Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello webmaster,

I am ric that wrote a comment in the topic
Old 04 April 2001, 04:41 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ric

This is an identical text to the one I received in an email from you just now. I am not sure why you have duplicated it, but I will answer you here rather than by email.

I am not on anyone's side, except that of the scoobynet community. This has always and will always be the case.

I am not trying to stop people complaining or saying bad things, I merely thought it was necessary to nip the current trend in the bud.

Like I said, i was not necessarily commenting on your thread in particular.

I feel that your thread has done what you intended which was to get the company in question's attention.

If you still do not have any luck with them, I would suggest a post in 2 week's time, or alternatively take the matter further with legal procedings.

I was sure I had made my reasons clear. I will not be closing this thread as it contains questions directed to me, but will close it if it turns into a debate about the supplier in question and basically mimics the precious post.

If you are unclear, or do not agree with this decision, please email me so we can discuss it.

Best regards

webmaster
Old 04 April 2001, 04:49 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Ric,
It is obvious that you are very angry with the way you have recived service from company X. I would be also. But you must consider the following. I think your original post reached its intended audience and you have received comments from many sides.

I can totally understand your frustration and I can only admit that put in the same scenario, I would probably do the same thing. But being someone who isn't covered with red mist, I can also see from the other side of the fence. If I was the webmaster, I would be upset that Scoobynet was being dragged up into all of this as a medium to air your potentially legal disputes.
Perhaps wait a few days to see how company X react to your initial post. If you still have not heard anything, then I would suggest legal advice. Re-opening the topic after it has been closed, however, will help nobody, not least Scoobynet.

Cheers and good luck!

Cem
Old 04 April 2001, 04:50 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Doh!
beat me to it!

Old 04 April 2001, 05:28 PM
ric
Scooby Regular

Wink

Webmaster:

Sorry for the email and the post on the BBS. I actually just wanted to send you this text by email. I understand your position and have to say that some users have a little bit abused the power of the board and I agree there were more and more posts of this kind. I know its not easy for you and I just was a little bit annoyed that the topic where my post was, was closed. I put in a lot of effort to be fair to the company and to write this text (I usually spek Swiss-german). And I think that my text is fair and doesn't have to be closed. Maybe I should have started my own topic called "my history with brakes". Again a BIG thanks to you for running this board its awesome!

Blow Dog:

Please note that I wasn't the person that started this topic, I just posted my view of things as Iain (the starter of this topic mentioned me....."one person is waiting 8 weeks"). I also have to say that I am rather disappointed from Godspeed than angry. I think that I am a person that can also see from the other side of the fence and do understand to some point that the webmaster has to close these topics.

greetings
ric from Switzerland
Old 04 April 2001, 06:04 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Ric, I don't think people have abused the board - most complaints seemed perfectly valid.

In defence of the webmaster: he has only closed the topics, not *deleted* them. So in a way he decided that the information should/could stay on the board - but could not be further elaborated upon.

I think Simon has to balance on a very thin line (not easy with his physique ) between freedom of speech and potential lawsuits.

The threads are very informative BTW, and I think some companies (like Scoobysport) actually gain a lot of respect with the way they replied, instead of loosing any.

Interesting reading material...

Theo
Old 04 April 2001, 08:12 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

ric

I have to say your English is much better than my Swiss/German!

Good luck with sorting out your brakes.

Dave