Sponsored by:

I wonder why at times

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2012, 03:39 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wonder why at times

I really have to wonder why i love my scoobs at times and recently it has been 1 of those trying times.
It all started when i installed a new engine as my last engine developed a slight knock so i thought id get another engine and install that and in my spare time rebuild the old engine. Got a complete running car that was rotten and took the engine outta that and changed some bits that mine had on and installed it. got in in there and started was running a bit lumpy and the CEL light was on with fault codes 22 and 23 knock sensor and maf, so got a new maf and put that on reset the ecu and sorted fault code 23 had disapeared so then got a new knock sensor and decided instead of struggling to install it ill take the intake manifold off and clean up the block and make sure its 100%. on removal of the intake the manifold came away from the heads leaving part of it still in place obviously not good, so got the other intake and fitted that on after cleaning the block and installing the knock sensor and finished the job started it started straight up and running smoother then ever. Took her out for a test run and was running as good as ever if not better until there was a loud pop and complete loss of power. got it back home and left it as it got too dark to do anything.
Started again this morning and found the intercooler had come away so refitted that and once again off we go, got back home and the car was idling quite high and turned off and flipped the bonnet and checked everything and nothing loose, checked the expantion tank and it was empty i thought at 1st may have had an airblock from where removed the manifold but took was too much water. checked underneath and water was streaming out, check everywhere and couldnt see where so i suspected the therostat housing so changed that as there thermostat rubber seal had perished tried again and still leaking so in the end it was a strip down of everything on the front and replace the water pump on removal of the pump i noticed there was no gasket on the water pump so that obviously didnt help matters. used instant gasket on cardboard and refitted retimmed and refilled and finally no leaks and running as it should took out for a test drive and everything appears to be spot on now and no presure occuring in the pipes so hopefully no damage has been done.
Long and short is i do love the scoobs but theres always something that need attention lol
Old 22 January 2012, 03:49 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F**k me cooky,your a busy man