Sponsored by:

15k service - some interesting points!

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2001, 01:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Just had my 15K service - nothing spectacular in that, but, has anyone else had this fault - the numberplate lights and front side lights were 'dim'??? result 4 new bulbs!! apparently its common???

Also, the saga of my underseal coming off, my dealer contacted Subaru UK and, guess what? they reckon its not a warranty item?! ha ha ha what cr4p!! the warranty states:-

It is warranted that each new SUBARU vehicle registered and normally operated in the United Kingdom will be free of defects in materials or manufacturer's workmanship during the warranty period.

THAT is Suabru UK's statement, so how the hell can underseal not applied properly NOT be covered???

I remember some on here saying that they had had theirs replaced under warranty - is that right? albeit that it came off again - but that is not the issue.

Pete
Old 10 April 2001, 01:48 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFAIK the bodywork is covered by the 6 yr anti-corrosion warranty, which is a separate thing. In order to maintain it, the car has to have a 'body service' at 1 yr, 3 yrs and 5 yrs, and new underseal is routinely applied as part of this service. I had this done at the same time as the 15k service (and the car came back smelling like new but covered in oily black spots )

Of course, if yours wasn't applied properly in the first place then that's p*ss poor, and if your dealer won't fix it then I'd be inclined to phone round a few others. I think you have a strong case here - after all, if the underseal is coming off then it could be trapping water between itself and the car

Andy.
Old 10 April 2001, 01:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks Andy - its not up for its annual body check-up yet!! it was less than 10 months old when I notified my dealer of the fault therefore it should be covered surely??????

Well, thats my thought anyway!! Yes I may have to find another dealer, pity, cos Mill Lane, Basingstoke seem ok on other things??

pete
Old 10 April 2001, 02:08 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mine had it's 12 Month service and body service yesterday and now smells rather strange... Anybody know exactly what they do during the body service?? Do they take all the door panels off and spray inside the doors or do they do it some other way??
Old 10 April 2001, 03:18 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Pete

re the light bulbs. Apparantly, so my dealer was saying - Subarus are notorious for blowing the side and number plate lamps - don't know why. One of my number plate bulbs had blown and was replaced at the last service.

Chris
Old 10 April 2001, 09:30 PM
ad
Scooby Regular

dear all

i have had two supposed body services: first time I picked up the car it was dirtier than when i dropped it off and i noticed the now well known strips of underseal hanging off.
(no unusual smell though). Queried this and dealer repeated the wheel arch treatment which is now starting to fall off again Dealer gave me lots of hogwash about not being able to do a body service when it is raining! (can't afford roofs, steam + ventilation round here). Service manual describes re-application to body panels incl. bonnet + boot but I can't see any sign of it.
IMHO some dealers are diligent (therefore strange smell) and others can't be forked but still charge you (and still have the nerve to stick up the JD Power posters).
Old 10 April 2001, 10:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

My dealer has said that I should write to Subaru customer services and I 'may' get a favourable answer!!!!! bl00dy cheek!! all I want is for them to honour their contract, but I need to beg first!!??

By the way, the hesitation at 3000 rpm, if you didnt already know, has now OFFICIALLY been declared as a feature of the car!! for that I read that they cant fix it!!

Oh, dear, Subaru - I hear the distant pull on the lavortary chain and YOU are sitting on the pan!! goodbye!

Pete