Sponsored by:

Silverstone GP - July

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2001, 10:09 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

If any of you lot are considering going to the British GP in July BEWARE, I tried to book for the qualifying on the Saturday and only the first 18,000 applicants will get a car park pass, and then only if two or more tickets are bought! Just to check if I was in time I phoned Silverstone to see if I was OK for the passes - No, all gone! I think I managed to cancel the ticket application in time but if I had left it any longer I would have recieved the tickets with no chance of a refund The alternatives would have been to get a coach from somewhere, Dump the car somewhere and get a park `N ride, Buy a weekend camping pass or Helicopter in! The last one sounds pretty cool but at £55/ticket to get in just for qualifying the whole thing is becoming poor value for money. Iv`e been going for years and its been getting worse every year. I love the sport (If you think a Scoob sounds good check out a V10 at 17k - if it doesn`t make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up you`re either totally deaf or dead!) but I`m begining to think that listening to lovely `ole Murray is a wise alternative.
JohnD