newb

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2012, 08:35 PM
v8-fd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb

Hi guys,

I just signed up recently and thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I think maybe one or two members here may know me from other forums, but for everybody else, Im Pete and actually I dont even own a subaru.

I need a new daily driver, and after deliberating at length over the necessary criteria and the options available, I have decided an Impreza is to be it. Obviously my first step is to research the subject, and so here I am, hoping to gain some valuable knowledge from you all to help me find the right car. Being a quiet sort, I'll probably just lurk around in the shadows for a while to be honest, but Im sure I'll come across plenty of questions I cant find the answers to. In fact, I do already have one question to kind of start the ball rolling, and to narrow my search down to more specific areas. I've had a quick look at some of the cars available, and prices vary massively, usually with the vendors claiming their car to be the best available whatever price they are asking. So, my question is, which model do you think I will be able to get a good example of for around £3 - £3.5k? Ive seen a few with the round headlights in this price bracket, but before I started looking I didnt expect to be able to afford anything this 'new' and I'm dubious as to how good they might be. I should be more specific, it has to be a turbo model, and I need an estate. At least until I decide I've had enough of waiting for the right estate and settle for a saloon, although I dont think my dogs would appreciate it much.

I'll look forward to all your suggestions