Sponsored by:

Showells garages Lye, beware

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2013, 07:03 PM
N111KLN
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showells garages Lye, beware

Just want to make everyone aware of these guys.

Took my diesel Impreza in for its 3 year service on Friday, during the service I had a phone call to say both the front and rear brake pads needed replacing and the discs needed a bit of tlc, which was carried out.

Picked the car up as normal, after being parted with £570. The complimentary wash was poor as normal but I was expecting that, even though I've told them about it in the past.

When I got the car back to work I gave it a once over, and found two nice big scrapes out of my rear right alloy, I rang them up immediately and was told that there was no way they had done it, and tried to blame me for it saying that because my car was dirty (I live in the countryside...that's why I bought a Subaru in the first place) I must have done it and not noticed it.

I objected to this completely, the scrapes were completely fresh with no muck in them whatsoever, and they were completely inconsistent with curb scuffs or anything I could have possibly done during normal driving. The damage must have occured when the wheels were off for the brake work.

I spelt this all out in an email to them, with photos shown taken as soon as I saw the damage, along with reasons the damage could not have occured during normal driving (shape primarily), and asked for their help.

Once again they refused to help, and even refused my request to go halves on the repair work.

To top it all off they are still showing a big 'Subaru approved service centre' sign on the building frontage, even though Subaru have removed this status from them, and they're now selling on Hyundai and Isuzu.

From other threads I've read this used to be a family owned and run outfit but were bought out in 2004. However they still like to make a big deal of how they are a still a family business...even though they are 89% owned by IM (international motors).

I've told them I'll never use them again.

Old 12 February 2013, 07:07 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

Sound like w@nkers to me!
Old 12 February 2013, 07:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

can tell from the edges that its fresh, the little chips would hav come off very quickly had it been old
Old 12 February 2013, 07:20 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Start proceedings through the small claim court. You can do it online for about £45. 9 out of 10 times they will pay up before going to court, just make sure you get the £45 back as well.
Old 12 February 2013, 09:19 PM
N111KLN
Scooby Newbie

Tidgy, I know, also the main scrape on the spoke is a good 1 - 2mm deep, and it's just one very defined line, there's no way that can happen out on the road. As well as the other scratch on the rim actually going inside the profile of the wheel...
Old 12 February 2013, 09:59 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

so why did you go there in the first place ?, if you know Subaru Uk has remove their status
Old 12 February 2013, 10:18 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

when i first brought my blob sti few years back went there for full 30k service while i waited once finished they took it for a "road test" car came back stinking as i complained all they said it we have to road test the car f..k off do you . never been back
Old 12 February 2013, 10:24 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

To top it all off they are still showing a big 'Subaru approved service centre' sign on the building frontage, even though Subaru have removed this status from them, and they're now selling on Hyundai and Isuzu.

From other threads I've read this used to be a family owned and run outfit but were bought out in 2004. However they still like to make a big deal of how they are a still a family business...even though they are 89% owned by IM (international motors).
If there 89% owned by IM i doubt they will have had their Subaru service status removed??
Old 12 February 2013, 10:27 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to the small claims first, see if you can find any recent pics of your car without the marks on the alloy

or, just say they have 2 weeks to pay up or you will park outside on public property with a big sign warning everyone. if they don't pay up before, just turn up with a big sign and they should pay up within an hour
Old 12 February 2013, 11:07 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I have used them for parts in the past, but they defo are no longer subaru dealers as I had a letter from them with the details of the nearest subaru dealer as they where no longer representing subaru, can't remember where it was now, but as I do my own servicing I now buy either online or from euro car parts. I don't even take my cars for an mot without waiting as I dont trust anyone not to abuse my cars.
Old 12 February 2013, 11:16 PM
N111KLN
Scooby Newbie

Chopperman, links for you below, the duedil one shows the business share stucture on the right hand side. They were a Subaru centre until fairly recently.

http://www.showellsstourbridgehyundai.co.uk/
https://www.duedil.com/company/01366...limited/people
Old 12 February 2013, 11:24 PM
N111KLN
Scooby Newbie

Showing up with a big sign would be nice but I have to go to work.

If I can cost them some business from showing what they're like on here then so be it though.
Old 12 February 2013, 11:32 PM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N111KLN
When I got the car back to work I gave it a once over,
Schoolboy error

Should've given it a good look over before as much as starting the engine imo