ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

scooby_liam Scammer ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2012, 10:26 AM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby_liam Scammer ?

Anyone dealt with this guy or have his phone number ? Bought 3 shadow pro gauges off him last month , boxed as described stll had the protective cover on the lenses etc , fitted them one works , 2 clearly dont and just pulse with no reading, had them checked for wiriing 3 times now , still no reading, sensors been replaced to see if they were faulty along with wiring , still no reading just pulse alternate . Funny thing was when we hooked up the boost gauge we had a 2 bar peak boost warning light and alarm , when Liam said they were still boxed and new ???? anyways im out of pocket here, sent him 2 messages and he refuses to answer them , noticed he was on on sunday night and still wont reply.....would rather sort this out man to man than go down the route of a claim etc but needs must i guess ......
Old 11 September 2012, 05:04 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

No one dealt with this guy at all ???
Old 11 September 2012, 05:22 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

How did you make the payment?
Old 11 September 2012, 05:29 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatley mate as a gift , that was what he requested ...i toook it as fair game he has 4 good feedbacks
Old 11 September 2012, 05:34 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

Feedback sometimes means nothing its how long has he been on this forum and if he is a regular user, look at my feedback its 0 but i have sold few bits here and never tried to scam anyone and would never sell anything faulty to anyone, unfortunately paypal will not get involved with gift payments.

I hope you get it sorted buddy.
Old 11 September 2012, 05:38 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Yeh i did try that one mate , cant do nothing about a gift ...they are off to Scoobyclinic who has kindly offered to bench test them for me , but they are of the same opinion that they were used before and simply placed back in the box, he suspects the gauges are faulty...i could be £200 for another 2 new gauges here unless he stumps up for his F**k up ......see what he says when he comes on i guess !
Old 11 September 2012, 07:01 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

do u no which town he stays in ??
Old 11 September 2012, 07:11 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Hey bighoose, were you not fleeced back along on here as well?
Old 11 September 2012, 07:36 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobwrx94import
do u no which town he stays in ??
No not got a clue mate !!
Old 11 September 2012, 07:39 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Hey bighoose, were you not fleeced back along on here as well?
Yeh mate funnily enough was for gauges too !! these didnt arrive though ...got ma money back as I never paid as a gift ...good to know im remembered for the **** things though
Old 11 September 2012, 07:57 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wouldn't know if he's a scammer, but, all but a couple of his post have been in the classified sections.

You're stuffed anyway, you paid by gift. You've got no comeback unfortunately.

Devils advocate though, can you prove he knew they didn't work?
Old 11 September 2012, 08:24 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

Yeh i seen that too mate , cant prove nothng really they were described as still boxed which you would presume was not used or in perfect working condition at least , pretty much the same with stuff ya buy though that may be faulty , cant prove anything should work really can ya ? im all about honesty maself , twice ive been screwed now so to speak on Snet , will think very carefully about buying on here again ..
Old 11 September 2012, 08:26 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only buy from authorised advertiser that will stop the scammers.......
Old 11 September 2012, 08:29 PM
banzai2009
Scooby Regular

Contact admin and contact police and show his details as I'm sure admin will be co-operative with dealing with fraud / scamming etc
Old 11 September 2012, 09:42 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
only buy from authorised advertiser that will stop the scammers.......

have you still got the packaging? should have a return address on the back

don't know why people still pay by gift
Old 12 September 2012, 10:19 AM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

yeh i hear ya lads, too honest i guess , ya see a good deal with a few quid off retail prices and expect a bit honesty on here but its becoming less and less.I wont be diving in any time soon and wont be paying by gift either for anything on here from now on ...shame some people let down what can be a not bad way of doing things ...

Aint got the packaging mate any more got all the boxes that they came in but thats no use ...next may be to make a small claims , got his details now anyways so will see what happens
Old 12 September 2012, 10:26 AM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Sorry wrong person

Last edited by JdcTypeR; 12 September 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12 September 2012, 10:32 AM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Sorry wrong person

Last edited by JdcTypeR; 12 September 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12 September 2012, 08:16 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by banzai2009
Contact admin and contact police and show his details as I'm sure admin will be co-operative with dealing with fraud / scamming etc
Where is the fraud or scam? Chap got the gauges as described.

Turns out they "don't work" - there's no proof only the word of the OP. They could work fine, but, are fitted incorrectly. Most likely they fitted correctly. Just as there is no proof that the seller sold them knowing that they are broken.

Also, there sweet FA that Admin will do. The OP payed as a gift FFS!
Old 13 September 2012, 07:48 PM
bighoose
Scooby Regular

So you would pay £260 for gauges that dont work ? even if they werent described as such ...yeh right , the voice of reason are ya , we all work on honesty most times on here its how we deal with things ...I wouldnt sell a **** set of gauges that were ****ed to anyone on here maybe im different, doesnt say alot for this site though when this happens so regular that "admin" do **** all about it ....we had regular emails back and forward and they were described to me as perfect working condition still in the box .....is that not a scam ?

For the record the gauges were fitted by a professional fitter , the have been checked back to wiring , replacement sensors etc and the last stop is gauges, they are off to scoobyclinic to be tested and if as ecpected they are fecked then small claims it is , the guys been on twice and not had the decency or ***** to reply to me ....speaks volumes to me , another bull****ter !
Old 13 September 2012, 08:06 PM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bighoose
So you would pay £260 for gauges that dont work ? even if they werent described as such ...yeh right , the voice of reason are ya , we all work on honesty most times on here its how we deal with things
If you had paid the extra £10.40 to cover the fees you would have got your money back. There's too many posts, stickies and warnings by normal users and admins not to do it, if you ignore them then it's tough luck if it goes **** up. You, like many others, will have to learn the hard way. Sorry to be blunt but it's that simple.
Old 13 September 2012, 08:40 PM
banzai2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Where is the fraud or scam? Chap got the gauges as described.

Turns out they "don't work" - there's no proof only the word of the OP. They could work fine, but, are fitted incorrectly. Most likely they fitted correctly. Just as there is no proof that the seller sold them knowing that they are broken.

Also, there sweet FA that Admin will do. The OP payed as a gift FFS!

Areet pal wind ya neck in !!! Nice to see you showing your support for this guy

The guy sold them as brand new the clues in the title mate! If there brand new then they will be perfect working order hence the scam or fraud so either he's used them tried them or swapped his old gauges for them either way he's sold the gauges continued to *** on the forum and no contact this guy back??

Even you must admit this looks suspicious?

And near enough even person on here has paid via gift at some point thinking people's "honest" .. Not sure what your problem is with me tbh but this is the 3rd time you've had a pop so I suggest if you've got nothing nice to say or constructive just stay out of it .. The guys bought gauges and now the sellers ignoring his calls and emails doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out
Old 13 September 2012, 09:30 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Areet pal wind ya neck in !!! Nice to see you showing your support for this guy

The guy sold them as brand new the clues in the title mate! If there brand new then they will be perfect working order hence the scam or fraud so either he's used them tried them or swapped his old gauges for them either way he's sold the gauges continued to *** on the forum and no contact this guy back??

Even you must admit this looks suspicious?

And near enough even person on here has paid via gift at some point thinking people's "honest" .. Not sure what your problem is with me tbh but this is the 3rd time you've had a pop so I suggest if you've got nothing nice to say or constructive just stay out of it .. The guys bought gauges and now the sellers ignoring his calls and emails doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out
Micky is not having a pop he telling it like it is.....To put a new spin on things, i know for a FACT that there have been in the past brandnew faulty shadow gauges, carry out a SN search for a Shadow gauge group buy.
Old 13 September 2012, 10:46 PM
banzai2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
Micky is not having a pop he telling it like it is.....To put a new spin on things, i know for a FACT that there have been in the past brandnew faulty shadow gauges, carry out a SN search for a Shadow gauge group buy.

There's other times he's had a pop recently mate.
Plus if this guys that genuine and didnt now they were faulty why hasn't he replied
Old 14 September 2012, 12:23 AM
Lisawrx

There's other times he's had a pop recently mate.
Plus if this guys that genuine and didnt now they were faulty why hasn't he replied
Oh, grow up. He isn't having a go at you, he is questioning what you have said, and offering his perspective. The FACT here, is none of us know anything other than what the OP has stated. This guy could be a scammer, as in he has knowingly sold faulty gauges, or it could be a genuine case that he has sold them in good faith and they happen to be faulty. Unfortunate, but if that is the case and we don't know, then it is not fraud or a scam. It is already stated that the gauges were boxed as advertised and still had the protective covers on, so it's not impossible that they are faulted, but without the seller knowing, giving the benefit of the doubt.

Scooby_liam hasn't been on here since the 9th, so that could suggest he's done a runner, or that there is some other reason he hasn't had access in order to reply to this thread. I don't know, but I have sent him a PM myself to direct him to this thread if/when he comes back, nothing much else I can do personally.

As it stands, all that can be done right now, is hope that he comes on and replies to this and the problem can be resolved amicably. In the event that contact isn't made, then off to the small claims it is.

As an add on to Deano, have you never bought a product from a shop only to find it was faulty? Maybe not, but I have. It doesn't mean the shop has been out to scam me, but faults on new goods do occur. You have jumped to the conclusion of scam straight away when that may not be the case. Hopefully it isn't.
Old 14 September 2012, 12:34 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by MDS_WRX
If you had paid the extra £10.40 to cover the fees you would have got your money back. There's too many posts, stickies and warnings by normal users and admins not to do it, if you ignore them then it's tough luck if it goes **** up. You, like many others, will have to learn the hard way. Sorry to be blunt but it's that simple.
Sadly this ^

To agree, doesn't mean I don't care. I hate to see any sale go '**** up' but you guys are warned time and time again to take care with transactions and one of the main points is never to pay by gift as you have no cover.

I do genuinely feel for anyone that gets stung (as a general point as we don't know for sure in this case), but people have to do the best they can to protect themselves. That doesn't make me, admin or other members heartless or uncaring.

Another point, obviously admin won't just give over personal details of another member purely on their word, but if this was taken further, I do believe his information would be passed to the authorities.
Old 14 September 2012, 05:08 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yet again we are here with another scammers thread, and as usual the op has paid by gift.

How many times does this need to happen before people get the message.

The only people i would pay by gift is someone i know personally or that is a long standing very well known member, such as myself and a few others, they know who they are

Please let this be yet another warning to newbies out there contemplating paying by gift.

DON'T DO It!!!!!!!!!!!

ps.This is not a dig at the op or anyone else for that matter.
Old 14 September 2012, 05:11 AM
banzai2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Oh, grow up. He isn't having a go at you, he is questioning what you have said, and offering his perspective. The FACT here, is none of us know anything other than what the OP has stated. This guy could be a scammer, as in he has knowingly sold faulty gauges, or it could be a genuine case that he has sold them in good faith and they happen to be faulty. Unfortunate, but if that is the case and we don't know, then it is not fraud or a scam. It is already stated that the gauges were boxed as advertised and still had the protective covers on, so it's not impossible that they are faulted, but without the seller knowing, giving the benefit of the doubt.

Scooby_liam hasn't been on here since the 9th, so that could suggest he's done a runner, or that there is some other reason he hasn't had access in order to reply to this thread. I don't know, but I have sent him a PM myself to direct him to this thread if/when he comes back, nothing much else I can do personally.

As it stands, all that can be done right now, is hope that he comes on and replies to this and the problem can be resolved amicably. In the event that contact isn't made, then off to the small claims it is.

As an add on to Deano, have you never bought a product from a shop only to find it was faulty? Maybe not, but I have. It doesn't mean the shop has been out to scam me, but faults on new goods do occur. You have jumped to the conclusion of scam straight away when that may not be the case. Hopefully it isn't.
Lisa he has on another post and on another forum to be fair you wouldn't have noticed as this is a big forum. All I suggested is to contact admin to try get some info and he replies you lot will do sweet FA if I am correct .

But hey not my problem I just suggested contacting sn mods or admin for help but your right 2 sides and all of that but does seem stance he hasn't replied to any of the guys calls or emails.

Hope you get sorted pal good luck
Old 14 September 2012, 09:02 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by bighoose
So you would pay £260 for gauges that dont work ? even if they werent described as such ...yeh right , the voice of reason are ya , we all work on honesty most times on here its how we deal with things ...I wouldnt sell a **** set of gauges that were ****ed to anyone on here maybe im different, doesnt say alot for this site though when this happens so regular that "admin" do **** all about it ....we had regular emails back and forward and they were described to me as perfect working condition still in the box .....is that not a scam ?

For the record the gauges were fitted by a professional fitter , the have been checked back to wiring , replacement sensors etc and the last stop is gauges, they are off to scoobyclinic to be tested and if as ecpected they are fecked then small claims it is , the guys been on twice and not had the decency or ***** to reply to me ....speaks volumes to me , another bull****ter !
Calm your passions, all the ****'s are making it hard to work out.

I personally wouldn't buy Prosport gauges, I want mine to work and not look like a F&F extra. For the money you paid, you could have have much more reliable and importantly proven quality gauges, with a bit of change.

A bit more and you could have had Defi's.

That's not the point though, and this is important should you pursue a claim through the courts. Can you prove that he knowingly sold them as faulty?

I'm not privy to what may have been said in PM's, but, his advert makes no mention of condition;

Originally Posted by scooby_liam
i have a set of the newest 60mm shadow gauges black faced standard white backlight to Blue selling as i have the toucan screen now
That would suggest that they were used, then if they are faulted as you state, he should have known. Only problem is, he could say they worked perfectly when removed, must have been damaged in transit, whatever, etc.

I genuinely hope you get sorted, but, I think it's going to be very hard for you.
Old 14 September 2012, 09:12 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Lisa he has on another post and on another forum to be fair you wouldn't have noticed as this is a big forum.
Grow up! That's like running to the teacher because someone called you a name.

Questioning something you've said isn't "having a pop" for crying out loud. Offering a perspective or opinion isn't "having a pop".

If you don't like people making comments or offering opinions, then I suggest that a forum isn't the right place for you.

I'll post what I want, when I want. If you don't like it, well tough.

Quick Reply: scooby_liam Scammer ?