Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free BBs or should it be censored?? your views please to the moderators!

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 09:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Please let the moderators know whether you think that this should be a 'free voice' for all or just for who the moderators 'select'

I have just had a post removed from the general area because I said how poor IM was with me this afternoon and that Subaru UK refused to talk and I need to take them to the small claims court - I also named the Warranty Manager as he was so rude and refused to talk to me in more than one sylable

If you want a FREE BBS please speak up NOW

Pete
Old 20 April 2001, 09:52 PM
melpaul2002
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a change most will agree with u,

However if it means individuals were to get in trouble over others comments then u can understand why they remove certain posts.

if there is no legal implications for individuals then we should all be allowed to speak as we feel fit.

of course not verbal abuse but fact stating is different - so long as it is all fact !
Old 20 April 2001, 09:53 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Speaking personally, rather than as a moderator. It may(although i dunno) been taken down because you were taking IM to small claims court.

It IS possible that things said here, in support/rebuttal of your case, could have influenced the result against or for you.

The case of the leeds footballers is one in point, where a national newspaper screwed up the case because of 'loose talk'

Personally I would rather not run the risk of someone's smart alec comment wrecking my case. Of course, after you've won you can tell all, just that before or during a case may not be the best way to ensure it turns out to your satisfaction.

Pete, IMHO you have a fair case, but I would'nt want to risk losing it because of some muppet saying he'd seen you peel it off to show how loose it was(for example), even as a joke.

I also suspect that whoever(not me) removed the post did'nt want this bbs embroiled in a legal battle and thus risk the same events that almost caused it's demise a few months ago.

I hope that explains what I think went on.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 09:59 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Fair points.

BUT

Mr. PSlewis is a big boy and lives by his own statements - in court or out.

Steve
Old 20 April 2001, 10:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Angry

The summons has NOT been issued yet

So can we now have it back on?????

I EXPECT to be told why a post is removed - it is DOWNRIGHT RUDE to do so without an e-mail or anything!!!

Will someone come on and say why/who/ did removed it????? was it because Moray hates my guts or has it some basis in logic???

This is NOT on my friends - I am a pain I know but it is free world and I AM a big boy just let IM take me to court!!!! ha ha ha

What I said in my post was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT AND TRUE!!!

A seriously P155ED OFF Pete
Old 20 April 2001, 10:11 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Talking

please put it back, and let pete have the choice wether he wants to edit it or not.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yes come on faceless moderators lets have it back and I will edit the parts you dont like OK????

Can I be fairer than that???

Pete
Old 20 April 2001, 10:16 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by pslewis:
<B>The summons has NOT been issued yet

So can we now have it back on?????

I EXPECT to be told why a post is removed - it is DOWNRIGHT RUDE to do so without an e-mail or anything!!!

Will someone come on and say why/who/ did removed it????? was it because Moray hates my guts or has it some basis in logic???

This is NOT on my friends - I am a pain I know but it is free world and I AM a big boy just let IM take me to court!!!! ha ha ha

What I said in my post was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT AND TRUE!!!

A seriously P155ED OFF Pete[/quote]

Does'nt matter if the summons is issued or not, it's still admissable(AFAIK). You really want to take the chance that you'll lose the case? or possibly screw scoobynet up for everyone else?

Steve, I know Pete's a big boy and will stand by the facts, BUT careless comments on here <I>could</I> jeopordise his case without Pete even knowing it.

As to why Pete were'nt told or asked to edit it, that's a different matter to why it was removed. I would hope a mail is forthcomming that will sort all this bad feeling out. Personally I would hold fire on the recriminations until you have recieved an explanation as to why the post was removed.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 20 April 2001).]
Old 20 April 2001, 10:21 PM
Simon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I too wish your posted hadn't been deleted, but only because I am fed up of reading posts whinging about it. There are currently 7/8 posts about it FFS
Old 20 April 2001, 10:22 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of ScoobyNet or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it. No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this or any associated or relating bulletin board. Your personal information will be kept private except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal reasons.

So let pslewis make his own bed

Steve
Old 20 April 2001, 10:32 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Yes come on faceless moderators lets have it back and I will edit the parts you dont like OK????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i take offence to that comment.

There is nothing faceless about the moderators on this BBS, we are probably the most open to meeting people regularly of any BBS on the net. You can find many of us at meets or track days throughout the year for a friendly chat. You can also mail any of us as we publish our personal mail details.

Now a few facts.

Moderators can only moderate their own topic areas, for example i only have control over the drivetrain section. The only person who has total control is the website owner Simon.

I know for fact that if Simon deleted your post it was for a very good reason as it's something he is very reluctant to do.

I have had some major discusions about me wanting a post removed in the past for what i thought were good reasons only for him to say No and explain why, which i then agreed with. It's very, very rare for Simon to delete a post so lets not get into the censorship debate please, its been covered in the past in great detail.

I am sure if your post was deleted, the moderator who did this will be in touch to explain why.
Old 20 April 2001, 10:51 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular