Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal? GARY C? opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 08:31 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

test drove a 330ci coupe ( petrol) automatic.
what a lovely motor. two beemer dealers now very keen to do business with me. offering at least 18k for my my00 ppp car( they may go higher and i get to keep the P1 alloys to sell privately)
they have offered a brand new( get it in september on new plate)....
330ci sport auto
silver
xenons
18" mv spoke wheels
harmon kardon
sport seats , full black leather
uprated suspension
plus other usual goodies.
price is £31650

they are wanting my car now, so it doesnt loose any more value, loan me a car till september at knockdown rate, and will guarantee price of 330ci

as u were in the same boat as me, i really would value your opinion, or anyone else in the same situation. as much as i love the scoob, the bmw was better in so many ways.
oh...i still get to drive my girlfriends scoob everyday!(best of both worlds)
Old 20 April 2001, 09:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

You lucky bu66er!!!

I would get a BMW330 top car my man - I even hear tell that BMW look after the customers aftersale!! you KNOW what I mean?

If you can get the loan car for free I would bite thier hands off - the Scoobie is a dead duck!!

pete
Old 20 April 2001, 09:15 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

pete
this 330 is the dogs b6llocks! in two years i plan to get m3 with tiptronic, but for now 330c1 will be the business.
ive just realised the novelty of a scoob as my only full time transportation has well and truly worn off
by the way, the thread u have started seems to have gone off the board, or am i a conspiracy theorist?

by the way, u simply MUST look at the thread about discounts on P1 jackets...it could be a potential GOLDmine( pardon the pun) of mischief for you. i have already stuck the boot in
Old 20 April 2001, 09:24 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Angry

oh yes, talking of customer care....
not ONCE in all the time ive been in a subaru dealership, and ive been in two spending big bucks, have they even made me a coffee! petty i know, but i find they are lousy! seat dealers better, audi dealers better, and the two beemer dealers, particularly the one in Ipswich, are leagues ahead of subaru dealers!!..and yes, they make GREAT coffee. i went in wearing jeans and tee shirts and arms full of tattoos, and not ONCE did they look down their nose at me! offered me an extended test drive( "take it for the weekend sir, see if u like it!")This on a car with a big waiting list!
SUBARU/IM....if u take the p155 enough, you go down the pan, especially as your bug eye monstrosity looks appalling....20k plus mods? u must be joking!

[This message has been edited by spudgun (edited 20 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by spudgun (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 09:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Hey yeah its been edited OFF the thing - can they do that??? was it that bad???

Kick up a stink and get me re-instated and I will play on the P1 jacket!!

Pete

[This message has been edited by pslewis (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 09:37 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

nah, it werent bad or slanderous. i'm in the mood to play now. look for my next topic posted in general questions!
Old 20 April 2001, 09:50 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

My cousin got his 330ci manual today-massive spec with 18 inch v spokes, mtech interior(not leather)etc-metallic black.Ordered through a friend who is a car dealer(private-not BMW) last October.Delivered to his door for £24885!!.
Georgeous car.

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 10:00 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Wink

im dubious about buying euro import as ive heard bmw uk will not touch them come trade in time.
unfortunately i have no mates in the motor trade who could do a deal like that for me!
so, is the deal ive been offered a fair one?
these two dealers are now starting to compete against each other, and the deal ive described above is the starting point, i get the impression it could get better!
Old 21 April 2001, 08:52 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a cracking deal to me. Assuming the loan car isn't a 4 year old 316 compact

18k sounds like a good price for your MY00 PPP. THE best offer I got for mine (16 month old MY99 PPP, Aircon, 17", PIAAs etc etc etc) was 15k, or 12k less than I paid for it BUT I would mail round a few dealers first, some of them may give you as much or more (try Anthony Betts in Milton Keynes), that way you become a cash buyer to BMW and will get a better deal from them

I have had the beemer for just over 2 months now, and am stunned to say, I haven't missed the scoob once AND thats with a 330 DIESEL

Very different, and you lose the raw performance and ultimate pace, but in real terms the performance is much of a much-ness - even in the oil burner The other benefits of the BMW more than make up for it. 2 months in, the main advantages/plus-points are the quality of the interior (which is important when you are stuck staring at it for so long), overall build quality inside and out, the comfort/compliance of the ride, the quality of the Stereo (and I haven't even got the Harman Kardon kit), the non-conspicuous-ness, the lack of stonechips ruining the aesthetic appearance, WAY better service from the dealers/BMW UK, AND (more relevant for the oil burner) in the two months and just over 5000 miles of ownership, I have saved 800ukp on fuel alone compared to the last 5000 miles in the Impreza Thats 4800ukp per year

I have not one regret about the change from Impreza to 330d ownership, and with the 4800ukp I save each year, and can go and buy a caterham (or what ever) if I need to re-claim the raw-fun/track element of my driving life.

Personally I think your choice is a no-brainer, especially as you get the best of both worlds retaining access to a scoob But feel free to post/email with any other questions

PS The Xenon lights are well worth the money, eerie at first, but brilliant

[This message has been edited by GaryC (edited 21 April 2001).]
Old 21 April 2001, 06:12 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Spudgun & Gary

Sounds like youve found some good BMW dealers. My case is not so good. I placed my order for my M3 back in September. BMW UK are a waste of space when it comes to information. Phone their customer services and get different answers all the time.

My BMW dealer is proving that as arrogant as any other dealer Ive come across. They couldnt be arsed to do a launch night for the new car. They have had it five weeks, and Ive still to be offered a drive, even though it has been out on the roads (running it in was the salemans line). These BMW dealers cant be arsed as they can sell every car they get their hands on (sounds familiar ?). Yes they do nice coffee, and have a clean showroom, but so does my local Subaru dealer. I bought an S3 whilst waiting for my M3. They could of sold me a 300Ci or even a 330D, but didnt bother to chase me get me quotes etc.

I should of learned from my last 328 experience, but the lure of an M3 is too much. BMW UK and my local dealer need lesons in customer relations. The 3 series is a great car let down by the infrastructure.

Jonathan
Old 21 April 2001, 09:15 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

i had a look on bmw website and cant find a used similar car with same spec for less than what ive been quoted on this new one!
seems they are not asking an unreasonable amount eh?
yes i know the import route is cheaper, but i have misgivings come resale time. also, do bmw uk service euro imports? will they accept them as trade ins? i want an m3 in a couple of years time, so i dont want my fingers burnt now ( i'm learning a valuable lesson from the scooby!!)
anyone else here going over to bmw? or am i the only one apart from gary c?
this aint a definate done thing yet,but its getting harder to think of a good reason not to.