Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scoobynet bike track day

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2001, 10:27 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I`m thinking of picking a track day soon with whitham or someone and taking a gamble on the weather etc...I normally turn up on the day if its dry.....
How many of you biker folk want to give it a go apart from you Matt?
Probably June timeTHeres a Whitham day on June 4th at Donno full circuit £159???
Old 02 April 2001, 10:35 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Is that "wit" James himself? ( ) Riding a what?
Old 02 April 2001, 11:57 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I haven't got a bike, I can't even ride a motorbike but I'll go for a damn good look though!

Bob
Old 03 April 2001, 08:25 AM
Mr Grim Reaper
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ARRON BIRD:
[B]How many of you biker folk want to give it a go apart from you Matt?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna try and squeeze in some Bike track days this summer but I usually go for the arrive, pay some money and they give you a bike, leathers and stuff (I use my own lid though...). That way, if you bin it, it's effectively only cost you £100-150 (the difference between the cost of a track day where you use your own bike and the cost of a track day where they supply everything). I think it's well worth the extra dosh to not use your own bike....

Mallory is a good one, they are cheap, you get reasonable track time and the circuit is easy to learn so you spend more time improving and having fun....

Arron - I've got a mate who spends his summers doing track days and has a lot of experience of which companies are good to use and which are not. If you like, I can find out who he recommends???

Ta,

MGR

[This message has been edited by Mr Grim Reaper (edited 03 April 2001).]
Old 03 April 2001, 09:05 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

No disrespect matey but I`ve done a few track days now and I tend to do Jamie Whitham days because you can overtake, you only get 3 groups etc..

He is a racer and I like to give it some.
MCN days are ****...no overtaking up the inside and overtake on the outside no nearer than 8 feet !!!
Old 03 April 2001, 09:23 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

wont mention the names of any organisers but... track days that let you do what you want are not allways the best place to be. i appreciate that MCN take it a bit far with the regulatons but there is a middle ground. i did 30 track days last year and the year before and only saw one firm that didnt mind their instructors wheeling down the pit lane. that attitude encourages people to behave like fools and there were more offs before lunch than i can remeber.

tiggs

ps- not everybody at a trackday last year made it home safley.
Old 03 April 2001, 10:43 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

I know where your coming from Tiggs but I like to concentrate more on my riding than should I or shouldnt I overtake.
I also dont have a problem with wheelis as long as you can do em.
I find that Whitham days are a good compromise ....safe and well organised by real racers.
You can fall off on any of em......I`d still rather fall off on a track than on the road.
Old 03 April 2001, 11:43 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Smile

How about talking to
Old 03 April 2001, 02:31 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I've been on about 5 track days at brands and have seen good and bad behaviour that makes me understand why mcn took the stance they did.

I've seen loonies allowed out in slow groups who were clearly well above that level, but just enjoy mixing it with other riders nearby (one to disasterous results as he stuffed it up the inside on a blade of a track day novice on a 748sp, the blade lost the font wheel and took both out on druids).
Got even worse when the blade rider came back to the pits saying he had zero insurance road or track.

Alternatively i've seen guys that shouldnt even be on two wheels wobbling round the track like a mobile chicane with people trying to overtake round the outside hoping they didnt meander in front of them.

Basically what im saying is, track days are great, but i do prefer them when sensibly organised and the people organising actually watch whats going on and adjust groups accordingly.

Old 03 April 2001, 04:45 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Arron,

Stick me down for the beginners group! I might even get as far as taking the stabilisers off my Mille! Sounds good to me mate, I'll get saving. If were in for this heatwave we've been promised, then June sounds ideal.

Matt