Sponsored by:

windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2011, 12:23 PM
james28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windscreen

Hi all i have 2 dirty big chips in my new age sti screen and need a new one i am in the west midlands.Does anyone know the best place to source one from? new or second hand.I dont want to claim against my insurance.
Old 16 October 2011, 12:28 PM
yellowsierra
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do make sure its a Genuine one or it will leak

Claiming on your poicy will only cost you your windscreen excess which has no affect on your policy so id claim and have it done properly and if you do go this route....again insist on a "dealer screen" as it wont cost you any more. I know as i had mine done a couple of months ago

Ian
Old 16 October 2011, 12:59 PM
craigfturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Double triple check ur insurance companys views, i watched a programme on insurance horror stories last week.... This aspect of cover was highlighted!!

Makes me think three times instead of twice!!
Old 16 October 2011, 03:32 PM
need4speeduk
Scooby Regular

POLE POSITION UK THE MIDLANDS LEADING SUBARU SPECIALTY CENTER BREAKING CLASSIC & NEWAGE MODELS SERVICING/REPAIRS/UPGRADES/MOT'S/NEW PARTS/USED PARTS

BASED 2MINUTES OFF JUNCTION 10 M6 OFF MOTORWAY SOUTH STREET WILLENHALL WV13 3TG

8.30AM TILL 5.30MON/FRI/9AM TILL 2PM SAT
01902 605037/USED PARTS 07785942237
Old 16 October 2011, 03:36 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

" Watchdog " last week guy claimed for a new windscreen and his insurance went up following year as it was still seen as a claim even thou it was covered as part off the policy, even phoning up enquiring about cliaming a new windscreen is logged and claimed to effect your insurance risk ??!!

women told the story about phoning up her insurance company to advise them how much the excess etc would be as she had dropped her laptop and it required repair, when advised it would cost £100 excess she said its okay will just have it done myself, house / contents insurance went up the following year due to just her enquiring about making a claim.

yep and insurance companies claimed even thou it was just a phone call off enquiry the policy holder still shows a bigger overall risk !!

anyone else watch this particular episode ??
Old 16 October 2011, 03:41 PM
james28
Scooby Regular

I claimed of the insurance before on a policy many years ago and although i was covered.As i cancelled the policy midway through it went down as a claim made and my next years premium went sky high.I thought about getting one from a breakers but there is no guarantee that it will be in perfect condition and will still need a fitter to fit costing around 80 quid.I have opted for a windscreen company to come out £240 quid cash with guarantee and fitting.
Old 16 October 2011, 05:10 PM
Smudge46
Scooby Regular

This place does heated windscreens

http://www.heatedwindscreens.com/aca...html#a7927AGNH

Needs a simple wiring loop put in.

Trending Topics

Old 16 October 2011, 07:09 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
" Watchdog " last week guy claimed for a new windscreen and his insurance went up following year as it was still seen as a claim even thou it was covered as part off the policy, even phoning up enquiring about cliaming a new windscreen is logged and claimed to effect your insurance risk ??!!

women told the story about phoning up her insurance company to advise them how much the excess etc would be as she had dropped her laptop and it required repair, when advised it would cost £100 excess she said its okay will just have it done myself, house / contents insurance went up the following year due to just her enquiring about making a claim.

yep and insurance companies claimed even thou it was just a phone call off enquiry the policy holder still shows a bigger overall risk !!

anyone else watch this particular episode ??
I saw that, i have a small chip in my screen and wondering whether to get it fixed under insurance, don't particularly want an inflated price next year.
Old 16 October 2011, 07:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The amount they inflate it by is less than what you'll pay for a new screen and fitting

And as for TV programmes claiming those sort of things, well insurance goes up year on year, so HOW DO THEY KNOW it was the claim/enquiry that put it up?
Soundslike b0LLox to me.

Last edited by alcazar; 16 October 2011 at 07:50 PM.