Sponsored by:

Don't trust them just because they love Scoobies

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2012, 01:01 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't trust them just because they love Scoobies

I'm a pretty active member of the Scooby world since buying a P1 six years ago and must admit the Subaru Community as a whole is awesome and I have made a huge volume of mates with many that have / will end up long term buddies.

I ordered a skip to be delivered to my home. Got the shout that it had arrived and walked out the house to see the driver all over the P1.

Got chatting to him and he owned a Type R with several mods and seemed like a typical Scooby fan that I talk to at numerous events I attend every year.

Seeing the RCM engine he asked what happened to the previous lump and I mentioned that I still have most of it and it was all good.

Cutting a long story short I done the deal with him and he drove off with the complete Inter Cooler / brand new rad (still boxed) / heads and a few other bits.

Like a fool I let them go before receiving the funds but as we had exchanged mobile Nr's and addresses and didn't seem suspicious I thought things would be okay as he mentioned he will bring the money when collecting the skip.

The skip was full so I phoned the company and guess what? ...... some other numpty collected it.
I rung the original guy and he mentioned that he would bring the money around at the weekend.

Weeks went by together with many promises. The next thing I hear is that his father died and he was depressed. Weeks went by and he phoned to say he had lost his job. Next time he phoned he was ill. Two months passed and he phoned again.

I said "don't tell me, yer *** has fallen off, you've had a severe dose of the ***** for the last 8 weeks and your brother has just been convicted of raping sheep & having oral sex with a chicken".

Never did get my money and I learned a lesson.
I wouldn't stitch someone up and that was my downfall because you tend to believe that others sharing the same interests wouldn't either.

Wrong ............ some do.

Thought I would post this hoping it may prevent you from losing out too.

Don't trust ANYONE that you don't know.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:12 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry to hear this bud. this kind of thing really dents your faith in people. i hope 1 ******** doesnt spoil your dealings with people in future, but as you say guys like this are out there.
scoobynelly
Scooby Regular

mate, if you got his name / address, call the police? surely that's the obvious thing to do?

did you write a receipt of goods?
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a w*nker, but i must say most people i have come across be it at events or buying/selling parts have been great to deal with.
most recently p1kid on here who i got a great deal with on a genuine hawk window vane.
but there always one w****** that spoils it for everyone.
hopefully the parts you gave him will fail and kill his engine, call it karma
i personally would'nt sleep at night knowing i had ripped someone off, especially a fellow scooby owner. shame others are not the same.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 11 March 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:14 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

That's a shame fella, I guess you can trust us on here with reasonable post counts & years of posting ... I do struggle with the "newbies" though

TX.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:31 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
That's a shame fella, I guess you can trust us on here with reasonable post counts & years of posting ... I do struggle with the "newbies" though

TX.
agree with above, i bought an apexi ecu an commander from avery2p on here and he was a pleasure to deal with an i was fairly new at the time so put a lot of trust in him as it was 420 quid but it arrived bristol fashion in 2 days and all working fine and well packaged etc. stick with the guys who are known and are obvious enthuisiasts.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:39 PM
New_scooby_04

Money talks, bulls*it walks as they say. Just don't take chances on good faith when conducting transactions. Just because someone has congruent hobbies/interests, does not mean their morals are similarly well alligned.

Trending Topics

Old 11 March 2012, 01:42 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

fudge, you are one of the kindest blokes i have never met.
i bought a P1 last year and joined the owners club. i needed a small part, a little prodrive platinum wing roundel. i looked everywhere for one, no joy. subaru had i think 4 sets remaining stock total in uk and wanted £80.
put up a post telling all what i was looking for on http://www.p1woc.co.uk/
Got a message from fudge saying, sure mate i have what you are looking for, i ll send it off to you. 2 days later the roundel arrived at my address.

What i am saying is that fudge gave me this FOC, and would not take a penny from me !! he never knew me and did not need to be so kind hearted. I guess he was happy merely to help a fellow scoob enthusiast.

you have been turned over by the skip guy for sure but he will pay one day for sure for this.

subaru community is a good place to be with guys like you around
Old 11 March 2012, 02:22 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

People with such low ethical values and lack of morality get their comeuppance sooner or later. It's a such a c@nt's trick to abuse someone's good nature and trusting. That said at least it's made you wary for the future, as the saying goes 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.
Old 11 March 2012, 03:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Did the same for someone on here: sent him a genuine 5-speed gear **** in mint condition, asked for my postage, never received it, or any thanks.

Can't remember who, but mate, if you are reading this, you are a kn0b!
Old 11 March 2012, 03:16 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Money talks, bulls*it walks as they say. Just don't take chances on good faith when conducting transactions. Just because someone has congruent hobbies/interests, does not mean their morals are similarly well alligned.
Spot on......
A hard lesson to learn Fudge........
My motto is always see the worst in people and if they surprise you then that's a bonus..........
All the best........
Old 11 March 2012, 03:28 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

How anyone can rip someone off who puts trust in them, is beyond me, I feel for you mate.
Old 11 March 2012, 04:07 PM
smithy86
Scooby Regular

its a shame that things like this happen...been stiched up on ebay before after allowing buyers extra time to collect items and then they never get in contact.really does grind my gears..
Old 11 March 2012, 06:13 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

id go round his house with a skip full of **** and dump it on his front lawn , or just smash his door down and take goods to the value of what he owes you

seriously id make his life hell until he paid up
Old 11 March 2012, 06:22 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Did the same for someone on here: sent him a genuine 5-speed gear **** in mint condition, asked for my postage, never received it, or any thanks.

Can't remember who, but mate, if you are reading this, you are a kn0b!
a 5 speed one?
Old 11 March 2012, 06:31 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What a ucnt !!!
I hate people who's word means nothing !
Awnker
Old 11 March 2012, 07:35 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

**** mate!

I've had similar twice on scoobynet and I don't trust anyone I don't know now! Why do they always pull the bereavement card, second guy that shafted me did that one!

He's probably on here too, hopefully reading this and realising what a bell end he is. Let's hope he gets an air lock fitting his new rad and cooks the head gaskets!

Last edited by jameswrx; 11 March 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 08:08 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

I had his mobile Nr and address in my phone.

Changed phones last year and lost all 523 contacts
Old 11 March 2012, 09:01 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lesson learned, I guess Clive. You'll not let it happen again though, I'd imagine.

****'s trick what the other chap has done, all the same. Karma is a bitch though, and it'll come back to bite him at some point.
Old 11 March 2012, 09:16 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Mr Scammer will get what's coming one way or another. Don't let it change you SkullFudge just be weary for the future.
Old 12 March 2012, 12:25 AM
carlito
Scooby Regular

What a ****

The bare faced cheek of some people to take stuff and not bother paying for it is a pi$$ take..especially when it's done by fellow Impreza owners who screw it up for all of us who buy and sell things genuinely to each other..

I recently sold some bits of my car over on the WOC and one of them werre a full set of Brembo brakes including discs and pads etc.

They ended up being bought by a fellow WOC member from Jersey and although I advertised them as a collection only sale as I did'nt want to get involved in the postage and packing thing ..I agreed with the sale as he was willing to cover all the courier costs and was a decent fellow member who agreed to pay for them asap via paypal.

So as soon as they were paid for, I arranged the pickup date for the buyers courier and set about packaging them up..

It was over 40kg in the package in the end with all the calipers/discs/pads etc and I wanted to make sure it would arrive to the buyer safely and am a bit **** when it comes to things like this so I ended up spending around 2 hours to package it all up in a double re-enforced cardboard box which I spent ages looking for the right size in the loft!!

Used loads of polysterene/tape/newspaper/foam etc, wrapped each individual item well and strategically packed it all in the box without and gaps to avoid any damage in transit..then I taped and sealed the whole box and labelled it even putting the direction the box should have been stored in the avoid damage to it!!

Took photo's of it all for reference and emailed them to the buyer to make sure he was happy with it all and printed off all the documentation he had emailed to me which had to be enveloped and taped to the box.

On the day of the pickup from the courier arranged by the buyer I was told it could be picked up at anytime as even thought the buyer had tryed to get a time slot, the courier company would'nt give any more info so it was just a waiting game..

I am self-employed and ended up working form home that day so it was not too bad but they picked it up around 3pm so would have been a bit awkward if I had just been waiting for them to pick it up and not had anything else to get on with though..

In the end it was picked up and there were a few problems with the courier companys red tape in getting them to the buyer and we stayed in touch via PM's to try and resolve it all even though technically I had no duty to the package once it was picked up by the courier...I know the buyer had paid a lot for them to get it over to him and wanted to help him out in any way to make sure it got there.

In the end all was well and I think back to all the time and effort I put into seeing through and completing this whole transaction because thats just the type of bloke I am and respect our community!

Can only hope that when I end up buying anything over the forums..I would recieve the same sort of help and service from any fellow members.

This made me PMSL though!!.."don't tell me, yer *** has fallen off, you've had a severe dose of the ***** for the last 8 weeks and your brother has just been convicted of raping sheep & having oral sex with a chicken".
Old 12 March 2012, 12:34 AM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

What an idiot, Really boils my **** when things like this happen... If you make a deal - you honour it! plain and simple.
Old 12 March 2012, 03:24 AM
chrishigham
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happened to me on passionford, the guy had thousands of post so i thought i'd trust him, he said i'll send a cheque so stupidly i posted the items before the cheque arrived/cleared, so that he could have them quicker, no cheque ever arrived lesson learnt dont trust anyone anymore
Old 12 March 2012, 06:49 AM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Tbh...and I`m not playing `devils advocate` here, but there`s no way I`d let a complete stranger walk away with £xxx worth of goods without paying there and then. That`s just me though, still feel for ya mate
Old 12 March 2012, 10:20 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SkullFudge
I'm a pretty active member of the Scooby world since buying a P1 six years ago and must admit the Subaru Community as a whole is awesome and I have made a huge volume of mates with many that have / will end up long term buddies.

I ordered a skip to be delivered to my home. Got the shout that it had arrived and walked out the house to see the driver all over the P1.

Got chatting to him and he owned a Type R with several mods and seemed like a typical Scooby fan that I talk to at numerous events I attend every year.

Seeing the RCM engine he asked what happened to the previous lump and I mentioned that I still have most of it and it was all good.

Cutting a long story short I done the deal with him and he drove off with the complete Inter Cooler / brand new rad (still boxed) / heads and a few other bits.

Like a fool I let them go before receiving the funds but as we had exchanged mobile Nr's and addresses and didn't seem suspicious I thought things would be okay as he mentioned he will bring the money when collecting the skip.

The skip was full so I phoned the company and guess what? ...... some other numpty collected it.
I rung the original guy and he mentioned that he would bring the money around at the weekend.

Weeks went by together with many promises. The next thing I hear is that his father died and he was depressed. Weeks went by and he phoned to say he had lost his job. Next time he phoned he was ill. Two months passed and he phoned again.

I said "don't tell me, yer *** has fallen off, you've had a severe dose of the ***** for the last 8 weeks and your brother has just been convicted of raping sheep & having oral sex with a chicken".

Never did get my money and I learned a lesson.
I wouldn't stitch someone up and that was my downfall because you tend to believe that others sharing the same interests wouldn't either.

Wrong ............ some do.

Thought I would post this hoping it may prevent you from losing out too.

Don't trust ANYONE that you don't know.
not good mate but i guess you live n learn pal,

the last couple of times i have sold up and had some random spares i have advertised them on here for free just postage costs (at cost through work which i have to pay for) just asked if anyone fancies dropping a drink (and i mean a single beer £3.50) along with the paypal charge for postage then thanks it would be appreciated.

take a guess how many members did lol

sometimes being the nice guy in a situation gets you burnt but the fact is you have many a froend on these forums and dont be put off by the few that milk people for what ever they can get, plus you still have one of if not the nicest cars on any of the forums which is a credit to you,

chin up pal
Old 12 March 2012, 10:22 AM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

That's really bad mate proof that nice guys always finish last disgusting that people can do that sort of thing and not even care i could never do that to sum1 I've been offered things that I've brought off people/ forum members before payment before and I've refused as I like to make sure the money is in they're hands before they give me the item
Old 12 March 2012, 07:13 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I think it has all happened to us all on here at one point Clive.
Dont let it change you, as where would we be without trust in this world.
A guy ripped me off at one point too - but most proper enthusiasts are sound