Sponsored by:

Keeping a black car clean

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2012, 04:54 PM
Tonusmaxumus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping a black car clean

My hawkeye is the first black car ive owned and dont get me wrong when its clean and polished its looks the nuts, but trying to keep it that way is just impossible.
Last saturday i spent all day washing, claying and polishing the scoob and by monday it was rather dirty again
I am no expert but is there any sort of wax or polish i can get that will help or stop the paintwork getting so dirty within a few days, there must be something on the market that can help, what sort of waxes or polish are you guys using.
Old 05 August 2012, 04:59 PM
LouisB
Scooby Regular

I've got a black blobeye and use Chemical Guys - Butter Wet Wax (have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk). Really is good stuff, the shine is amazing, even after a week of driving around still has a shine.
Old 05 August 2012, 05:01 PM
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

poorboys black hole polish and autoglym hd wax
Old 05 August 2012, 05:14 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

You need a wax mate, I'd recommend Collinite 476 and it's about £16 a tin from CleanYourCar
Old 05 August 2012, 05:29 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tonusmaxumus
My hawkeye is the first black car ive owned and dont get me wrong when its clean and polished its looks the nuts, but trying to keep it that way is just impossible.
Last saturday i spent all day washing, claying and polishing the scoob and by monday it was rather dirty again
I am no expert but is there any sort of wax or polish i can get that will help or stop the paintwork getting so dirty within a few days, there must be something on the market that can help, what sort of waxes or polish are you guys using.
You should try having a black car in a hard water area. Where i live the car looks brown after washing. I have to use detail spray after drying to get the water marks off.
Old 05 August 2012, 05:32 PM
ScoobyRalph
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave-W-
poorboys black hole polish and autoglym hd wax
Have just bought some Black Hole to try but heard and seen very good thingsn about it will finish it off with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet wax which i have had great results with in the past.

Also used Collinite as also mentioned and although a very hard to work wax it does provide some great protection.

Si
Old 05 August 2012, 05:40 PM
Tonusmaxumus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LouisB
I've got a black blobeye and use Chemical Guys - Butter Wet Wax (have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk). Really is good stuff, the shine is amazing, even after a week of driving around still has a shine.
Just got some butter wet wax from cleanyourcar ill give that a go first then ill try the others, see which one gives the better finish and lasts the longest.
Old 05 August 2012, 06:13 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

my blobeye is also the first black car ive owned and will definitely be the last, i use poorboys black hole and nattys paste wax which seems to do the job, but with it raining every other day i'm sorely tempted to get rid of the car because of the colour, im that sick of it :P
Old 05 August 2012, 08:00 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

I use a product called code. Its a boat wax, easy to use even in full sun, it's hard wearing as it doesn't come off in salt water, it contains 40% carnauba wax which is higher than any other brand im lead to believe? Uv resistant .if not those new nano sealants look the **** but they aren't cheap