Sponsored by:

Hey new here

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2001, 11:40 PM
RAW POWER
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey guys just wanted to drop a line and say "Hi" top all. I am Utah in America and i own an 89' Ford Probe GT Turbo. Now i know what your asking is why the hell am I on a scooby board, hahaha. Well truth be told i have a Subaru WRX STi Japan dual ball bearing turbo on my car that i adapted onto my Ford. I got it cause I was offered it at a Great price Brand new from IHI and it flows a great deal and is dual ball bearings making a very durable turbo. I have always wanted to own a WRX and was glad when they finally brought it to the north shores. But I am acually more fond of the older looks than the new looks. So far this turbo has powered my pathetic 145 HP 190 ft lbs of torque stocker to a nice 12 sec 300+ HP and over 350 ft lbs of torque with no added lag. Of course the turbo isn't the only thing responsible I have rebuilt the engine and have added T6 hyper pistons, total seal extreme series rings, shotpeened rods, micropolished the crank, oversized stainless steel valves, ported the head and intake and the exhaust has been hogged as well. Added larger RC injectors and 3 in Mandrel downpipe, 2 1/4 mandrel bent intercooler piping etc etc. Since I do porting and polishing for a living and rebuilding and modding cars as well I have spent very little in way of money on my car a total with cost of the car is around $4000. I will post images if any are interested to see. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.
Old 08 April 2001, 10:03 AM
mattski
Scooby Regular

Hi There,

Welcome to the BBS :-)

Would be nice to see some pictures of your car if you have any, you might find the following websites useful when posting pictures:
Old 08 April 2001, 10:59 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hola Amigo and welcome to the crazy imbalanced world that is scoobynet............
mmmmwwaaahhhhaaahhhhaaahhhaaahhhaaa

err anyway .....hello