Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX Sti Spec C ltd RA, 2003 Evo Real World COTY ~ Type 25 Prototype Build Number000

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2012, 04:33 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Sti Spec C ltd RA, 2003 Evo Real World COTY ~ Type 25 Prototype Build Number000

Good afternoon.

I have the pleasure and joy of owning the above car which was subject to much press coverage and positive exposure to much acclaim as a Spec C Ltd back in 2003 by Litchfield Imports.

So much so that I he created the much sought after Type 25 to which my car is the prototype with the build number plate 000.

If anyone can offer me any further info re this vehicles provenance then I would be very grateful, I have quite a few newspaper articles and press releases however I am sure I am missing some.

Finally I know my car is the only Red MK1 Type 25 as they were only produced in white, black, metallic silver and WR blue. Does anyone know how many were made or still left on the road and finally what my cars value could be??

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Joe
Old 30 October 2012, 06:34 PM
john1979
Scooby Regular

Show us a picture !!!!!
Old 30 October 2012, 06:43 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

I hope that helps and here below is some press detail. The only difference now is that it no longer has the carbon fibre spoiler and now has lightweight BBS alloys. Apart from that pretty much the same I think...

Autocar tested and loved the Spec C in early 2003 and offered it a wild card entry into their Driver Car of the year event being held at Rockingham race circuit. 2 days of fantastic track action ensued. Despite over 25 of the years best cars attending the Spec C made it into the final six having won over everyone that drove it. The highlight of the event was the Spec C and new 911 GT3 racing each other driven by F1 drivers Justin Wilson and Takuma Sato.

2003 saw a scorching hot summer trip with Evo magazine. Litchfield Imports were invited along with the new Spec C Limited to the launch of the then new BMW CSL and Porsche GT3 (V.2). The journey started early and ended in some beautiful German mountain roads. The Spec C more than held its own and the review can be found on our press page. Evo magazine enjoyed the car so much that they invited us on their Car Of The Year event later in the year, a huge feature that the Spec C went on to win.

After winning the first round (Sub £50,000 price cars) of the 2003 Car of the Year event Evo magazine took us to Italy to take on the years best Supercars. With the likes of the latest Porsche GT3, Lamborghini Gallado and Ferrari 360 Stradale it was truly a unique experience. Curtis from Powerstation shared the road trip down to the mountain roads of Italy. A Journey which passed quickly when driving most of the way flat-out in a VX220 Turbo, it did however take two days for our backs and ears to recover. Even the local Police joined in the fun with passenger rides in the F360 Stradale.
Old 30 October 2012, 07:11 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

Please find below a couple of pictures.
Old 30 October 2012, 07:17 PM
STi8
Scooby Regular

There are a load of articles in Litchfield's site that you can download, so that would be a start. The one used in the press launch was silver. The colours were not restricted to those available for the Spec C as you could use a standard JDM car as the base f you wanted. The Mk 1 (blob eye) cars came in a couple of flavours as they crossed the MY05 wide track/longer wheelbase upgrade. The Hawkeyes came with the Cosworth motors.

I suggest you give Iain Litchfield a ring if you want more background.
Old 30 October 2012, 07:17 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

Oops forget the other one !!

Old 30 October 2012, 07:26 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by STi8
There are a load of articles in Litchfield's site that you can download, so that would be a start. The one used in the press launch was silver. The colours were not restricted to those available for the Spec C as you could use a standard JDM car as the base f you wanted. The Mk 1 (blob eye) cars came in a couple of flavours as they crossed the MY05 wide track/longer wheelbase upgrade. The Hawkeyes came with the Cosworth motors.

I suggest you give Iain Litchfield a ring if you want more background.
Thanks for the info I have done quite a bit of digging in various forums, I was aware that when they launched the type 25 it only stated it was available in the 4 colours although I do believe if someone wanted to upgrade their car to a type 25 spec, then they may be in other colours around, thanks again.

I did email Litchfield Imports several months ago however I never received any response or feedback much to mu disappointment.
Old 30 October 2012, 07:29 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

I am as positive as I can be without the thumbs up from Iain Litchfield that this is my car.

Old 30 October 2012, 07:33 PM
STi8
Scooby Regular

Litcho is notoriously bad at answering emails. If you ring him I'm sure he would fill you in about your car.

There are a couple on here, including a crystal grey one in the garage.
Old 30 October 2012, 07:54 PM
Joe 0000
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by STi8
Litcho is notoriously bad at answering emails. If you ring him I'm sure he would fill you in about your car.

There are a couple on here, including a crystal grey one in the garage.
Thanks again, I will give him a call then, although I assume he is a very busy man and didn't want to be a nuisance. cheers