Sponsored by:

Should I sell up?

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2012, 11:46 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I sell up?

Hey everyone I've got a bugeye Sti prodrive edition it's covered 54k miles mint had a full rebuild by API gearbox rebuild and mapped by duncan it's currently pushing out 340+ bhp I've had the car for just under 4 years and have been offered £5225 cash for it do you lot think I should sell it or keep it as I'm at a cross roads as I could do with the money to pay a few bills off to save me a few quid each month but I know theres nothing out that gives as much bang for ya buck for £5k
Old 01 May 2012, 11:57 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Yes it does....Get your self a 340 bhp classic....

Old 02 May 2012, 12:00 AM
fingerscooby
Scooby Regular

Difficult descision mate, if you need the money that badly then it must be an option you should consider, but after all the work you have done on it that would be a real shame, and you may regret it. The trouble is it's a real buyers Market at the moment what with insurance costs and general running costs going up the price of these cars seem to be dropping every month . Good luck mate
Old 02 May 2012, 12:05 AM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Subaru's are always going to be a buyers market and unfortunately newage only seem to be going one way at the moment, scoobies can't really be justified as an everyday car with the way fuel is, so if you need the money then I say sell up. You can always come back, I did
Old 02 May 2012, 07:25 AM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a time for emotional attachment or a reality check - only you can decide.
How badly do you need the extra finance?

If you really need the finance at the mo take it & buy something later when you are in a stronger financial position, if not hang on.

Even though it is a buyers market ppl will always desire a car like yours in mint condition etc.

It would be worth sharing your thoughts on your final decision & outcome on the forum so that others can benefit because I think there will be other ppl who may end up in a similar position and your experience & insight could be invaluable when they have to make a call.

All the best mate!
Old 02 May 2012, 08:04 AM
5cooby1
Scooby Regular

I would keep it I use my classic as a daily and like you say what car can you buy to replace it?
Old 02 May 2012, 08:04 AM
5cooby1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tony Harrington
Is this a time for emotional attachment or a reality check - only you can decide.
How badly do you need the extra finance?

If you really need the finance at the mo take it & buy something later when you are in a stronger financial position, if not hang on.

Even though it is a buyers market ppl will always desire a car like yours in mint condition etc.

It would be worth sharing your thoughts on your final decision & outcome on the forum so that others can benefit because I think there will be other ppl who may end up in a similar position and your experience & insight could be invaluable when they have to make a call.

All the best mate!
Excellent advice
Old 02 May 2012, 08:39 AM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Thanks 5cooby1, I appreciate that! Very encouraging to say the least.
Old 02 May 2012, 08:53 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

had to sell mine due to health reasons the whole family loved the car but things in life change
i did a deal and i got a mondeo st tdci insurance is half tax is cheaper and i go straight by fuel stations lol who knows may be able to have another at a later date you can't live your life around a car really
ozz
Old 02 May 2012, 04:25 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

Hi guys thanks for all of your advice it does help when it's not the wife lol. I do agree it's a buyers market and I've been told by my local Subaru dealer that if my mate is offering me £5225 I should bite his hand off as that's a very good price for a 10 year old car. I can't make a decision till after we've been to the ring this weekend as he is selling his car afterwards. I do agree that having the car for so long and spending a lot of money on a car can make it very hard to part with but as bills don't stop coming I think I am now swaying more towards the idea of selling it once we come back and sort all my money out and. One back to the fold in a year or 2 and hopefully buy a car off one of the members off here fingers crossed all of the genuine members havent been replaced with chavs and hummus from rugby lol. But I will def update this thread if I do sell 100% and let people know the out come again thanks for all of your insights in to this.
Old 02 May 2012, 06:14 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Imprezas just dont make sense as everyday cars now.
Mine is a toy but if i needed the money for something important it would be gone.
Hopefully i wont be in that position though.
But its only a car.
Old 02 May 2012, 07:39 PM
grahamc
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree, take it!!