ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone using carbotech XP10 's

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2012, 08:04 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using carbotech XP10 's

As title just curious if anyone else using them , these are brilliant fast track pads a few mates have them in there 400 hp evo's and swear by them .

I've just ordered a set for my k sports retail at £295 del got them on a deal for £270 del
Old 08 August 2012, 08:06 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Carbotech-Europe Ltd offer the complete solution for your braking needs whether its a modern car, classic, vintage or anything in between, home of the world renowned High Performance brake pad materials, Bobcat1521, Panther AX6™, XP8™, XP10™, XP12™ and XP16™, also the KM1012 Kellate Metallic high performance brake shoe friction material for older vehicles fitted with drum brake systems looking for serious performance on both road and track.
We manufacture and reline high performance brake pads and shoes here in the UK to suit Road, Fast road, Track day, Sprint/Hillclimb and Race applications, pad backing plates available to make these for most European, Japanese & American specification vehicles so check out our Applications page or Contact us with your requirements
We also manufacture custom pads and brake shoes to meet your bespoke requirements, our services including relining your old pad back plates or brake shoes to*specific thickness/material positioning to suit non standard drum/disc radius as required, please get in touch to discuss the various solutions we can offer.
As well as Brake pads, Shoes and Discs we also supply our own brand of Stainless Steel Brake Hose kits for just about any application so please get in touch if you need more information on these, along with this we are also stockists and for the High Performance Motul Racing Brake fluid RBF600.
Old 08 August 2012, 08:31 PM
DT-SPD
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good pad but £270
Old 08 August 2012, 08:39 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got XP8's on my road car.......great performing pad but quite dirty. Carbotech are about 5 miles up the road from me and a very helpful bloke

I've got 12 pots so that means 8 individual pads on the front..........now that's expensive LOL

Shaun
Old 08 August 2012, 08:50 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DT-SPD
Sounds like a good pad but £270
I think the cl rc6 pads are just as good at half the price and no bedding in process
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...c6-review.html
Old 08 August 2012, 09:31 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I used XP8's before, great pads, but very dusty, and squeel like a bitch
Old 08 August 2012, 09:35 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

I've got xp10's, great pad, expensive but worth it. Probably not the best pad for everyday use but for track they are great! Make sure you follow the bedding in process lee, carbotech need to get hot a few times and they like the discs to have their 'residue' on but it doesn't take long to do. Quickest bedding in i've ever had to do before!
Old 09 August 2012, 09:58 AM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear by them on my Spec C. I use xp8's to kill two birds with one pad. But as stated above with performance comes draw backs,, They squeal and are very dusty so not for the shampoo crowd.