Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Smoking ban in the scoob . U opinion heard on the radio today at work !
Yes - sttongly agree
42.72%
N0 - disagree with the smoking ban
44.66%
Dont care
12.62%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Thought on smoking ban in the car !

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2011, 09:06 PM
SCOOBYOLS46
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Thought on smoking ban in the car !

Old 16 November 2011, 09:08 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

i dont smoke so it doesnt really bother me. although if you cant eat anything whilst driving, i dont see why you can smoke???

why you would smoke in a car when your kids are in i really dont understand...
Old 16 November 2011, 09:10 PM
SCOOBYOLS46
Scooby Regular

im a non smoking aswell but i diagree on the smoking ban aslong as other round u dont mind being in the vehicle aswell dont see the problem !
Old 16 November 2011, 09:11 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I never smoke when others are in my car, especially children. Really do not agree with people smoking when there are youngsters around.
I do however smoke in my cars/van when I'm on my own. Smoking ban or not I'll always smoke in them. They are my vehicles and if I want to smoke in them I will.

What the **** is this country coming to. What's gonna be next, won't be allowed to smoke in our own houses next....
Old 16 November 2011, 09:14 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I smoke but amazed when see parents smoking with kids in the car.Indeed anywhere near them!
Old 16 November 2011, 09:16 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

I'm an ex smoker, I'm all for it. Not only for health reasons. But I'm in the trade and there is nothing worse than getting in someones car who has just had a ***! It stinks!! It's almost as bad as the over flowing ashtray!!

My comments are purely towards my own benefit! I hate stinking cars with over flowing ashtrays! I never smoked in any of my cars.
Old 16 November 2011, 09:17 PM
L&G.scooby
Scooby Regular

I don't smoke, but if I did I would never smoke in my car, woudnt want it to smell of smoke.
Old 16 November 2011, 09:20 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I would never smoke in my car but find the Idea of not being able to do what you want in your own property completely unacceptable far more important things to sort out
Old 16 November 2011, 09:23 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r1c
But I'm in the trade and there is nothing worse than getting in someones car who has just had a ***! It stinks!! It's almost as bad as the over flowing ashtray!!
But it's THEIR car... That's my point. If they want to smoke in their own car then why shouldn't they. You don't have to get in.
Old 16 November 2011, 09:28 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Im a smoker and dont ever smoke in my car. The fact that its a scoob has no relevance i dont think i could handle the smell in the car. The person who had my company van before me smoked and it F**king stinks and ive had the van 6 months or so.

I make you right on the rules though. Its like the pub rules. Im more than happy to step outside for a ciggie when im having a drink. The thing that p*sses me off the most (and the reason a cpuple of people have lost some teeth) is the fact that the non smokers come outside with you and then have the cheek to moan about the smoke and the fact its cold!

Ive got news for you people! You are the reason smokers are outside, so you can enjoy the comfort of being inside smoke and cold free. No-one asked you to follow the smokers outside so think twice before you come out and have the F**king cheek to moan about something that you have caused yourself!

But still, my friends smoke in their cars and no matter how many magic trees they buy you still know they smoke in there the moment you open the door. It makes me feel sick sometimes, coming from a smoker aswell!
Old 16 November 2011, 09:29 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Dont smoke so dont really care but dont think it should be banned. Just another example of a police state.
Makes me cringe when i see peeps smoking with kids in the care. Also hacks me off when peeps flick the buts out the window.
Old 16 November 2011, 09:35 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
But it's THEIR car... That's my point. If they want to smoke in their own car then why shouldn't they. You don't have to get in.
It would be very hard for me to refuse to get in a customers car because of an overflowing ashtray, but why should I put my head in a footwell that has 5 half smoked *** butts in and god knows how much ash to do a routine service item or wiring repair?? As many dealers offer service valeting, why should they empty the ashtray with 100 butts in, and clean the mats and carpet? The customer can't be bothered! Why should they?
Old 16 November 2011, 09:43 PM
L&G.scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
Also hacks me off when peeps flick the buts out the window.
And that does pi$$ me off, even more so when on the bike, many a smoking car driver has got "the bird" and a bit more to boot. (if you know what I mean)
Old 16 November 2011, 10:02 PM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

i think people should leave smokers alone if they want to smoke in their car then so be it after all its their car isnt it.
i agree with the smoking ban in the pubs and clubs and bus stops because they are public places but inside someones car is their own
personal space and for smoking with passengers well if they dont like it they can take the bus or buy their own car.
i dont like seeing people smoking with children in the car.
i have recently stopped smoking and even when i was smoking i
would of never smoked in my car when my infant son was in the car.
who cares if someone is smoking in their car its not harming you is it.
and if you are in the car when the person is smoking ask to stop the car and let you out so you can catch the bus.
you would not like it if the smoker came into your house or car and started to tell you what you could and couldent do would you?
Old 16 November 2011, 10:14 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L&G.scobby
And that does pi$$ me off, even more so when on the bike, many a smoking car driver has got "the bird" and a bit more to boot. (if you know what I mean)
Ive had a lit one go into my helmet and burn my face. Never caught the person as i had to pull over sharpish to get it out. By the time i got going they had vanished.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:15 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

**** off.

i love smoking, in fact be right back gotta have a ***. lol

i dont smoke if someone is in the car, but its my choice if i want to smoke in my car as, i am a smoker, and enjoy it plain and simple.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:18 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

also thats bollacks about cars smelling, if you smoke in your car, if you have the window open and dont hot box the car, then it wont stink, also it helps if you actually clean the car and spray some air freshner in it, i find its just some smokers are dirty and lazy and smoke loads, dont open windows fully and dont clean there car.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:21 PM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

yea that is not so good mate but not all smokers flick there cigs out of the window i know i never when i used to smoke mate.
not to be cheeky here mate but should you not of had your visor down when driving your bike.
Ive had a lit one go into my helmet and burn my face. Never caught the person as i had to pull over sharpish to get it out. By the time i got going they had vanished.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:24 PM
Turbo Tez
Scooby Regular

My car, my rules. I smoke in mine Because I smoke and it's MY car to smoke in if I want.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:29 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

If children are in the car yeah deffo.

As for everything else they have no chance!!
Old 16 November 2011, 10:32 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

litteraly playing with fire while driving? ban it.

In car i dont mind if car stationary, in car while driving 100% ban
Old 16 November 2011, 10:36 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nizmo80
yea that is not so good mate but not all smokers flick there cigs out of the window i know i never when i used to smoke mate.
not to be cheeky here mate but should you not of had your visor down when driving your bike.
I only ever had my visor down when it was raining then only enough to keep the rain out or it misted. The only time it was fully down was when i was giving it the beans. Lucky i wear glasses or it could have hit me in the eye causing me to come off.
As i said ,i dont want smoking in cars banned as its yet another liberty taken away.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:37 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 99jdee
also thats bollacks about cars smelling, if you smoke in your car, if you have the window open and dont hot box the car, then it wont stink, also it helps if you actually clean the car and spray some air freshner in it, i find its just some smokers are dirty and lazy and smoke loads, dont open windows fully and dont clean there car.
Or it's just they smoke in the car!
Old 16 November 2011, 10:39 PM
swaynie
Scooby Regular

im an ex smoker and I agree to not smoking in cars your just tempting fate you will drop the cherry on one occasion and get a cig burn here and there which dont look nice and even with the window down and with the ashtrays never used the car still stinks you just cant smell it being a smoker.

I also hate being stuck behind a car when the person flicks a *** out the window and it hits my car
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Any caring parent wouldn't smoke in a car with their kids in, common sense really.

Anders
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

roll on smokers
Old 16 November 2011, 10:44 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anders_WR1
Any caring parent wouldn't smoke in a car with their kids in, common sense really.

Anders
When was the last time you did the school run mate ? lol
Seriously you would be surprised !
Old 16 November 2011, 10:47 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

I think they should ban smoking in your OWN house too. It makes YOUR OWN house smell terrible which is not nice for the next owner.

Yea right,
I paid for my car so I'll **** on the back seat if I want to. The day the government pay for my ride will be the day I stop smoking in it.
Old 16 November 2011, 10:48 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

When was the last time you did the school run mate ? lol
Seriously you would be surprised !
Sadly it shows how many uncaring parents there are out there...
Old 16 November 2011, 10:49 PM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

jesus you carseat sounds like it had more burns than one of bob marleys t-shirts lol
Originally Posted by swaynie
im an ex smoker and I agree to not smoking in cars your just tempting fate you will drop the cherry on one occasion and get a cig burn here and there which dont look nice and even with the window down and with the ashtrays never used the car still stinks you just cant smell it being a smoker.

I also hate being stuck behind a car when the person flicks a *** out the window and it hits my car

Quick Reply: Thought on smoking ban in the car !