Sponsored by:

Feel the need to moan

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2012, 04:51 PM
subzerokent
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feel the need to moan

I've not been here long but in the short time I have this site has gone down hill sad to say I know

There seem in my opion too much self promoting of products sold by company's on here you post a question and have a supply jump in saying buy this that ect. I personly will buy stuff after searching around and seeing what peoples reviews are. In my opinion I like japspeeds marketing post what they have then the odd bump. Please other supplyers take note

Again in my opinion all that with jimmy why wernt he thrown off a lot earlyer ?? Rather then let him upset a lot of other members ?

And why does it seam the amount of people selling stuff accepting PayPal for payment then making the buyer pay the fee ?? Again in my opinion that's down to the seller to accept. After all you sell on eBay you accept the fees any one that say buyer has to pay the fees I walk away I'm on other forums and have never seen that before I know owning these ain't cheep but come on !!!

Rant over

Ian
Old 09 February 2012, 04:55 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All points noted.

Close the door on your way out.
Old 09 February 2012, 04:58 PM
type-rob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
All points noted.

Mean, but I like it
Old 09 February 2012, 05:02 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calm down its an internet forum, people will come and go.

classics are cheap at the minute and will be bought by people who will come on here ask questions, then realise they cant afford to run or mod the cars and get upset by answers they receive and go as quick as they arrived and generally rant and swear in the process.

jimmy was a special fella no doubt, but his carer is still here if you miss him.

if you send money as a gift via paypal and get scammed its your own fault, this happens all over the net and not just here. look after yourself as it will be only you to blame if you lose your money,
Old 09 February 2012, 05:06 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

All points noted.

Oooohhhhh, you are awful.

But I like you
Old 09 February 2012, 05:12 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

My opinion is the buyer should always pay the fee. If I set a price for something then that's the price I want in my bank, fees and postage costs are extra.
All the stuff I have bought on here I always cover the extra costs.

I do agree a bit on the statement about companies jumping in though. Often see posts by people asking about mapping and you see them jump in saying 'I can do it and I can come to you etc etc'.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU if we want your services.
And I also agree on the whole Jimmy issue, mods (in my eyes) didn't give a ****. They acted far too late even though many members (myself included) asked for him to be banned.

Right, I'll close the door then
Old 09 February 2012, 07:00 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
My opinion is the buyer should always pay the fee. If I set a price for something then that's the price I want in my bank, fees and postage costs are extra.
All the stuff I have bought on here I always cover the extra costs.

Why not factor the extra charges price into your sale price so you get the one you want.
Old 09 February 2012, 07:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

All points noted.

Old 09 February 2012, 07:22 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day the seller is offering the buyer an instant payment method so you can have your parts quicker, this incurs charges. If you don't want to pay these charges sent a cheque and pay postage and wait for clearance.
I can understand the gripe if the seller still drags his heels in sending out the parts.
If one seller includes these charges in the sale he may look more expensive than the seller who doesn't. With ebay the seller doesn't really get the choice so all's fair.
Old 09 February 2012, 07:34 PM
subzerokent
Scooby Regular

That's why I'd rather buy thro eBay then pay for the privilege of being able to pay them thro PayPal I sell quite a bit on other forums and just swallow the fees
Old 09 February 2012, 07:39 PM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

i bought some items of a member on her couple weeks ago.. he gave me a price on them and that with postage ect i was wel happy with the price and paid no paypal ect... just straight into his account.. and then recieved my items job done... happy with my buy and will be buying bit more of members when i got some cash
Old 09 February 2012, 10:45 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by dean_1991
i bought some items of a member on her couple weeks ago.. he gave me a price on them and that with postage ect i was wel happy with the price and paid no paypal ect... just straight into his account.. and then recieved my items job done... happy with my buy and will be buying bit more of members when i got some cash

Just beware, as a buyer if you paid by a bank transfer (BACs). You often have zero protection if the seller turns out to be a fraudster.

Transfering money into a complete stranger's account is as risky as paying by Paypal gift or a seller accepting a cheque.

Its your money, so make sure you know who you are giving it to. If any doubt, ensure the transfer is done via an insured/protected means.

Last edited by ALi-B; 09 February 2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09 February 2012, 10:52 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I think the advice by Ali is so sound its not even worth questioning. Don't pay by gift. My addition is try to pick up if at all possible, if you have to pay by gift make sure you know the guy, well, and above all remember....Jesus loves you!
Old 10 February 2012, 07:11 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by subzerokent
I've not been here long but in the short time I have this site has gone down hill sad to say I know

There seem in my opion too much self promoting of products sold by company's on here you post a question and have a supply jump in saying buy this that ect. I personly will buy stuff after searching around and seeing what peoples reviews are. In my opinion I like japspeeds marketing post what they have then the odd bump. Please other supplyers take note

Again in my opinion all that with jimmy why wernt he thrown off a lot earlyer ?? Rather then let him upset a lot of other members ?

And why does it seam the amount of people selling stuff accepting PayPal for payment then making the buyer pay the fee ?? Again in my opinion that's down to the seller to accept. After all you sell on eBay you accept the fees any one that say buyer has to pay the fees I walk away I'm on other forums and have never seen that before I know owning these ain't cheep but come on !!!

Rant over

Ian
[rant]
This site has indeed gone down hill. Full of dozy ***** that can't spell.
[/rant]
Old 10 February 2012, 07:22 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
[rant]
This site has indeed gone down hill. Full of dozy ***** that can't spell.
[/rant]
Spelling i can forgive, but the grammar is terrible.
Old 10 February 2012, 07:31 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

i agree on the supplier issue.you ask peoples opinions etc on different products and before you know it there is a bitch fight going on between suppliers.
Old 10 February 2012, 07:45 AM
subzerokent
Scooby Regular

Spelling i can forgive, but the grammar is terrible.

I agree my spelling is **** And I'm being honest I haven't a clue how to set stuff out grammar wise. But does that make me a bad person ?

At least it ain't all tex talk
Old 10 February 2012, 07:49 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I agree my spelling is **** And I'm being honest I haven't a clue how to set stuff out grammar wise. But does that make me a bad person ?

Don't worry about it, some people have nothing else to do but moan about spelling/grammar/stickers on cars! The amount of English teachers that frequent this site is scary.
Old 10 February 2012, 07:55 AM
L&G.scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
The amount of English teachers that frequent this site is scary.
Yes it is!
Old 10 February 2012, 08:40 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will always be the one d1ckhead who has to pick up on spelling/grammar mistakes!

I wonder how he would feel if someone was to single him out over a weakness/inabillity?
Old 10 February 2012, 09:06 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

No it doesn't mate, for those of you that missed the smilies here's another

I was just taking the p1$$ in a tongue in cheek type way, on both my posts, out of both of the previous posters, and i really don't agree with people making themselves look good at the expense of others, and if you look through my previous posts on the matter you will see which side i fall on

And your spelling is not bad as you actually spelled most of it correctly in other parts of your post

And i was the same when i first started to post on here and was attacked by the self appointed police and took some of it on board, but i do like to make an effort where possible, but hey we're not all perfect and i have my good and bad moments as we all do.

Sorry if i caused any offence, that was not my intention.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 10 February 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10 February 2012, 09:42 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

My 2p worth on the original post.

Authorised Traders pay extra to come on here and offer their goods and services.

They also offer good advice and help solve problems in the technical forums, some that benefit from this site should do more, and in return they would see an increase in their business through a higher profile.

API, godspeed, engine tuner, jgm, dynamix, harvey stand out as the main ones that offer help and advice on a regular basis, and as a result are all busy.

And from those that contribute i don't mind the odd bit of plugging, and at the end of the day if they have a product that works or useful information then i and many others want to know about it, thats the primary reason we all come on the forum.

As for the jimmy situation, if everyone that came on here and offended someone was banned i think there would be no scoobynet.

He obviously has issues, if you don't like a particular member, my advice is refrain from taking part in discussions with them.

If i advertise a part on here for a price then i expect that price, the how where and when it gets to or is paid for is the purchasers responsibility.

Hope this goes some way towards answering your questions.
Old 10 February 2012, 10:27 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

No it doesn't mate, for those of you that missed the smilies here's another

I was just taking the p1$$ in a tongue in cheek type way, on both my posts, out of both of the previous posters, and i really don't agree with people making themselves look good at the expense of others, and if you look through my previous posts on the matter you will see which side i fall on

And your spelling is not bad as you actually spelled most of it correctly in other parts of your post

And i was the same when i first started to post on here and was attacked by the self appointed police and took some of it on board, but i do like to make an effort where possible, but hey we're not all perfect and i have my good and bad moments as we all do.

Sorry if i caused any offence, that was not my intension.
Or even intention! I don't think you were being offensive mate!
Old 10 February 2012, 10:34 AM
subzerokent
Scooby Regular

No offence was taken at all :-).

For some reason the smiles don't show on my phone. Being honest if it wasn't for the predictive tex on my phone My spelling would be worse. Should of payed more attention at school
Old 10 February 2012, 10:41 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Or even intention! I don't think you were being offensive mate!
Hey i did say i wasn't perfect and FYI thats the italian/latin spelling
Old 10 February 2012, 10:44 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yes, now get to the church and confess your sins heretic!
Old 10 February 2012, 01:41 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I was just taking the p1$$ in a tongue in cheek type way
So was I, just a bit of a take on the title of the thread. Notice the above my post.

Didn't really mean to offend anyone.
Old 10 February 2012, 03:24 PM
Quinvy
Scooby Regular

Them i phones have a lot to answer for. Spell check saves my blushes.