to drive my car you will have to pay for the privilege, just like I have to, now **** off".

As a rule of thumb, trust no one, particularly with a Cosworth.
Old 23 March 2013, 08:17 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
That happened to me once, car was due to go in for a minor fault repair under warranty, was expecting low loader, random chap turns up on doorstep asking for keys, no low loader.

I said, "Listen mate, if you want to drive my car you will have to pay for the privilege, just like I have to, now **** off".

As a rule of thumb, trust no one, particularly with a Cosworth.
I know what your saying I wouldn't just hand my keys to anyone. I'd seen the chap over there before and a while ago he dropped me off at home when I'd had a problem with my previous car so I was 100% he worked at the garage and not a theif
Old 23 March 2013, 08:30 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Congrats on the service you received pal glad you're happy with the car and customer care. Time to get some pictures up pal!
Old 23 March 2013, 08:56 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

I've been on here over 10 years and not posted a picture once....but I will when its had a couple of the things done to it I have waiting to go on
Old 23 March 2013, 09:25 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

I've been on here over 10 years and not posted a picture once....but I will when its had a couple of the things done to it I have waiting to go on
Fair enough pal, what you having done? Or is that all on the quiet
Old 23 March 2013, 10:50 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Fair enough pal, what you having done? Or is that all on the quiet
Just cosmetic things, just waiting for them to arrive into stock then get to me. I've got a few bits to add already but will wait until everything is here before I do it.
How's yours coming on?
Old 24 March 2013, 12:50 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Just cosmetic things, just waiting for them to arrive into stock then get to me. I've got a few bits to add already but will wait until everything is here before I do it.
How's yours coming on?
Well we will have to sort that rolling road day out soon then

Getting frustrated with it all to be honest mate, can't get the answers I'm after out of CR so can't share the same opinion as you I'm afraid and some things just don't add up. Don't get me wrong i love the car and I'm sure it will be a solid.

I have put my stamp on it visually, couple of small bits to do then it's time to just enjoy it, while saving some cash up to finish under the bonnet
Old 24 March 2013, 05:42 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Talking

I know what your saying I wouldn't just hand my keys to anyone.
Ha ha you've given them to me before q

Tony
Old 24 March 2013, 06:05 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Steve 1982 email Elliott at CARSTINS he maybe able to help you further

Tony
Old 24 March 2013, 10:23 AM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Ha ha you've given them to me before q

Tony
That's when I learnt not just to hand them to anyone )))
Old 24 March 2013, 10:24 AM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Steve,
Can't Mark at TDR answer the questions as he did most if not all of the work didn't be?
Old 24 March 2013, 11:37 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Talking

That's when I learnt not just to hand them to anyone )))
FPMSL

Tony
Old 24 March 2013, 12:18 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Whilst this is nothing to do with Crossroads (as in their fault) we all need to be aware of getting our cars checked out, regardless of whether they come from reputable dealers or not (and Crossroads would have not known about this, so I'm in no way passing any blame on to them).....

My mate has just bought a MY08 hatch from Crossroads - very nice car.

It had been insinuated that the car had an EcuTEK license on it, so I connected up my logging software to see what was going on. The results were quite alarming! To double check my concerns I advised my mate we'd take it up to PowerStation, get the wideband on it and double check it all.

1.52bar peak boost
1.4-1.3 mid range
.71 Lambda

This is a standard car which has already seen new pistons / rods under IM Warranty and still has the standard CATS on it.

Now... I don't know 100% who has mapped this (it would be an official EcuTEK dealer) but I have my suspicions who it was. Needless to say they shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of a laptop, let alone the ability to map peoples cars!

Running all that boost (which is a bad idea for starters) to get a paltry 300bhp - that's awesome!

Just beware chaps.
Old 24 March 2013, 12:23 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Steve 1982 email Elliott at CARSTINS he maybe able to help you further

Tony
Steve,
Can't Mark at TDR answer the questions as he did most if not all of the work didn't be?
That he did kev, just the engine isn't so much the issue it's the rest of it. Exhaust, suspension and mapping. There's little to no paper work being a demo and done via trade. Also have a feeling there's potentially more in the history that I'm being told. Can't get the straight answer from them. Don't get me wrong, love the car, I know it's fine and been built right with the right parts. James and Ben have both been spot on in sorting the 330s and the saloon out for me I'm just getting frustrated with it all.
Old 24 March 2013, 01:18 PM
kev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
That he did kev, just the engine isn't so much the issue it's the rest of it. Exhaust, suspension and mapping. There's little to no paper work being a demo and done via trade. Also have a feeling there's potentially more in the history that I'm being told. Can't get the straight answer from them. Don't get me wrong, love the car, I know it's fine and been built right with the right parts. James and Ben have both been spot on in sorting the 330s and the saloon out for me I'm just getting frustrated with it all.
Hi Steve
I read and replied to your pm before I read this hence why I asked a question you have answered here.
Cheers

Quick Reply: Crossroads Subaru - what a great service :)