Sponsored by:

Many thanks to Cobrasport in Sheffield

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2012, 09:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Many thanks to Cobrasport in Sheffield

To the guys at Exhausts UK, I got a warm welcome at 8.30am this morning when I was booked in for some backbox "fettling".

The simple background to my issue was self inflicted really. Me and another member on here swapped backboxes (both Cobrasport ones BTW), mine was a straight exit and fitted from my classic to his newage no issue. But his angled exit (was only swapping for aesthetics) just didn't fit right. It's my fault for not checking so there was no malice or bad feeling at all. The pipework was all wrong and it pulled the system up to far, rattling everywhere and rubbing on the driveshaft it's supposed to clear.

After a couple of cancellations on my part (engine related issues), I was booked in for today. The chap got her on the ramps and I explained I just wanted it to 'fit' right and adjust the pipework accordingly.

It genuinely looks proper sexy now. The pipework is spot on and a cross between the bend of a straight exit but with the backbox itself up/angled like a jap can but not OTT.

See if I can get some pics tomorrow (the inside of the car is spotless but the outside is manky with a rusting arch). I do recommend them, alterations were £100 which included the labour and parts for about 1.5 hrs.

Thanks for reading and falling asleep.
Old 30 June 2012, 09:46 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one Andy, I've used these guys in the past and found their service exceptional.