Sponsored by:

New Classic Owner(s)

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2013, 09:43 PM
bph875
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Classic Owner(s)

Hello all, recently bought a classic uk Turbo 2000 with a good friend of mine so thought i'd say hello.

We got it as a weekend car / track day car, pretty spontaneous purchase but we are happy with what we got!! Have owned fast Renaults before (one of them is in bits in one of the pics! lol) and have always wanted to own an impreza!! It's fairly standard and has a folder full of receipts showing it has been cared for well, some subtle mods and currently re mapped to 265/250, feels quicker, probably just me!! lol

Few things to be done, a possible air leak to sort and a few track friendly mods to be completed.

Anyway here are a few pics and hello again!!

Old 12 February 2013, 09:46 PM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

looks a very tidy example
Old 12 February 2013, 10:32 PM
VitruvianJ
Scooby Regular

Welcome!

Looks nice.

I recently got a classic WRX to work on fit track days with my dad. Not as tidy as yours but we're happy with it do far.

Not sure of the power, it's having the belts done at scooby clinic this Saturday so hoping to get it on the rollers and find out!
Old 12 February 2013, 10:44 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

Hi mate and welcome to SN, Looks a very nice and tidy motor - same colour as mine, I've only had mine just under 2 weeks also... Need to get me one of them front splitters or similar
Old 12 February 2013, 11:12 PM
bph875
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VitruvianJ
Welcome!

Looks nice.

I recently got a classic WRX to work on fit track days with my dad. Not as tidy as yours but we're happy with it do far.

Not sure of the power, it's having the belts done at scooby clinic this Saturday so hoping to get it on the rollers and find out!
We did a 650 mile trip to pick her up, was worth it!! The map on the car is about a year or so old based on the receipts/print out. Really does go though, want to keep it fairly standard looks wise, but maybe 300bhp with a few more mods would be a good figure for us.
Old 12 February 2013, 11:14 PM
bph875
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobydoo Ste
Hi mate and welcome to SN, Looks a very nice and tidy motor - same colour as mine, I've only had mine just under 2 weeks also... Need to get me one of them front splitters or similar

Thanks, the splitter is one of my favourite parts of the car, just finishes it off nicely!
Old 12 February 2013, 11:18 PM
VitruvianJ
Scooby Regular

300 is a good figure. I was thinking of around 330 but don't want to go too high and damage it, they are pretty old cars now for the sort of abuse we have planned for them.

I'll probably take it to the 'Ring every so often as we'll so hoping 330 is a safe number.

I'm jealous! Haven't driven ours yet (only my dad has) for insurance reasons.. Tomorrow will be my first short drive in it then Saturday thinking conservative drive up, if they say its ok I'm thinking a more spirited drive back!
Old 13 February 2013, 10:01 PM
bph875
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VitruvianJ
300 is a good figure. I was thinking of around 330 but don't want to go too high and damage it, they are pretty old cars now for the sort of abuse we have planned for them.

I'll probably take it to the 'Ring every so often as we'll so hoping 330 is a safe number.

I'm jealous! Haven't driven ours yet (only my dad has) for insurance reasons.. Tomorrow will be my first short drive in it then Saturday thinking conservative drive up, if they say its ok I'm thinking a more spirited drive back!
Hope all goes well, around 300 is the number we will go for to start with, until we get bored and get it forged with a bigger turbo!! lol