AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2012, 11:03 PM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVOID

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/2896595...stered_as_wrx/

Went to view this car today with a mate who has his civic type R on swapz also, when we got there the car seemed quite reasonable to look at other than the airbrushed writing on the boot and the massive wrc spoiler (I suppose this is a matter of taste) however as we looked around the car all was not as it first appeared.

It has clearly been in a rear ender at some point and has been poorly repaired as there was 4-5 inches of water in the spare wheel well there was rust on the drivers side wheel arch. there has been a 2.5 sti engine fitted but it clearly had a wrx inlet manifold fitted.

My mate took it for a spin and it certainly went like stink and felt very quick.

The owner was an arrogant ***** who didn't like being given an honest opinion and didn't like being asked questions on it being in a rear ender, all in all guys and girls

I'd AVOID this like the plague as it belongs in the scrapyard not as someones pride and joy
Old 28 July 2012, 11:59 PM
ae82mad
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With an ad like that, I'm not surprised. Why bother in the first place ? Car looks ****e!!!!
Old 29 July 2012, 12:06 AM
X-Spec
Former Sponsor

As above, what on earth appealed to you about the car?
Old 29 July 2012, 12:08 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue and Gold

It has clearly been in a rear ender at some point and has been poorly repaired as there was 4-5 inches of water in the spare wheel well there was rust on the drivers side wheel arch. there has been a 2.5 sti engine fitted but it clearly had a wrx inlet manifold fitted.
I don't know the car, but if you are using that water in the wheel well as as a solitary reason for assuming it has had a rear ender, you could be wrong.
Leaking boots could be from the boot seal, that horrible spoiler not being sealed properly, and also the rear lights.

I'm no newage expert, but being a 51 reg, would make it a bugeye, and those are bugeye rear lights are they? So if they have been changed, rarely do people seal them properly again.
Old 29 July 2012, 08:11 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ae82mad
With an ad like that, I'm not surprised. Why bother in the first place ? Car looks ****e!!!!
as said guys, my mate was offered it in swap for his civic type R, this is not for me and I certainly wouldn't be going to view this for myself

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
I don't know the car, but if you are using that water in the wheel well as as a solitary reason for assuming it has had a rear ender, you could be wrong.
Leaking boots could be from the boot seal, that horrible spoiler not being sealed properly, and also the rear lights.

I'm no newage expert, but being a 51 reg, would make it a bugeye, and those are bugeye rear lights are they? So if they have been changed, rarely do people seal them properly again.
The water in the wheel well did cause alarm but not as much alarm as the fact that you could clearly see where it had all been welded back together at the back and there was a 4" wide hole which was also about 7" long where it hadn't been done properly.

on the pictures the car looks very reasonable (if you're into the wrc wing and airbrushed wording) I have to say the paint job seems to be done quite well but nothing seems to fit right, the other thing is the plastic trimmings in the rear quarter (where the seatbelt comes from) are buckled both sides as if they've been forced up and just not replaced when the car was repaired
Old 29 July 2012, 03:30 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Now removed, wonder why
Old 29 July 2012, 06:43 PM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
Now removed, wonder why
hmmm I wonder