Sponsored by:

Buying bits from Japan

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2002, 09:51 PM
Graham Beal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ive been looking on Taka Kaira at a few bits for my Scooby (Mainly bodystyling) I wanted to know has anyone bought anything off their website and did it turn up ok?? I just dont want to buy some stuff and it never turn up.

Cheers

Graham
Old 28 April 2002, 10:05 PM
memski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've bought from another Japanese company before and had no problems, around £1500 worth of kit, came within 2 weeks, brilliant service. They keep you in touch with email, and even translated a manual for a friend of mine. He's used Takakaira before without any problems.

I had to do a direct transfer from my account to theirs on blind faith, don't know if it's the same with TK, but for 1.5k I got Tein HA coilovers, adjustable pillowball mounts, hks bov, Apex airfilter, all in (including air freight, their own bank transfer fee, 5% tax, and customs and excise once it gets over here). Worth it imo, but there's always a risk, try using your credit card if you can. Oh and one other thing, lots of guys on the GtiR forum have stories about ordering Apexi boost/fuel controllers and have them turn up not working; you won't get any sort of warranty or replacement if this happens so avoid anything fragile thats likely to brake on the way over.