Is this turning into the pslewis bbs?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 10:22 PM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Moderators :-

Is Scoobynet turning into the pslewis BBS ??

Maybee we should have the pslewis forum and put all the pointless, joking around, leg pulling, smart *** comments, bandwidth wasting drivel in there so the we can read the interesting SUBARU stuff instead of the slagging matches.

IMHO of course.

Gethin.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:27 PM
Simon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My thoughts exactly! Well said Gethin.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:33 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Talking

For what its worth I quite like the slagging matches.!

Old 20 April 2001, 10:38 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Smile

gethin
u miss the point. pete made a valid post earlier this evening, and it was deleted without him having chance to edit it, or offer any kind of defence.hence the fun and games. sorry its a pain at the mo, but one day u may have it done to u, and u may really need the advice given to u, but cant recieve it coz your post was removed.
if you tolerate this, your post could be next!
Old 20 April 2001, 10:44 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

we seem to have a horrible case of deja vu ..... with this kind of topic that Pete was posting

[This message has been edited by Rebecca (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 10:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GETHIN and SIMON we are NOT talking pslewis here we are talking freedom of speech - I am sorry you cant see the difference

South Africa was NOT all about Nelson Mandela - it WAS about Apartied (I KNOW its a poor analogy - but it illustrates the point exactly!) - Nelson was the catalyst - pslewis happens to be the catalyst here for FREE speech on a FREE BBS - as long as what is said is TRUE and he says his thread WAS true!

So, think on, when the moderator hesitates about letting you see something HE may not want you to - it could be in some small way to do with the flack that it has kicked up here and now - so you will benefit, OK??

Pete

[This message has been edited by pslewis (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 10:51 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Wink

God, who are the two bints at the top?

Freedom of speech, variety is the spice of life and all that. GET A LIFE. This is what bbs's are here for and you do get slightly 'cough' outspoken ones on all of them. If you don't like the topic, don't read it. Simple

Pete doesn't do anything bad on here, he doesn't adversly affect people's lives on here or anything. Just let him get it out of his system tonight and things will be back to normal soon enough. It's not like he is the world's biggest poster or anything either. He knows his place, with the muppets that is!

We've been working hard all week, most of us are far too well attached and too old to go out clubbing anymore and our limbs ache. Let us moan, goddamnit!

Nick.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:53 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Damn, you guys jumped in quickly on that one!

Nick.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:56 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mr Footlong:
<B>
Pete knows his place, with the muppets that is!

Nick. [/quote]

How dare you .... his place is certainly not with us muppets thank you .... you can keep him - we don't want him

Old 20 April 2001, 11:03 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mr Lewis,
Its one thing drawing attention to a problem in a mature fashion, its another to behave as you have done this evening with your purile T**S all over the BBS.

I can think of no other punishment than that as found in Goldfinger.... death by gold paint sprayed all over you.
Old 20 April 2001, 11:05 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

So the man likes the sound of his own voice...........

Nick.
Old 20 April 2001, 11:09 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

For goodness sake. PSLewis set up your own webpage, it's not difficult.
I'm sure that if you did this everyone would be happy. I agree with you on some things and disagree with you on others but to jeapordise scoobynet isn't really too clever is it?
Even better http:bbs.PSLewis.co.uk has a certain ring to it
I'm also sure this latest outburst has nothing to do with somebody suffering from an increasingly inflated ego.
Old 20 April 2001, 11:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Butty and CLS - thanks for your posts - you can make them because someone has NOT removed them - think on that a while my friends and you will see that it was a major issue that needed addressing.

I am a tenaious little sod and do NOT take kindly to people riding rough shod over me and they soon figure that it is NOT a wise thing to do - I shout and scream until I get justice.

You are the meek and you will inherit the earth but only after me, and those others with *****, have finished with it

Pete

PS As I have just been told by my legal team - slanderous comments can only be proved if untrue - I have the conversation with IM in my possession - my post was TRUE (naughty as usual but true)

Why could I not edit it I ask you??
Old 20 April 2001, 11:20 PM
Simon
Scooby Regular

PSLewis,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>
<B>GETHIN and SIMON we are NOT talking pslewis here we are talking freedom of speech - I am sorry you cant see the difference</B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see the difference, I just can't see the point in 10 posts all saying the same thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> <B> South Africa was NOT all about Nelson Mandela - it WAS about Apartied (I KNOW its a poor analogy - but it illustrates the point exactly!) </B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct... that is a poor analogy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> <B> - Nelson was the catalyst - pslewis happens to be the catalyst here for FREE speech on a FREE BBS - as long as what is said is TRUE and he says his thread WAS true! </B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nelson didn't post a load of repetitive posts on this BBS though did he?

Free BBS? It's only free to the users, not to those who run it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> <B> So, think on, when the moderator hesitates about letting you see something HE may not want you to - it could be in some small way to do with the flack that it has kicked up here and now - so you will benefit, OK?? </B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been reading this BBS for a few years now, and have yet to see a case of posts being deleted for inappropriate reasons. Posts get deleted if they are offensive or slanderous, I didn't see your original post so cannot comment. But this wasn't my point, my point was why the top 10 topics have PSLewis in the title.

Footlong,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> <B>God, who are the two bints at the top?</B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the looks of the 'join dates' they are people who used to use this BBS as a excellent source of info on Subarus, this is before various people started posting stupid topics about gold wheels, muppets etc.

Simon

[This message has been edited by Simon (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 21 April 2001, 01:20 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yes, he does go on a bit doesn't he? He was entered as the British team for the Cannes "Le Boring" international festival last year, but droned on at the airport check in staff and missed his flight.

He is without doubt a ***. But an entertaining one and where would we be without the PSLewises of this world. I read his witty posts usually with amusement.

I say two things:

1)Good luck to him BUT
2) He shouldn't take umbrage because his letter to "The Times" doesn't get published and
3) a fanatical devotion to the pope.

Oh and have I ever mentioned that my opinion is never humble.
Old 21 April 2001, 01:54 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Missed you post Pete perhaps you could e-mail it to me so I know what we are talking about.
Old 21 April 2001, 02:26 PM
wall
Scooby Regular

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
South Africa was NOT all about Nelson Mandela - it WAS about Apartied
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is this guy for real? I mean, we are taking about the virtues and etiquette of posts removal in a bbs about cars & such other frivolous things...... You (pslewis) (and spudgun ... who perhaps might be the same person) seem to be giving this a LITTLE too much importance.
End all this waste of bandwith, accept the bbs owners and moderators rules and modus operandi (if you don't, you can always go to another of many bbs on the www), and let's eliminate all this threads.
Otherwise, Simon I suggest you stop wasting your family saturday replying and just delete the user(s). It's your bbs after all

wall

PS having done a "little" law-related work I can assure you that Simon's view on slander are indeed correct. I can come here and happily say that company X has done me harm (financial/moral/philosophical/whatever) because of issues x y and z (if they are true and can be proved of course - 'cause they could ask you to in a court of law). But I cannot make out of context general comments without potentially (however unlikely) attracting unwanted legal attention. Simon's just playing it VERY safe in the interest of his bbs and the community. Don't like his style? Disagree? Well, nobody is forcing you to put up with this bbs and the dictatorial Simon, lots of other abound on the www.
Old 21 April 2001, 02:37 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 21 April 2001).]